Serious question. Thinking about getting this game.

#1Ivajosh10Posted 11/25/2012 12:43:08 AM
People tend to laugh when I ask people to do this, but would anyone be willing to tell me what 3 games this is like?

Example: Dishonored: Bioshock powers, Skyrim AI, Deus Ex Story telling.

This game sounds awesome and I missed out on persona as a kid. =) just got this Vita and it seemed like a great game to buy.
---
PSN: Ivajosh; GT: Ivajosh90; Steam: Ivajosh
#2Strain42Posted 11/25/2012 12:45:34 AM
Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable

...I know that sounds like a sarcastic answer, but I really can't give you much more than that.

Basically Persona 4 (and 3) is like two games in one.

In one half you have a sort of social sim game where you spend your afternoons (and sometimes nights) hanging out with friends, meeting new people and raising your ranks from 1 to 10

The other half is dungeon crawling. Randomly generated floors, turn based combat, collecting and fusing new Persona to use in battle.

My best advice is to just watch some gameplay videos, because it's really hard to describe the game when you try to compare it to something else.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#3synthetiksinPosted 11/25/2012 12:46:19 AM
Get it. If what you've heard sounds good and has interested you, once you play, it'll be a billion times better.
#4Ivajosh10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 12:54:24 AM
2nd poster: Fair enough, I know it's an incredibly different RPG, just don't know if it's a JRPG, Western , all of that. I'm going in sorta blind minus knowing you date people or have friends in game or something like that.
3rd poster: Yeah, might get it digitally next payday, need a memory card, any idea how big the digital version is?
---
#5Haru_HaruhiPosted 11/25/2012 1:01:52 AM
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club character interaction, vaguely Final Fantasy X-like battle system, in that some actions may grant you additional turns, visual novel-esque dialog scenes, with character models moving around behind the character profiles.
---
Brigade
If you are not with us, you are either an enemy or a client!
#6GodMWOLFPosted 11/25/2012 1:04:33 AM
Ivajosh10 posted...
2nd poster: Fair enough, I know it's an incredibly different RPG, just don't know if it's a JRPG, Western , all of that. I'm going in sorta blind minus knowing you date people or have friends in game or something like that.
3rd poster: Yeah, might get it digitally next payday, need a memory card, any idea how big the digital version is?

3.2 gigas my friend
---
I love Persona 4
TUTURUU Oh Okarin. Psn:mwolfizcool
#7LordFarquad1312Posted 11/25/2012 1:35:17 AM
Turn based RPG, dating and/or social sim, highscool anime.

That's the best I can come up with that resembles your request.
---
The force is my ally
"If you are tired of fear from links... Let Kirby's Nightmare protect you."
#8Ivajosh10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 1:51:38 AM
Wow that's a big game, gonna have to get a decent size memory card, thanks for the post guys, Ill probably get it retail. =)
---
#9Ivajosh10(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 11:55:47 PM
So bought a 32gb memory card just for this game. :D Cheers!
---
#10Yuji KaidoPosted 11/29/2012 11:57:40 PM
You won't regret it.
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
"Death's embrace awaits !!!" - Evil Ryu