dialog and voice acting is so bad

#31Skull007o_OPosted 11/26/2012 9:45:44 AM
Kazuhira07 posted...
I prefer Japanese voice acting, but this is actually not bad. If it really bothers you turn it off.

Btw, FF XII way inferior than MGS' voice acting.

Are you talking about MGS1? it's still greatly done, even for this gen's standards
#32FabuIousPosted 11/26/2012 10:58:20 AM
Dialogue is god awful. no one talks like these kids and the main char is an ugly looking nerd with no personality that gets alot of girls.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/toilethumor
psn : toilethumorr
#33Strain42Posted 11/26/2012 10:59:35 AM
I like grilled cheese :)
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#34SkaldskaparmalPosted 11/26/2012 11:31:14 AM(edited)
KuzunohaRaidou posted...
The VA and dialogue is god-tier for JRPGs

Honestly, no.

remember Star Ocean 4, FF13, Resonance of Fate, or pretty much anything this gen?

Final Fantasy XIII had better voice acting than this game, even if almost everything outside of that game's sound was terrible.

Resonance of Fate was entirely forgettable. The only things I really remember were that the combat was a pain in the ass (unnecessarily so) and one of the playable guys was voiced by Nolan "I'm in every goddamn game" North.

The funny thing with SO4 is that it had several of the same voice actors as this game, but the end result was... not good. Personally, I blame the game itself. No one could make the script and characters in that game good. No one.
#35GaboadoPosted 11/26/2012 11:29:44 AM
Skaldskaparmal posted...
KuzunohaRaidou posted...
The VA and dialogue is god-tier for JRPGs

Honestly, no.

remember Star Ocean 4, FF13, Resonance of Fate, or pretty much anything this gen?

Final Fantasy XIII had better voice acting than this game, even if almost everything outside of that games sound was terrible.

Resonance of Fate was entirely forgettable. The only things I really remember were that the combat was a pain in the ass (unnecessarily so) and one of the playable guys was voiced by Nolan "I'm in every goddamn game" North.

The funny thing with SO4 is that it had several of the same voice actors as this game, but the end result was... not good. Personally, I blame the game itself. No one could make the script and characters in that game good. No one.

Vanille is more annoying than Rise thatīs for sure.
#36CennusPosted 11/26/2012 4:06:27 PM
I really like Chie's VA in this game. It's distinctive amongst everyone else in the game. Makes her stand out.
---
PSN - Warforged (Vita), Live - Mindclash, 3DS - 2793-1790-6699, Wii U - Cennus
#37LittleBraverPosted 11/26/2012 5:54:49 PM
I can care less about it now. Gameplay matter more than voice, but still I'm waiting for the Japanese version to lower it's price than I will buy it again, for now I will beat the English.
#38purple_moPosted 11/26/2012 6:32:48 PM
I like the VA in the game in general. I wouldn't call them realistic by any means, but since when was P4 realistic, even if they made it in a "real" town and "real" school. I think Chie's over-the-top . . . Chie-ness fits the mood well. The only ones I don't like that much is Naoto (who seems like a throw in character), Marie (who is trying too hard), and Teddie (because he makes me think of a creepy old man). None of these characters are all that real; they are for the most part staple character archetypes in anime/gaming but for a little bit here and there.