the voice acting, I can't take the American accents :(

#101Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/2/2012 5:26:55 PM
SparNar607 posted...
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
And for the record, the Japanese voice actors DESTROY the English language when they choose to use English words in their dialog just as much as Americans destroy theirs. I don't see you having an issue with that, huh? Sounds like a double standard to me.

Is reminded of when Showtaro Morikubo says "nice-adlib" in P4:tA

EVERY DAY YOUNGLIFE JUNESU!

Is reminded of every Japanese anime subbed where the characters attempt English words and can't pronounce certain letters AT ALL, let alone incorrectly.

Also, the freaking themes for P4 are in English, and the Japanese chick singing it is pronouncing words incorrectly.

Why is it okay for Japanese voice actors to half ass their uses of English words but people get all up in arms when an English dub pronounces "senpai" wrong? It sounds to me that whole argument is just an excuse for there really being no reason at all other then it's what you were used to.
#102Doru_DinnPosted 12/2/2012 5:33:25 PM
Chicken453 posted...
Wow I can see i'm not welcome here. First topic in and this happens, just stated my opinion and you all jump down my throat like i'm not allowed and i should know better to think such things.

When i mentioned that i didn't like the voices i was talking about the accents, not that the voices are in English, but rather it was their horrible accents, like i said I'm not American and to my ears hearing them speak in such a way is something i don't particularly like.

This topic has just reminded me why I don't come to gamefaqs, why are you all so bitter?

For the person saying there were no words pronounced incorrectly, Ichijou Kou, is pronounced, Ichiju kou. That's just one example.

To be fair, calling most of our accents horrible is racist. Not that I really care. That's a (borderline) understandable degree of racism. I'd be appalled if anyone I'm close to did/said anything like that, though.
---
You've got to admit that there's a certain inherent epicness in the Hero running around looking like Hobo Link.
- Guruda on Dragon Quest VII
#103Chicken453(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 5:34:34 PM
Chicken453 posted...
Wow I can see i'm not welcome here. First topic in and this happens, just stated my opinion and you all jump down my throat like i'm not allowed and i should know better to think such things.

When i mentioned that i didn't like the voices i was talking about the accents, not that the voices are in English, but rather it was their horrible accents, like i said I'm not American and to my ears hearing them speak in such a way is something i don't particularly like.

This topic has just reminded me why I don't come to gamefaqs, why are you all so bitter?

For the person saying there were no words pronounced incorrectly, Ichijou Kou, is pronounced, Ichiju kou. That's just one example.

If you didn't want people to disagree with you, why create the topic in a place MADE for opinions and discussion (not, "oh only people who agree with me can respond").

Your logic is flawed, you were looking for attention, and next time don't do it if you can't handle what a forum is made to be by definition.

What? I don't have a problem wit people disagreeing with me. I have a problem with people insulting, throwing comments and being disrespectful to me .

Please I haven't stated that I have problems with peoples opinions, I only have a problem when they push their opinion as fact, ok? Seriously.
---
Just a chicken
#104Chicken453(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 5:37:45 PM(edited)
Doru_Dinn posted...
Chicken453 posted...

To be fair, calling most of our accents horrible is racist. Not that I really care. That's a (borderline) understandable degree of racism. I'd be appalled if anyone I'm close to did/said anything like that, though.

America is a race now? Think your looking for the word prejudice. I've not stated I hate ALL american accents have I, no, learn to read. Teddie's, Chie's and Dojima's I like.

The stupidity here is getting out of hand. I'm getting called racist for not liking a certain accent on a video game character.
---
Just a chicken
#105DragonSamuraiPosted 12/2/2012 5:38:05 PM
warcueid posted...
probably deep inside your conscience you know the original should stay
as we can read it prety well and all people would be happy by now.

I wonder what magical fantasy world you live in to presume such childish notions about someone you don't know a thing about.
---
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)
#106Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/2/2012 5:48:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#107ArmedDragoonPosted 12/2/2012 5:51:19 PM
warcueid posted...
DragonSamurai posted...
warcueid posted...
Do like me and import the game,

do agree how the dub kills the characters feeling in it
so your only choice is importing it.

Again this an rpg for mature audience who can read text prety well in that big oled screen,
dont see the point in dubing these rpgs.

Oh god, not you again.

Why not? ah forgot i cant talk anything about the dub
or people who bought it will feel ofended i gess...

probably deep inside your conscience you know the original should stay
as we can read it prety well and all people would be happy by now.

Part of me wishes that all RPGs would go back to having no voices so I would never have to hear from your kind ever again.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#108Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/2/2012 5:51:47 PM
Chicken453 posted...
Chicken453 posted...

If you didn't want people to disagree with you, why create the topic in a place MADE for opinions and discussion (not, "oh only people who agree with me can respond").

Your logic is flawed, you were looking for attention, and next time don't do it if you can't handle what a forum is made to be by definition.

What? I don't have a problem wit people disagreeing with me. I have a problem with people insulting, throwing comments and being disrespectful to me .

Please I haven't stated that I have problems with peoples opinions, I only have a problem when they push their opinion as fact, ok? Seriously.

Okay then, what about when the Japanese butcher other languages? It's highly contradictory (or possibly even prejudiced) to find American accents when saying Japanese words not withstanding, but are perfectly fine when they do the same to English.

You might be stating your opinion, maybe you're even tolerant of others', but your reasoning is flawed and includes a tremendous double standard. If you don't like English accents when pronouncing words from other languages then you should at least be universal about it, or else there is an extreme bias there.

I.e. It should upset you when a Japanese voice actor pronounces an English word incorrectly since your argument is on the ill accented pronunciations of words. And this happens all the time in Japanese anime when they use English words.

Ever heard them pronounce English words? It's atrocious most of the time (not all).
#109Doru_DinnPosted 12/2/2012 5:53:26 PM
Chicken453 posted...
Doru_Dinn posted...
Chicken453 posted...

America is a race now? Think your looking for the word prejudice. I've not stated I hate ALL american accents have I, no, learn to read. Teddie's, Chie's and Dojima's I like.

The stupidity here is getting out of hand. I'm getting called racist for not liking a certain accent on a video game character.

You referred to (at least one) as a horrible accent, and by definition race can be any people united by common history,language,cultural traits,etc.

Racism is defined by any different treatment of people of a specific race. As I said, it's insignificant, and I have no problems with it, even to some degree understand it. It's still technically racist. I don't think anyone cares, though. Are you so offended by facts? XD
---
You've got to admit that there's a certain inherent epicness in the Hero running around looking like Hobo Link.
- Guruda on Dragon Quest VII
#110Itachi157Posted 12/2/2012 5:54:35 PM
lol watching the anime first
---
Sometimes I like posting in all caps.