They should've made a female MC

#1MrGazzoPosted 11/29/2012 8:16:43 AM
I know I'm not the only one who wanted this.
---
Haytham Kenway = Roger Moore
#2Alias_NemesisPosted 11/29/2012 8:19:49 AM
I'm a guy and i'm good with the sausage fest. but dating them sausages isn't for me. Unless of course, your Female MC can be bi then...

*blushes*
---
PSN = Dudecough [Now playing : AssassinsCreed3 (PC), Professor Layton:Miracle Mask (3DS) and Zero Escape:VLR & P4:G(Vita)]
#3SparNar607Posted 11/29/2012 8:20:01 AM
Coulda but didn't. whatcha gonna do?
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#4ZippyDooDaPosted 11/29/2012 8:27:34 AM
As much as I would have loved it, I think Atlus stated that they weren't able to make P3P like the PS2 version because they weren't able to do the cutscenes with the character models. So they made up for it with a FemMC since it was easy to just put in new cutscenes because they were just pictures and text.

In the case of P4G, Atlus didn't want to undertake such a serious addition of a FemMC because that would mean having to recreate and animate new cutscenes with new models for S.Links. So instead they added lots of other extras such as S. Links, the extra month with events, and the TV Listings.

P4G would have been twice the size and way more work if they added in the FemMC.
#5bladedaxePosted 11/29/2012 8:37:43 AM
It was already accommodated with the costumes you get later on. Yes, those costumes...
---
You get the option to skip the tutorial stuff, so you'll start right at the balls. - Jabodie
#6scaleofjudgmentPosted 11/29/2012 8:45:24 AM
Plus the fact that persona 3 protagonist doesn't make it. Who cares if it has a gender...
---
" Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn"
- C.S. Lewis
#7ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/29/2012 8:55:17 AM
Would have liked a femC as well. Was great in P3P.
#8SkaldskaparmalPosted 11/29/2012 9:29:27 AM
It's already been discussed to death. They would have to change a lot to make it fit. A majority of the story sequences and even s.links are based around the main character being male.
#9MoonlightJustPosted 11/29/2012 9:51:24 AM
Eh. I'd have been happier if they'd allowed the main character to use everyone else's weapons.
#10teffyPosted 11/29/2012 10:21:23 AM(edited)
Actually the reason they didn't do it is because while P3's initial concept had male and female options for the MC, P4 was built solely with a male character in mind.

If you can track down the earliest footage of Persona 3, it actually shows both the male and female main characters fighting a trio of cupids. Also interesting is it used the location the battle initiated as the battlefield, ala Breath of Fire 3. I watched it on the Atlus blog YEARS ago so it may not still be around.

Obviously the female option was scrapped in P3's initial version, they decided to integrate it into Portable.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10