Just Checking Margaret Reference (Inevitable Spoilers)

#1WolfeyesVIIIPosted 11/30/2012 11:13:27 PM(edited)
I haven't been able to get my copy of Golden yet but I heard from someone apparently they changed Margaret's reference from her "sister" and trying to save a "boy" to gender neutral stuff, possibly to account for Theo/Mshe veruse stuff. Is that true?
---
I'm a GIRL damn it!
Currently playing: Persona 2: EP (PSX)
#2kratoscar2008Posted 11/30/2012 11:15:11 PM
WolfeyesVIII posted...
I haven't been able to get my copy of Golden yet but I heard from someone apparently they changed Margaret's reference from her "sister" and trying to save a "boy" to gender neutral stuff. Is that true?

Some Japanese speakers had told me that is the case (If you look at Elizabeth flashback she uses person too instead of boy) and since normally those things are changed in translation im pretty sure that now P3MC gender is ambiguous.
#3Strain42Posted 11/30/2012 11:15:49 PM
I think she still mentions Elizabeth ('cause that doesn't contradict anything, FeMC could still have Elizabeth) but yeah. I heard the same thing. Have not checked myself yet though.

I do wonder what Theo is actually up to though.

I like to pretend that when Elizabeth left on her big quest, Igor sent Theo to chase her down. So Elizabeth is roaming all over space...with Theo always one step behind :P

Imagine him trying to make heads or tails of the aftermath of P4A...
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#4SmashStrikePosted 11/30/2012 11:21:23 PM(edited)
I've seen the exact thing you're talking about discussed before. To me, it really matter if it's true or not since in P4A you see P3MC in the credits of Liz' story mode. So yeah.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#5Strain42Posted 11/30/2012 11:34:30 PM
Smash, I just double checked it, and I don't think you ever get to see it well enough to see if it's actually him or not.

But while double checking that I realized that even though when Elizabeth is telling Margaret the story of the "person" once she's back by herself she is still saying stuff like "He must've felt that hunger as well. That is why he tried to protect his bonds with his life. Leading him to the universe"

So even if they did change it. We still have The Answer and Arena pointing towards the MC as canon. Yes I know it's mostly through pronouns that could be easily changed and worked around, but still.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/