Scenario: Persona 5 was a direct sequel to either this game, Arena, or Persona 3

#11CantidoPosted 11/29/2012 6:58:13 PM
P3 and P4 were a handful of areas and some dungeons. The characters will make P5 what it is.
---
Two Pyramid Heads walk into a bar.
There were no survivors.
#12FScellPosted 11/29/2012 7:02:09 PM
thompsontalker7 posted...
Well in P4A, Elizabeth got the Wild Card so I hope my theory of her taking Mina....Gettarou's place as the Great Seal happens.

This would probably be the scenario in which I would completely wash my hands of the game.
---
The rain of ages plots again to wash away revelation
#13jimkagePosted 12/3/2012 1:39:51 PM
Ultimetalhead posted...
No way. Each new numbered entry of the series should have brand new characters, and a brand new story. I love the little nods to past games in the series, but the strongest aspect of Persona games is that you don't have to play the others to fully understand the story, and it NEEDS to be kept that way, especially since P5 is going to be the biggest/most anticipated game Atlus has ever released.

In the Snow Queen route from Persona 1 they mention things about shadows and the dark hour. xD
#14Strain42Posted 12/3/2012 1:45:48 PM
A direct sequel? As in one that continues off of the events from Arena?

I'd be really let down.

I can't say anything right now that wouldn't just be repeating myself, but I'd really prefer it if Atlus let P5 be its own thing and just made another title to expand on the cliffhangers of P4A. (I honestly don't get why more people don't want this. This way we get 2 games instead of 1)

I don't want to have spent five years of waiting with no information to go on just to have Hashino reveal the same characters, persona and story that we're already familiar with for P5.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#15Lord_KagatoPosted 12/3/2012 2:00:26 PM
Wow. I didn't know so many people disliked the P3/P4 cast this much to never want to see them again.
---
Watch my LPs and UMvC3's Courtroom Drama! - http://tinyurl.com/bo7nxnx
Current LPs: Majora's Mask, Fatal Frame 2, Megaman Legends 2
#16heyitsthatguy11Posted 12/3/2012 2:03:25 PM
Lord_Kagato posted...
Wow. I didn't know so many people disliked the P3/P4 cast this much to never want to see them again.

It's possible to dislike P4's cast?
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjf48W3Dg98
#17Strain42Posted 12/3/2012 2:09:01 PM(edited)
Imagine if people had treated the P1 cast the same way people treat the P4 cast? If you never let go of old characters to let new ones move in, we'd never get anywhere. We wouldn't even have Yosuke if they hadn't decided to let Mark step aside. (admittedly maybe P1 isn't the best example since they were involved in P2 a fair share, but you get my point)

To use a slightly better example, what if the P3 gang has just continued their stuff into P4? Then we wouldn't have any of these characters.

Just because you don't want to keep seeing them get all the attention, doesn't mean you hate them.

I've seen the P4 gang interact, I like them, they're fun. But they need to give it a rest. I want to meet new Persona users and get a chance to know them instead when P5 comes around.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#18Archwing3441Posted 12/3/2012 2:09:21 PM
I think it would be cool if it was in the same universe and they make cameos and what not, but I prefer it if it was an entirely new cast. On that note though, I think it would be pretty cool to fight the persona characters in a game that isn't Arena as like a secret boss or a new game + only boss. Can you imagine how hard the boss battle would be against Yu, Yosuke, Yukiko, and Chei would be? They could even make it more absurd by having Yu use multiple personas. Granted, it would be hard to make it canon but I just thought it would be a cool battle.
---
Nintendo? PlayStation? no...
http://mangafox.me/manga/mel_kano/v03/c016/27.html
#19VakuPosted 12/3/2012 2:22:20 PM
I think both sides of the argument are right and wrong (except those expecting Minato to return, I really doubt that at this point).

Everyone does want to see a continuation of the events from P4A, I think that's clear. There is so much more that we can explore there, but I agree I'd rather host a whole new cast of characters for P5.

The scenario I imagine for P5 Warning! Spoilers for P3/P4/P4A
We have a whole new cast of characters, one of which who is the wild card, that either get their personas for the explicit purpose of fighting shadows (ie. they are Shadow Operatives, at least in training) or who are somehow granted the power of persona by the villain from P4A (there has been no evidence that he could do that, but perhaps he has somehow gained the power in the future). Much of the cast from P3/P4 would return, but only as side characters who interact or work with the new cast, but not as main characters. Exception!Labrys would be an exception to this, as it feels most likely that she was added into P4A for the sole purpose of allowing her to exist in P5 as an Anti-Shadow unit that didn't need to develop a personality like Aigis. She would be a party member and a social link.

The entire P4 cast may not return, even though P4A made it seem like all of them wanted to pursue this, only MC, Yosuke, and Chie really seemed to lack the direction that would allow them to pursue this. Teddie may also return, because the camera loves him.

Obviously, until we hear anything official, its impossible to say, but that's how the story is headed from where I see it.
---
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. The only future peace has to offer is war.
#20guedesbrawlPosted 12/3/2012 2:29:38 PM
as long as it's available in a platform i can play with,namely nintendo's or pc....i had to borrow other consoles to play p3p,p4a,and p4
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6