I wish that they hadn't released "official" names of the Protag.

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. I wish that they hadn't released "official" names of the Protag.
2 years ago#31
Don't worry I named my character after me.

I see tons of silly anime and generic overused japanese anime names though.
---
Now Playing: Ragnarok Tactics, Ragnarok Odyssey, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, Mugen Souls
I Have A Huge Backlog.
2 years ago#32
GeassMaster posted...
Don't worry I named my character after me.

I see tons of silly anime and generic overused japanese anime names though.

Just out of curiosity, what names do you see?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Haseo8
PSN: Zichiker(made it years ago, which is why the name is terrible)
2 years ago#33
I named him Yu Narukami. Problem?

In Vanilla P4, I used my name. Even after "Souji Seta" was introduced, I continued naming him after myself. I like "Yu Narukami", so I, and others use it. Simple as that. Same goes for P3, but I like "Minato Arisato", so I started using it.
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjf48W3Dg98
2 years ago#34
I never keep original names or in this case name MC after his Canon name. I named the MCs in FES and P4 after characters I use in a roleplay with a friend. With other games where you can rename characters(eg: FF9 since that's what I'm currently playing), I always name them after my own characters in my story. I just find it fun to imagine my own characters in the roles I put them in
2 years ago#35
I always name the MC after myself. Kind of boring to see so many Yu's on SOS, I agree.

Also, hats off to whoever I saw that named their MC Junpei Iori. That's just awesome.
---
I like girls, but now, it's about justice.
XBL GT: Synthed
2 years ago#36
I name mine Main Char. "Character" doesn't fit and it makes me sad. On my NG+ though I named him Main Brotag instead.
2 years ago#37
I thought his name was Sensei.
2 years ago#38
Serrin posted...
I always name the MC after myself. Kind of boring to see so many Yu's on SOS, I agree.

Also, hats off to whoever I saw that named their MC Junpei Iori. That's just awesome.

I choose Seta Souji for P3P, so I had to go with Minato Arisato for Golden.
---
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostwolf&cn=Verranicus
2 years ago#39
Seeing as how the Golden Ending references the events of Arena and since in Arena he's Yu Narukami, I just don't see the point of naming him anything else.

For the same reason I would never name Tatsuya Suou anything else.

This, really.

Otherwise I don't see the harm in people using the canon names, considering I just respond to the SOS messages to be nice and can't even remember any of the names that go with them because I'm busy doing something else on the game.
---
PSN: Neophoton (I pop up whenever, so I'll add you back whenever I do get on)
Currently playing: Zone of the Enders HD, Persona 4 Golden
2 years ago#40
Screw that. If I'm given a silent protagonist his name will be my name.

But if its a girl, the jury's out on that one.
---
[Tu fui, ego eris.]
http://i.imgur.com/7dBe9.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. I wish that they hadn't released "official" names of the Protag.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived