Kanji isn't gay.

#21katellaPosted 11/28/2012 10:07:57 PM
Guys can be bi. Liking the same sex as well as the opposite doesnt make you gay, thats just a mentality driven by twisted homophobic morals of ignorant people who are extremely influential and will never take no for an answer of their opinion.
---
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic~
PSN: ScarletDevilI(L + I undercase)
#22ikilledkenny2Posted 11/28/2012 10:09:46 PM
above poster is completely right. I don't really think there's any reason to discuss this further, honestly.
#23metamaraPosted 11/28/2012 10:16:41 PM
If yuu is alpha, kanji is bi, so who's c?
#24SpacePirateSealPosted 11/28/2012 10:33:28 PM
ikilledkenny2 posted...
It's pretty much canon that he's bi.

He has a thing for Naoto before and after finding out her gender, and he nosebleeds for the girls at the waterfall and encourages them in the swimsuit contest. He just shows that he can also find men romantically attractive, as he initially did for Naoto.

His dungeon isn't a reflection of his true feelings, but more what he's afraid of being seen as. He's not comfortable that he finds Naoto attractive when believing she's male, along with his hobbies not being considered "manly" and his shadow is what Kanji feels others see him as because of his hobbies and ambiguous sexuality.

I wouldn't say he had an attraction for Naoto at the start, I think it was more of the fact that someone actually approached him and had a conversation with him like he was normal and not, "ew you like to sew? and you're a guy? that's gay" or someone trying to fight him. If anything Kanji probably thought Naoto had an attraction to him instead of the other way around. Keep in mind he's a total loner with no friends and was/is constantly being teased. IMO he's just a feminine brotagonist.
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410
#25GeminiX7Posted 11/28/2012 10:41:04 PM
ikilledkenny2 posted...

He has a thing for Naoto before and after finding out her gender, and he nosebleeds for the girls at the waterfall and encourages them in the swimsuit contest. He just shows that he can also find men romantically attractive, as he initially did for Naoto.

His dungeon isn't a reflection of his true feelings, but more what he's afraid of being seen as. He's not comfortable that he finds Naoto attractive when believing she's male, along with his hobbies not being considered "manly" and his shadow is what Kanji feels others see him as because of his hobbies and ambiguous sexuality.

/topic
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#26teffyPosted 11/28/2012 10:52:11 PM
GeminiX7 posted...
ikilledkenny2 posted...

/topic

Except he doesn't have a "thing for Naoto" until after she is rescued from the TV and they know her true gender. Before that he's awkward around her but that's due to her treating him like a NORMAL person rather than a freak, and him assuming she has a crush on him rather than him crushing on her.

Kanji isn't gay or even bi, he's just a confused teenager, like a lot of teens growing up. And honestly, it's a lot more refreshing to me to see that plot line played honestly rather than having him just be gay/bi. And this is coming from a gay guy who wants to see more realistic gay characters.

TL;DR: Kanji's straight but confused, take it from a homo.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#27ikilledkenny2Posted 11/28/2012 11:46:21 PM(edited)
No, that honestly has nothing to do with it. Kanji isn't treated like a "freak", and clearly is comfortable around men because his shadow only targets females when he mentions people who treat him poorly or scare him. At the time, he thinks Naoto is male, and would have no reason to feel awkward around him normally. Kanji even says something along the lines of ``He`s interested in me? B-but he's a guy. And I'm a guy." while blushing. He then of course goes to the meeting with Naoto. Kanji thinks Naoto is asking him on a date, initally, not asking him for information, and he even goes to meet Naoto.

It's pretty clear if you watch the scene. Kanji also has no fear of men. Kanji's complex comes from him not being interested in typically male activities, but then all the girls who he tries to share interests with treat him oddly for having such typically "feminine" interests. Then he ends up lying to himself and becoming who he's not by being a "tough" guy, as he doesn't feel comfortable pursuing what he really loves, which is arts and crafts and all that.

Kanji's awkwardness around Naoto is because he's interested in going on a date and getting to know Naoto romantically despite being a man. He initially believes Naoto is a guy, and is asking him on a date, not knowing Naoto's real purpose is to gather information. Later it's revealed Kanji is bi when he's still interested in Naoto even though it's revealed she's a female.
#28rabies_nekoPosted 11/28/2012 11:43:33 PM
Guys he's clearly Naotosexual.
#29MarieWolfwoodPosted 11/28/2012 11:45:01 PM
Who cares. He's hot. <3
#30Subro7Posted 11/28/2012 11:47:48 PM
TL;DR: Kanji's straight but confused, take it from a homo.

This.

Naoto wasn't afraid to approach Kanji even though he put up a tough man facade.

Kanji also misunderstood Naoto's approach as a romantic one even though it was purely for detective work.

*spoilers?*

Because Kanji didn't feel very uncomfortable around Naoto and assumed she was a guy, he questioned himself.

His hobby also plays into the stereotype of what girls like to do, not guys, so that also contributed to his confusion.