Worth getting if I never played the other Personas?

#1DeathStinger356Posted 11/24/2012 2:29:12 PM
I've seen a lot about this game but never played any of the other Persona games, would it still be worth it for me to buy this?
#2FScellPosted 11/24/2012 2:30:57 PM
Sure, it's standalone and easily the most accessible of the entire bunch. Give it a shot.
---
The rain of ages plots again to wash away revelation
#3Strain42Posted 11/24/2012 2:33:12 PM
There are a few shoutouts and references to Persona 3, but nothing that will leave you lost if you haven't played it (and it's nothing important to the story)

But yeah, most of the Persona games are stand-alone titles.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#4BeefyNukesPosted 11/24/2012 2:35:37 PM(edited)
Once again, standalone title.

Not only is this game worth it's $40 price tag, twice over, but it's also one of the few PSVita games that's actually critically acclaimed to be "good".

If you don't mind JRPGs, pick this up. It's a must have for Vita owners.
#5pronouncemynamePosted 11/24/2012 2:36:36 PM
I never played a Persona game before this one.

I'm loving every second of it.
#6GalacticPBPosted 11/24/2012 2:52:46 PM
Playing P3 already makes a couple of scenes just a bit more interesting, but since it's a stand alone it doesn't really matter.
---
PSN: galacticprettybo Playing: P4A and Disgaea 4
P4A Main:Yu Narukami Sub:Yosuke Hanamura BBCSE Main:Hazama Sub: Jin Kisaragi
#7Zell1226Posted 11/24/2012 3:02:05 PM
There's no reason not to get this considering P4 for the PS2 is the same price as this game. Also what the others said is true. I would recommend picking up Persona 3 Portable in the PSN store as well, since it's a very good game like P4.
---
www.youtube.com/user/ZellDincht1226 - Gameplay videos!
www.twitch.tv/zelldincht1226 - Live Streams! Almost every day! Please follow!
#8skelly1331Posted 11/28/2012 10:58:40 PM
Totally! You don't have to know anything about persona 3 to enjoy this. There're a few extremely small easter egg type references to persona 3 but nothing big. If you end up enjoying the game then you should check out persona 3 . It'll be missing some of the gameplay additions in persona 4 so that'll take getting used to but it's still a great game. I actually liked the story in persona 3 more than the story in persona 4. 4 is a lot funner to play through though and I like the characters a bit more. If you decide to play 3 get the FES version as it has the answer add on which is amazing but extremely hard. It adds a lot of resolution to the story in 3.