dialog and voice acting is so bad

#21Birth_By_SorrowPosted 11/26/2012 7:45:11 AM
The_Djoker posted...
Comparing the va and dialogue to ff12 is stupid. That game had and still has some of the best localisation for a Jpn rpg ever

Really? How so? And I am not trying to argue with you I am just actually curious why you think that, maybe I should give the game another shot.

The game itself can be boring for some. I love FF12 but i can see why so many people hated it. It just wasn't very interesting from a character/story standpoint. For me...it still has one of the best battle systems to ever grace a JRPG. And if we're talking about just the quality of VA then yes FF12 is in a league of it's own. It's actually one of the rare JRPG's that has better english VA than JPN.

I don't understand those who "hate." You can dislike a game sure, but why can't you respect a game for what it is in an unbiased manor? I dislike FF12 immensely, but I'm not going to say it's a bad game. I mostly don't like the battle system, same with FFXIII (though the story is also terrible in the latter). Didn't give XII enough time to judge the voice acting, but I trust from what I've heard it was very good.

Now, how you could bash P4 for it's voice acting is beyond me. I find it much better then most FF games, etc. As for the writing, imo it has the best writing of any JRPG I've played. It doesn't delve "too" deep into all those cliche tropes that most do. There are very few moments where you cringe or say "really, why, why write that?"
#22supremeblasterPosted 11/26/2012 8:07:15 AM
Fakefire topic.
/of discussion
#23Birth_By_SorrowPosted 11/26/2012 8:07:48 AM
supremeblaster posted...
Fakefire topic.
/of discussion

Infamous troll around here? ^_^
#24supremeblasterPosted 11/26/2012 8:13:54 AM
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
supremeblaster posted...
Fakefire topic.
/of discussion

Infamous troll around here? ^_^

Yup, he trolls the whole site. Best to avoid his topics.
#25UnquestionablePosted 11/26/2012 8:42:55 AM
I wouldn't say it's the VA as much as how unnatural most of the dialogue sounds, as if someone was trying to imitate being human instead of going off first hand experience. FF12 didn't have the burden of trying to replicate real life so it's much easier to accept out of the normal conversation. As for bad voice acting no one is allow to complain about it till they play Chaos Wars...
---
"Humiliate the reason and distort the soul"
#26ZenpukkiPosted 11/26/2012 9:31:57 AM
Well, It looks like TC has been sent into the abyss and will be forgotten in short time
---
PSN ID : Asch999
#27Tayo2345Posted 11/26/2012 10:09:10 AM
Clearly TC hasn't played Arc Rise Fantasia.
---
I don't care what you say, Generation II sucks.
That's just my opinion, no matter how true it may be.
#28Skull007o_OPosted 11/26/2012 10:11:08 AM
Strange... this is one of the few games I prefer playing with english VA
#29Tayo2345Posted 11/26/2012 10:18:36 AM
Skull007o_O posted...
Strange... this is one of the few games I prefer playing with english VA

I honestly can't stand Japanese voice actors, or French, or Spanish, or German, or anything other than English, because I can't understand a friggin' word they're saying, and it distracts me from the written dialogue.

But that's just me.
---
I don't care what you say, Generation II sucks.
That's just my opinion, no matter how true it may be.
#30Kazuhira07Posted 11/26/2012 10:32:43 AM
I prefer Japanese voice acting, but this is actually not bad. If it really bothers you turn it off.

Btw, FF XII way inferior than MGS' voice acting.