Kanji isn't gay.

#41Trailblazer34Posted 11/29/2012 1:06:43 AM
NeonOctopus posted...
He's bi.
#42jakerscythePosted 11/29/2012 1:50:56 AM
This again?

"We would like everyone to play through the game and come up with their own answers to that question; there is no official answer," Yu Namba, the project lead on Persona 4, said. "What matters is that Kanji's other self cries out, 'Accept me for who I am!' I think it's a powerful message which many, if not all of us can relate to."
#43singhellotakuPosted 11/29/2012 1:55:25 AM
Its never explicit, but he likely is and doesnt know it yet, thats how hes written, that or hes just very insecure in his sexuality and that manifests itself as things like the bath house and him be embarrassed at being able to sew and whatnot.
#44LinkofHyrule991Posted 11/29/2012 1:57:29 AM
rabies_neko posted...
Guys he's clearly Naotosexual.

This
He never shows interest in anyone else
The nosebleed on the camping trip is due to head trauma from Chie the previous night
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#45Super SlashPosted 11/29/2012 1:57:53 AM
HoIlywood posted...
Ummm yes he is, his dungeon was a bath house for crying out loud

And Rise's dungeon was a strip joint, I guess she's a stripper.
#46Raven236Posted 11/29/2012 1:59:33 AM
Super Slash posted...
HoIlywood posted...

if Thats the case youske and Chie would not make sence.
---
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura
#47Subro7Posted 11/29/2012 2:06:32 AM
Raven236 posted...
Super Slash posted...
HoIlywood posted...

if Thats the case youske and Chie would not make sence.

Obviously since Yosuke's an alcoholic, Chie's a prince, Yukiko's a princess, Naoto's a kid, and Mitsuo's a fetus... it all makes sense. Kanji's bath house makes total sense.
#48ZombieAkanePosted 11/29/2012 2:14:13 AM
teffy posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
ikilledkenny2 posted...
It's pretty much canon that he's bi.

He has a thing for Naoto before and after finding out her gender, and he nosebleeds for the girls at the waterfall and encourages them in the swimsuit contest. He just shows that he can also find men romantically attractive, as he initially did for Naoto.

His dungeon isn't a reflection of his true feelings, but more what he's afraid of being seen as. He's not comfortable that he finds Naoto attractive when believing she's male, along with his hobbies not being considered "manly" and his shadow is what Kanji feels others see him as because of his hobbies and ambiguous sexuality.

/topic

Except he doesn't have a "thing for Naoto" until after she is rescued from the TV and they know her true gender. Before that he's awkward around her but that's due to her treating him like a NORMAL person rather than a freak, and him assuming she has a crush on him rather than him crushing on her.

Kanji isn't gay or even bi, he's just a confused teenager, like a lot of teens growing up. And honestly, it's a lot more refreshing to me to see that plot line played honestly rather than having him just be gay/bi. And this is coming from a gay guy who wants to see more realistic gay characters.

TL;DR: Kanji's straight but confused, take it from a homo.

---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#49Chicken453Posted 11/29/2012 2:18:03 AM
As one of the rarely sited bisexual guys on these forums I can confirm from my own personal judgement he is bi.

Mainly due to him beginning to question his attraction to guy he contemplated the thought and than began to accept it the developers have stated that they wanted to leave it up to us the fans to determine kanji's sexuality.
---
Just a chicken
#50Dark GunnerPosted 11/29/2012 3:06:08 AM
DarkFireDragoon9999 posted...
Kanji is a refreshingly deep character who embodies the blurriness of sexuality, especially in adolescents, and resistance to be classified by broad terminology. He has a complicated sexuality and doesn't conform to the rash stereotypes that games are sometimes guilty of.

That said, my personal view is definitely not that he is simply heterosexual like the TC believes. Still, the beauty of the game is that you CAN make that argument and choose to interpret it that way because of how open the narrative is.

This is one of the many ways that Persona 4 actualizes the video game's potential to be an especially artistic medium..

This this and more of this. Seriously. Couldn't have said it better myself.
---
PSN: FinalOcean
Currently Playing: Demon's Souls, BlazBlue Continuum Shift (Noel)