the voice acting, I can't take the American accents :(

#71BIGFELLAH26Posted 12/2/2012 3:37:26 PM
Chicken453 posted...
Strain42 posted...
TC, I have read your post, and while I disagree with almost everything you just said, I respect that your opinion is different from mine, and I am thankful you did not try to present "The Japanese voices are better." as some sort of fact, and have been quite clear that this is just your opinion.

Thank you, and I hope you have a nice day.

Seriously guys, is that so hard?

I get tired of these topics too, but this isn't even one of the super bad ones. There's no need to set off this powder keg...any more than we already have.

Thank you, gamefaqs needs more decent human being like yourself. From this experience I now know why this website is full of actual "trolls" who just constantly spam these boards, the people here deserve it.

And you deserve to be mocked and trashed. You're a hypocrite in everything you say. You cry that people don't agree with your opinion so you say that people deserve to be trolled. As I've said you deserve everything coming your way. I hope you enjoy it. You certainly live up to your name.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.
#72ArmedDragoonPosted 12/2/2012 3:39:25 PM
Minatokun13 posted...
Strain42 posted...
TC, I have read your post, and while I disagree with almost everything you just said, I respect that your opinion is different from mine, and I am thankful you did not try to present "The Japanese voices are better." as some sort of fact, and have been quite clear that this is just your opinion.

Thank you, and I hope you have a nice day.

Seriously guys, is that so hard?

I get tired of these topics too, but this isn't even one of the super bad ones. There's no need to set off this powder keg...any more than we already have.

Reread the first post. He did try and present it as some sort of fact. And just because someone says "This is my opinion," it doesn't change the rest of the post sounding like presenting of fact, anymore than saying "I'm not racist but..." right before something racist somehow makes it not racist.

Not only that, but some of the stuff in the OP is objectively false. I'm still waiting on which words the dub has pronounced incorrectly.

I appreciate Strain trying to be devil's advocate, but not for this. You don't present an already controversial topic in this way.
---
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board.
Official Dart of the PASBR board.
#73Subro7Posted 12/2/2012 3:43:15 PM
The anime does not equal the game. There are differences, and not just voice-wise.

Note that the game came out before the anime as well.

Honestly, I have no qualms about it.
#74CBratePosted 12/2/2012 3:43:22 PM
Zell1226 posted...
"Your language sucks"
"No yours does"

More news at 11. Please stop with these topics. Don't like the voice acting? Do it yourself.

Though I disagree with the TC's opinion on the voice acting, saying you can't dislike something if you haven't done it yourself is silly.

Haven't created a video game? Don't point out the flaws.
You don't write books? You can't verbalize your opinon.
Not a Politician? STFU about politics.

Exactly. I don't need to be a chef to know undercooked chicken is going to cause salmonella poisoning.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
#75CBratePosted 12/2/2012 3:44:34 PM
so you prefer british accents? i.e. FF 12, Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles?

YES! If nothing else, just this.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
#76DarkFistsPosted 12/2/2012 3:46:28 PM
SharmHedgehog posted...
JRaasin posted...
Chie's the only one that really bothered me. She sounds Canadian. The rest are pretty good, but Kanji's great. Love Troy Baker.

Erin Fitzgerald is Canadian.

I was waiting for this. Yeah...I'm pretty sure that one of the other VAs are Canadian too. But seriously, how do you sound "Canadian"? They sound similar to us, unless they come from say...Quebec
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#77TohruAdachiPosted 12/2/2012 3:48:46 PM
The reason why you like the anime cast better is because I doubt you fully played the game yet. They ruined practically every character other than Kanji
#78SparNar607Posted 12/2/2012 3:50:31 PM
ArmedDragoon posted...

I'm still waiting on which words the dub has pronounced incorrectly.

Inaba
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#79FScellPosted 12/2/2012 3:52:55 PM
There is quite a lot of mispronunciation.

Blame that more on the voice direction though, I would say.
---
The rain of ages plots again to wash away revelation
#80dart1250Posted 12/2/2012 3:53:59 PM
TC Import the game in Japanese and thanks for support the English version. :)
---
PSN ID: dart2087
Dom. Rep. JRPG FAN!!