Kanji isn't gay.

#31Skull007o_OPosted 11/28/2012 11:06:24 PM
Yeah, maybe we wouldn't have seen such an 'extreme' shadow kanji if naoto hadn't shown up a couple of days before... IMO the approach of naoto was the spark to increase Kanji's doubts... also, remember that the girls laughed at him ever since he was a child, and because of that he ended up being scared of them

In the end, I believe it was a pseudo-trauma he had (has?) and time (or sequels) will tell if he's still 'confused' or not
#32Doru_DinnPosted 11/28/2012 11:13:01 PM
teffy posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
ikilledkenny2 posted...
It's pretty much canon that he's bi.

He has a thing for Naoto before and after finding out her gender, and he nosebleeds for the girls at the waterfall and encourages them in the swimsuit contest. He just shows that he can also find men romantically attractive, as he initially did for Naoto.

His dungeon isn't a reflection of his true feelings, but more what he's afraid of being seen as. He's not comfortable that he finds Naoto attractive when believing she's male, along with his hobbies not being considered "manly" and his shadow is what Kanji feels others see him as because of his hobbies and ambiguous sexuality.

/topic

Except he doesn't have a "thing for Naoto" until after she is rescued from the TV and they know her true gender. Before that he's awkward around her but that's due to her treating him like a NORMAL person rather than a freak, and him assuming she has a crush on him rather than him crushing on her.

Kanji isn't gay or even bi, he's just a confused teenager, like a lot of teens growing up. And honestly, it's a lot more refreshing to me to see that plot line played honestly rather than having him just be gay/bi. And this is coming from a gay guy who wants to see more realistic gay characters.

TL;DR: Kanji's straight but confused, take it from a homo.

And that is backed by a sexually aware straight man with a crush on bruce campbell. Sexuality is fluid. Putting into boxes is mindless. His design is clearly meant to be straight.

If you saw an attractive woman butt and an attractive man butt, it wouldn't be much different, it's an attractive butt. We limit our perspectives so massively. Frankly I think there should be a yoga pants requirement for anyone with a nice enough butt. Yoga pants might be the best thing invented since the bra. They might be kind of unappealing in high school, but its a perfect tease and starts becoming relevant shockingly fast. It keeps breasts looking AMAZING.

My new point is that boobs are always relevant. Gay, bi, pan, or otherwise, respect boobs.
---
You've got to admit that there's a certain inherent epicness in the Hero running around looking like Hobo Link.
- Guruda on Dragon Quest VII
#33DarkFireDragoon9999Posted 11/28/2012 11:18:15 PM
Kanji is a refreshingly deep character who embodies the blurriness of sexuality, especially in adolescents, and resistance to be classified by broad terminology. He has a complicated sexuality and doesn't conform to the rash stereotypes that games are sometimes guilty of.

That said, my personal view is definitely not that he is simply heterosexual like the TC believes. Still, the beauty of the game is that you CAN make that argument and choose to interpret it that way because of how open the narrative is.

This is one of the many ways that Persona 4 actualizes the video game's potential to be an especially artistic medium..
#34Storm_WalkerPosted 11/28/2012 11:26:00 PM
So what if he is? Nothing wrong with that. Although it is a crime punishable by death in some third world countries :(
---
"I'm feelin' peachy keen, so f%@& you, and thanks for asking ^/.^"
#35Jarred623Posted 11/28/2012 11:27:04 PM
I love how you spoiler the post but not the topic title.
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. This status is only given out by the site admin.
#36Storm_WalkerPosted 11/28/2012 11:35:05 PM
I've taken costume design and sewing in college to improve my cosplaying, it was fun and a good way to meet girls. In fact, I prefer to make and wear clothes that aren't brand name; wearing brand name clothes pretty much turns you into a walking advertisement that WE are paying THEM to become, we're being scammed and most of us don't even know it! Sewing being considered "women's work" is an old fashioned, sexist stereotype that only holds us back, so it's cool when characters like Kanji challenge it.
---
"I'm feelin' peachy keen, so f%@& you, and thanks for asking ^/.^"
#37Subro7Posted 11/28/2012 11:37:06 PM
DarkFireDragoon9999 posted...
Kanji is a refreshingly deep character who embodies the blurriness of sexuality, especially in adolescents, and resistance to be classified by broad terminology. He has a complicated sexuality and doesn't conform to the rash stereotypes that games are sometimes guilty of.

That said, my personal view is definitely not that he is simply heterosexual like the TC believes. Still, the beauty of the game is that you CAN make that argument and choose to interpret it that way because of how open the narrative is.

This is one of the many ways that Persona 4 actualizes the video game's potential to be an especially artistic medium..

Can I hug you?
#38Ultima_LordPosted 11/28/2012 11:50:03 PM
This is late, but, had to be done:

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9874/ilikedudes2.png
---
"LEMME TELL YA A LIL' SHOMETHN' ABOUT WORK. EVERYONE'S THE KILLER,
AND I'MA SUUPER MARIO, WHOO-HOO" - Dojima, P4 Comic Dub
#39dustingallnightPosted 11/28/2012 11:57:53 PM(edited)
The idea that Kanji wasn't attracted to Naoto until after her shadow confrontation is incredibly dumb. I guess if we're taking that autismal a stance at story-tellling, he wasn't attracted to her afterward either because he never flats out tells it.

"Before I knew what I was doing, I blurted out that I wanted to see him again"

"To a guy?"

geez i wonder what this possibly means!!!!
#40blackkat101Posted 11/28/2012 11:56:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUqivXMlpcQ

I feel this is relevant =^.^=

- Kat