the voice acting, I can't take the American accents :(

#31ArmedDragoonPosted 12/2/2012 12:47:58 PM
I'll just address the topic for real, real quick.

Like they pur no effort into differentiate the characters.

That's funny, I always thought that way about Japanese voice acting. If you don't hear languages often enough to hear the nuances, it all sounds the same.

Also they pronounciate words wrong.

No, they don't. What are you talking about?

Yukiko sounds no where as innocent or vulnerable as in the anime

People in the western world don't care about this. Capable women appeal to us more.

Nanako doesn't sound like a child more like an adult pretending to be a child which is bad voice acting

That's how the majority of children in anime and cartoons are voiced. I can only count a couple of instances where child characters were voiced by children and it didn't sound awful.

Teddie is probably the only voice I like just wish he said kuma~~ or something not that horrible rawwr

I already mentioned Teddie but I feel like I have to once again state how awful his Japanese voice is. I'm completely unable to listen to the Japanese track of this game as that would mean I'd have to listen to Japanese Teddie and Rise. If I wanted to drive rusty nails into my ears, it's a short drive to my nearest Home Depot.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#32Zell1226Posted 12/2/2012 12:50:13 PM
"Your language sucks"
"No yours does"

More news at 11. Please stop with these topics. Don't like the voice acting? Do it yourself.
---
www.youtube.com/user/ZellDincht1226 - Gameplay videos!
www.twitch.tv/zelldincht1226 - Live Streams! Almost every day! Please follow!
#33Minatokun13Posted 12/2/2012 1:01:17 PM
Chicken453 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
Just answer this TC: Do you know JP? If you know okay its fine.

If you dont then your opinion is flawed and you are simply a Troll.

wich one?

Between the anime is garbage compared to the actual game, its not an opinion, its a fact that animes based on games are the worse of the bunch (Like the Sister Princess Anime....)

Yes I speak Japanese aswell as Portuguese, and again your opinion is not fact there are aspects of the anime that I feel I enjoyed more watching the anime than playing the game. And what how would that make me a troll actually dont answer that I dont want to be talking to someone who brands anyone with a different opinion a troll.

Based on previous posts in other topics, no the heck you don't.

And you're a troll because you keep presenting your [IMO bad] opinion as fact, and portraying yourself as an expert somehow.

The only voices I'd say are undeniably better in Japanese are Nanako and Naoto. Teddie's is better in English. Everyone else (except maybe Chie) is about as good in both languages. That's just my opinion, but it's probably more accurate than yours...
#34SparNar607Posted 12/2/2012 1:02:25 PM
Zell1226 posted...
"Your language sucks"
"No yours does"

More news at 11. Please stop with these topics. Don't like the voice acting? Do it yourself.

Though I disagree with the TC's opinion on the voice acting, saying you can't dislike something if you haven't done it yourself is silly.

Haven't created a video game? Don't point out the flaws.
You don't write books? You can't verbalize your opinon.
Not a Politician? STFU about politics.
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#35kewldude475Posted 12/2/2012 1:04:29 PM
I like pretty much every voice, but to each his own.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#36Zell1226Posted 12/2/2012 1:10:02 PM
SparNar607 posted...
Though I disagree with the TC's opinion on the voice acting, saying you can't dislike something if you haven't done it yourself is silly.

That's not exactly the kind of argument I was going for. If he doesn't like it in English, he can speak the dialogue to himself in Japanese, or import, which he probably should have done considering the Vita is region free.

The main problem when people complain about the English version, is that the Japanese version is easily available. Nobody wants to hear the stupid argument on which language is better, because it's been done a million times.
---
www.youtube.com/user/ZellDincht1226 - Gameplay videos!
www.twitch.tv/zelldincht1226 - Live Streams! Almost every day! Please follow!
#37SparNar607Posted 12/2/2012 1:16:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#38ShybaasonPosted 12/2/2012 1:17:46 PM
#39Zell1226Posted 12/2/2012 1:25:45 PM
#40HoIlywoodPosted 12/2/2012 1:26:47 PM
Great another Japanophile topic about voices from another dumb weaboo
---
PSN: Ahkiva