Is it canon that the MC did not max any social links?

#31synthetiksinPosted 11/28/2012 11:54:06 AM
FScell posted...
Canon means that it's part of the official continuity. If continuity is going to be considered then the games are likely going to be the official interpretation of events.

So the animation should be considered a non-canon adaptation unless something comes along in the future to place that version of the story over the ones presented by the actual games.

No ****.

You still haven't given me proof that it's NOT canon. Everything that's been done in the game has also been done in the show but with extra stuff.

Media from other media adaptations are being used as canon work all the time (SW:EU, Steins;Gate, etc). So unless you can link me to an email or official press release saying it's not canon, there's no proof of that.
#32FScellPosted 11/28/2012 12:05:51 PM
There is no proof, or need for proof.

There is simply no adequate reason to consider it canon at this time. It doesn't matter all that much that it could potentially be canon.
---
The rain of ages plots again to wash away revelation
#33synthetiksinPosted 11/28/2012 12:11:49 PM
Uh, no.
#34BrightShield786Posted 11/28/2012 3:24:57 PM
There have been stuff outside of original work that have been considered canon.

Perhaps, but the P4 anime is clearly not one of these things.

Besides, the series might not be canon but it's sure as hell more canon than what any of us has done in the game, unless atlus has clearly said there was.

Wrong again. All of our individual games were closer to being canon than the anime, since we are all forced to watch a scripted set of events. The anime even changes the events that we as gamers cannot influence.

So yeah, your game, my game, FScell's game etc. are all more canon than the anime.

You still haven't given me proof that it's NOT canon.

He shouldn't need to prove that an anime adaptation of the game which was made by Aniplex & AIC ASTA is non canon...

Everything that's been done in the game has also been done in the show

Completely false. The anime contradicts the game all the time.

From things as small as: Hanako eating mystery food x, instead of Yosuke begging her for food.

To things as big as: The characters not using weapons in the TV world, when they are clearly supposed to.

but with extra stuff.

Nope, more stuff has been cut than added(I really miss Kanji's animal crackers personally). Not to mention that certain parts got completely butchered due to the anime rushing through key events.

Media from other media adaptations are being used as canon work all the time (SW:EU, Steins;Gate, etc).

That clearly isn't the case here. Arena follows P4 over the anime because of the whole weapons thing(among other things). Had it followed the anime, all of the characters would be unarmed and solely using their Personas to fight. Game, set, and match.

So unless you can link me to an email or official press release saying it's not canon, there's no proof of that.

There is no need when the official sequel has already proven the anime to be non canon. You are the one that has to provide proof, but you will never find any.

Not to be rude, but you are completely nuts if you think that Atlus would make the anime canon over both P4 and Arena... especially since Atlus didn't make the anime...
---
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword." - Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones
#35DrakillionPosted 11/28/2012 5:18:35 PM
I think he maxed out all of the Investigation Team's and the Dojima's family S.Links.

In Persona 4: Arena. My guess is that the restraints that the characters had on their Personas weakened so it's possible that their Personas "devolved".

Remember, in P4:A Their Shadow's returned
---
---
"Dating Yukari Takeba is, like, the closest thing to dating Michelle Ruff, so I don't see the reason why not."- My brother XD
#36princeoftimePosted 11/28/2012 5:32:29 PM
My guess is if they have another revelation or moment of inspiration they'll get them back like the cutscene in Arena with Yu vs Elizabeth where he surged out enough power to frighten her because the whole team was watching him. Heck, Teddie's instant kill attack was called Kamui Kablooey so it's referencing his second tier persona.

On another note I was hoping for some reference to Kanji's instant kill attack in Arena. Since it was called "The Man Series: Brofist".
#37princeoftimePosted 11/28/2012 5:33:42 PM
Oh, there's also the way he fused several max social link personas in the anime, like Beelzebub.