Is getting all SLs maxed really worth it (spoilers)

#1Azure_FlamePosted 11/25/2012 4:26:51 PM
I'm not a trophy player -- I don't buy games with the intent of completing them 110%, doing every single possible thing there is to do -- so I don't intend to go for the platinum on this game either. IMO it takes the enjoyment out of the experience, but I realize that this isn't true for everyone.

That said, since I don't plan on actively pursuing the platinum trophy, is it worth it to get all Social Links maxed? This PT I just went for whoever I felt like, but on my next PT I plan on at least getting Marie and Adachi's SLs maxed for the bonuses they give (is it even possible to do the bonus dungeon and get the Accomplice Ending in the same playthrough? I'm guessing no), but is there really a benefit to maxing every single SL beyond getting a trophy for it?
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#2Boomerang78Posted 11/25/2012 4:29:20 PM(edited)
Not really, no. You get access to some nice Personas for maxing out social links, and another one for maxing out every social link (along with some armor if you complete the Compendium), but the game is very beatable without doing so (including the super boss).
---
http://i.imgur.com/yD9N0.gif
#3MichaelXCPosted 11/25/2012 4:39:22 PM(edited)
In fact, what I would call the two best personas don't require maxed out social links. You do get an achievement for maxing out all SLs though, otherwise its really not that important.
#4Azure_Flame(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 4:42:34 PM
Alright, good to know.

Now, more importantly, CAN you do both the accomplice ending and Marie's bonus dungeon in the same playthrough?
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#5Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 11/25/2012 4:52:03 PM
Azure_Flame posted...
Alright, good to know.

Now, more importantly, CAN you do both the accomplice ending and Marie's bonus dungeon in the same playthrough?

No, accomplice ending forced you to stop at december like the bad end
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#6Azure_Flame(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 4:52:33 PM
Silfurbor_Negla posted...
Azure_Flame posted...
Alright, good to know.

3 (or 4) playthroughs) it is, then.

Oh well, more fun for me!
---
#7wilfredaPosted 11/25/2012 4:53:34 PM
Azure_Flame posted...
Silfurbor_Negla posted...
Azure_Flame posted...
Alright, good to know.

3 (or 4) playthroughs) it is, then.

Oh well, more fun for me!

You can max Adachi's S.Link in the true ending too, though, if that's what you're concerned about.
#8Killer_Man90Posted 11/25/2012 4:56:14 PM(edited)
Spoilers below.

For those who have watched the True Ending of P4, , I heard that Maxing out all SLink in this game on 2nd playthrough allows you to access InO (sorry for the initials, I hope you know what Persona I'm talking about. This is to avoid spoiling for the curious cats >_>) If thats true then can InO be stored on Compendium in this game?
---
Glory Glory Man United
#9Azure_Flame(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 5:08:20 PM(edited)
Killer_Man90 posted...
Spoilers below.

For those who have watched the True Ending of P4, , I heard that Maxing out all SLink in this game on 2nd playthrough allows you to access InO (sorry for the initials, I hope you know what Persona I'm talking about. This is to avoid spoiling for the curious cats >_>) If thats true then can InO be stored on Compendium in this game?

Fairly certain that the only requirement for that particular persona (besides the materials needed to fuse it, and being at the appropriate level) is viewing the True Ending -- maxing all SLs is not required.

But yes, I would assume that it CAN be stored in the Compendium (you could do it with Messiah and Orpheus Telos in P3P, at least).

wilfreda posted...
You can max Adachi's S.Link in the true ending too, though, if that's what you're concerned about.

Well, I'm already in the TV preparing to tackle Izanami-no-Okami, so that's not an option. But can't you only get Magatsu Izanagi if you actually VIEW the Accomplice Ending?
---
#10Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 11/25/2012 5:07:45 PM
Killer_Man90 posted...
Spoilers below.

True ending is the only requirement for that persona
And you cant register that persona on compendium unfortunately
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.