the voice acting, I can't take the American accents :(

#111ImASadPandaPosted 12/2/2012 5:54:36 PM
warcueid posted...
Already got used to it myself, thats one way to grow up
to have patience with low temper people.

Warcueid!

How's that imported P4G? Enjoying all the new scenes you don't understand? LMAO.

But seriously, how you likin' it? Did you atleast come to understand what the new scenes are about?
#112ArmedDragoonPosted 12/2/2012 5:57:20 PM
Doru_Dinn posted...
Chicken453 posted...
Doru_Dinn posted...
Chicken453 posted...
Wow I can see i'm not welcome here. First topic in and this happens, just stated my opinion and you all jump down my throat like i'm not allowed and i should know better to think such things.

When i mentioned that i didn't like the voices i was talking about the accents, not that the voices are in English, but rather it was their horrible accents, like i said I'm not American and to my ears hearing them speak in such a way is something i don't particularly like.

This topic has just reminded me why I don't come to gamefaqs, why are you all so bitter?

For the person saying there were no words pronounced incorrectly, Ichijou Kou, is pronounced, Ichiju kou. That's just one example.

To be fair, calling most of our accents horrible is racist. Not that I really care. That's a (borderline) understandable degree of racism. I'd be appalled if anyone I'm close to did/said anything like that, though.

America is a race now? Think your looking for the word prejudice. I've not stated I hate ALL american accents have I, no, learn to read. Teddie's, Chie's and Dojima's I like.

The stupidity here is getting out of hand. I'm getting called racist for not liking a certain accent on a video game character.

You referred to (at least one) as a horrible accent, and by definition race can be any people united by common history,language,cultural traits,etc.

Racism is defined by any different treatment of people of a specific race. As I said, it's insignificant, and I have no problems with it, even to some degree understand it. It's still technically racist. I don't think anyone cares, though. Are you so offended by facts? XD

Don't be one of "those" people, please. Finding certain accents annoying is not racist.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#113Itachi157Posted 12/2/2012 6:01:30 PM(edited)
So now taking 4 years of Japanese and not being fluent=knowing Japanese?

Damn, I know tons of languages then.
---
Sometimes I like posting in all caps.
#114WrenchNinjaPosted 12/2/2012 6:02:24 PM
I first got into the persona 4 story by watching the anime

Get out.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibb54oFODduJvk.gif
http://i.imgur.com/CkHC5.gif
#115ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/2/2012 6:03:54 PM
I couldn't take the British accents in Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower.
#116ArmedDragoonPosted 12/2/2012 6:06:40 PM(edited)
ScreamingMidget posted...
I couldn't take the British accents in Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

Looks like someone wasn't up for Reyn Time.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#117Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/2/2012 6:07:08 PM
I can say without a doubt it is not racist. It is however biased.

He seems perfectly fine with the Japanese dub of the anime/game, which pronounces certain English words incorrectly, but does not like the English dub because it pronounces certain Japanese words incorrectly. Does NO one see the flaw, double standard, or bias in this logic?
#118LittleBraverPosted 12/2/2012 6:09:54 PM
I don't blame this person who posted this topic. Normally if you watch the Anime first, of course you going to like the JP voice over the NA. For me I do prefer the JP voice but at the same time NA voice is not that bad that you can't play through it. Suck it up people, study Japanese like I am and buy yourself the JP version.
#119drafterowarPosted 12/2/2012 6:11:55 PM
I've come to a conclusion: TC is a big weaboo!
---
"Are you AC or.....DC?"
#120DragonSamuraiPosted 12/2/2012 6:13:11 PM
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
I can say without a doubt it is not racist. It is however biased.

He seems perfectly fine with the Japanese dub of the anime/game, which pronounces certain English words incorrectly, but does not like the English dub because it pronounces certain Japanese words incorrectly. Does NO one see the flaw, double standard, or bias in this logic?

Classic sub purist logic.

If Japanese actors attempt English, it's "We can't fault them, it's not their language. Let's give them a hand for trying though."

If English actors attempt Japanese, it's "OMG, WTF are you doing messing up such a beautiful and sacred language!? GTFO and die!"
---
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)