Scenario: Persona 5 was a direct sequel to either this game, Arena, or Persona 3

#1thompsontalker7Posted 11/29/2012 4:57:10 PM
How would you react?

I'd be ecstatic, assuming they handle the story very carefully.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. Start:11/22/08
"you being a sad little social misfit weirdo is a fantasy of mine lol"- thedan11
#2heyitsthatguy11Posted 11/29/2012 5:01:18 PM
...I don't see how it can be a direct sequel to P3 without just being a direct sequel to P4A... Unless they pull a P2, Philemon rewrites history and tosses Mina- I mean Gettarou (YUCK!) into an alternate timeline where he finds some alternate solution to defeating Nyx...
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjf48W3Dg98
#3heyitsthatguy11Posted 11/29/2012 5:02:01 PM
Anyway, I'd love it either way
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
#4thompsontalker7(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 5:06:07 PM
Well in P4A, Elizabeth got the Wild Card so I hope my theory of her taking Mina....Gettarou's place as the Great Seal happens.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. Start:11/22/08
"you being a sad little social misfit weirdo is a fantasy of mine lol"- thedan11
#5Lelouch71Posted 11/29/2012 5:09:40 PM
P5 will be the sequel to P4A. However, I would definitely love P5 to be the sequel to IS in the sense that it's set in the same barren minus one city world. Now that has potential to be a dark game.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#6GodMWOLFPosted 11/29/2012 5:10:01 PM
I wouldn't want that at least not now.

I really just want another world&story to experience.
---
I love Persona 4
TUTURUU Oh Okarin. Psn:mwolfizcool
#7CantidoPosted 11/29/2012 5:11:23 PM
I'd like Mitsuru to give the Investigation Team the call, one by one, that they've been invited to the Totally Not a Government Front College for the Gifted.
---
Two Pyramid Heads walk into a bar.
There were no survivors.
#8heyitsthatguy11Posted 11/29/2012 5:13:53 PM(edited)
thompsontalker7 posted...
Well in P4A, Elizabeth got the Wild Card so I hope my theory of her taking Mina....Gettarou's place as the Great Seal happens.

Yeah, but then wouldn't it be moreso a P4A sequel than P3 sequel? I mean of course Mina- Gettarou is going to find Mitsuro, she's going to end up telling him P4A's events, and then it continues from there

EDIT: Look at the bolded... THAT is what happens when you try to say Mitsuru while in Mitsuo's dungeon >_>
---
#9Probit_ReturnPosted 11/29/2012 5:34:36 PM
I'd rather P5 focus on an entirely new group of Persona users, as is how they usually handle it (even Eternal Punishment had side characters take on main character spots, with the exception of Maya, meaning we were able to get to know them better), and leave the story Arena is setting up to a side game of sorts (and I don't mean Arena 2. It would be hard to believably set up another scenario where everyone has to fight each other... again). If they were to do that (and even Innocent Sin, which did something similar to P1, still had the P1 cast as side characters, with the exception of Yukino, who didn't really do anything until the very end), we'd end up with three whole teams of persona users, one of which is still unknown in just how large it is and still contains new characters including the ones from their original game. Not to say I wouldn't be excited, because I would, but it's not my personal ideal scenario. Because, while I believe Atlus could handle it (they managed to give damn near every NPC some kind of story in both 3 and 4), it's still a tall order, and I'd rather not see new characters and scenarios suffer because they have to include the past two teams involved with Arena.

With that, we can learn more about the Shadow Operatives (the new ones especially) and Labrys's life now that she's gained her persona and isn't chained down by the scientists. We can learn more about the Investigation Team, and how they've been handling things since Arena and/or maybe the Golden Epilogue (I think Arena said there was still some of Golden Week left, but it's been a while since I've played so details are fuzzy). It would also allow Elizabeth's story to continue playing out without hampering any new events.

Basically, I'm just worried that too many eggs in the pot will make things a convoluted mess as all of the plot threads get knotted together. Call me paranoid (because I am) if you must, but I'd rather see two great games over one okay, messy game. And yes, I did just smash two metaphors together.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#10UltimetalheadPosted 11/29/2012 6:51:20 PM
No way. Each new numbered entry of the series should have brand new characters, and a brand new story. I love the little nods to past games in the series, but the strongest aspect of Persona games is that you don't have to play the others to fully understand the story, and it NEEDS to be kept that way, especially since P5 is going to be the biggest/most anticipated game Atlus has ever released.
---
Uncharted 2/3: [KFC]
http://lbp.me/u/UMH1992