the voice acting, I can't take the American accents :(

#21RikkettikPosted 12/2/2012 12:18:36 PM
I do think that Yukiko sounds a bit "off" and Teddie's voice is just grating at times, but the others are great, especially Kanji and Yosuke. Kanji because Troy Baker's voice just fits him so well (and kudos for his Shadow Kanji voice) and Yosuke because of the emotion Yuri Lowenthal puts in it in some scenes.
#22ArmedDragoonPosted 12/2/2012 12:19:12 PM
Teddie's Japanese voice causes terminal cancer.

My hate for it is almost palpable.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#23falugalobPosted 12/2/2012 12:20:01 PM
Woah, wait you're saying that chie is OK? She'd be at the top of my list for deliveries so awkward that I have to replay them to laugh at them.

I have yet to hear a word pronounced wrong, and even the japanese terms spoken are perfectly acceptable. This coming from a guy who has taken 5 semesters worth of japanese classes.

Also, "pronounciate" is not actually a word.
---
PSN:Falugalob
#24kratoscar2008Posted 12/2/2012 12:22:58 PM
Just answer this TC: Do you know JP? If you know okay its fine.

If you dont then your opinion is flawed and you are simply a Troll.

wich one?

Between the anime is garbage compared to the actual game, its not an opinion, its a fact that animes based on games are the worse of the bunch (Like the Sister Princess Anime....)
#25termina_rzidentPosted 12/2/2012 12:24:08 PM
If you gave every character drastically different accents, vocal ranges and speech patterns it would be the most jarringly inconsistent voice acting to ever exist within a single story.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qHxe7.jpg
#26BadAssBanchoPosted 12/2/2012 12:24:56 PM
Chicken453 posted...

Nanako doesn't sound like a child more like an adult pretending to be a child which is bad voice acting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrP3ciDil20
---
The wheel of fate is turning
#27Chicken453(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 12:28:37 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...

wich one?

Between the anime is garbage compared to the actual game, its not an opinion, its a fact that animes based on games are the worse of the bunch (Like the Sister Princess Anime....)

Yes I speak Japanese aswell as Portuguese, and again your opinion is not fact there are aspects of the anime that I feel I enjoyed more watching the anime than playing the game. And what how would that make me a troll actually dont answer that I dont want to be talking to someone who brands anyone with a different opinion a troll.
---
Just a chicken
#28kratoscar2008Posted 12/2/2012 12:33:02 PM
Chicken453 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...

wich one?

Yes I speak Japanese aswell as Portuguese, and again your opinion is not fact there are aspects of the anime that I feel I enjoyed more watching the anime than playing the game. And what how would that make me a troll actually dont answer that I dont want to be talking to someone who brands anyone with a different opinion a troll.

If you have been here for as much as me then you will know that bashing the English track is the easiest way to Troll here (Almost like coming with a Vita is flopping topic on the Vita section).

Good you know JP then i accept your opinion and since you watched the anime first no wonder you think the anime is superior but since we who played the game before will acnowldege the poor justice the anime do to the characters.
#29Haru_HaruhiPosted 12/2/2012 12:36:15 PM
Chicken453 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...

wich one?

Well, according to your post here, http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64667442
you know enough Japanese to understand segments of a spoken sentence. That isn't really proficient enough to really judge a seiyuu's acting ability, more just how their voice sounds. Sooo yeah, you're not quite there yet.
---
Brigade
If you are not with us, you are either an enemy or a client!
#30MoonlightJustPosted 12/2/2012 12:45:34 PM
Chicken453 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...

wich one?

Heh, here's the problem. You're sort of passing off your 'opinion' as 'fact'. It's great that you don't like it. Bully for you. But you're 'experience' with the voice acting went in reverse order from most of us, the playerbase. Which is fine. But don't come here complaining just to start a fight. That parts not fine. You can display your opinion everywhere, but don't expect everyone to heartily pat you upon the back and say "Good show lad, totally agree!" Cause it ain't happening. You don't like it. Most other people do. End of story. Move along.