the voice acting, I can't take the American accents :(

#81Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/2/2012 3:54:32 PM
The voice argument is moot. Whatever you were subject to first will be your preference 90% of the time. The voice acting itself in the Dub is very well done. Some marks are missed, but this is typical of any voice acted video game or animation (as you can't see the character's expressions when recording).

I just don't understand why people can't prefer one, but then at least give credit where credit is due to the other.
#82Masemune_100Posted 12/2/2012 3:56:40 PM
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
The voice argument is moot. Whatever you were subject to first will be your preference 90% of the time. The voice acting itself in the Dub is very well done. Some marks are missed, but this is typical of any voice acted video game or animation (as you can't see the character's expressions when recording).

I just don't understand why people can't prefer one, but then at least give credit where credit is due to the other.

Intelligent people can. It's idiots who sit and argue about it for thirty minutes.
---
Rule #1 of Resident Evil: Don't catch the sunglasses.
GT - Judgement Blade
#83Chaos StrykerPosted 12/2/2012 4:02:32 PM(edited)
Chicken453 posted...
I first got into the persona 4 story by watching the anime I loves the voices for the characters. Now not being American all the mail voices of the characters sound exactly the same and just weak.

Like they pur no effort into differentiate the characters. Also they pronounciate words wrong.

Yousuke sounds too average.
Yukiko sounds no where as innocent or vulnerable as in the anime
Chie is ok I guess
Dojima sounds ok
Nanako doesn't sound like a child more like an adult pretending to be a child which is bad voice acting
Kanji again sounds too average
Teddie is probably the only voice I like just wish he said kuma~~ or something not that horrible rawwr

Love the game hate the voice acting byt? I'm grateful for atlus's effort in bringing this over!

Funny, the first few sentence are the reason why I can't watch subs for anime. I can NEVER tell the VA's apart.
---
Don't believe in yourself, believe in me! Believe in the Chaos who believes in you!
Please don't say you are lazy. The fact is, I'm really crazy.
#84Super SlashPosted 12/2/2012 4:11:06 PM
As far as Nanako goes, you are aware that a majority of children characters are voiced by adults right TC?
#85FScellPosted 12/2/2012 4:13:07 PM
Super Slash posted...
As far as Nanako goes, you are aware that a majority of children characters are voiced by adults right TC?

And the ones that aren't are usually teeeerriible.
---
The rain of ages plots again to wash away revelation
#86FScellPosted 12/2/2012 4:13:14 PM
Super Slash posted...

And the ones that aren't are usually teeeerriible.
---
The rain of ages plots again to wash away revelation
#87NimaNima777Posted 12/2/2012 4:15:06 PM
This topic is too average.
---
"Lighthouses are more useful than churches"
- Benjamin Franklin
#88thisranksPosted 12/2/2012 4:20:02 PM
Chicken453 posted...
Haru_Haruhi posted...
Uh oh, another one of these topics.

One of these topics?

A topic where someone expresses their opinion? Is that not allowed?

Thing is opinion usually equals fact to quite a few of the posters here, and that's where the problems start. This is actually a perfect topic showing someone using a personal opinion and making it a public deal by placing the blame on something else. Happens quite often on Gamefaqs. The regionally challenged are quite adept at it, especially when it comes regional VA.

I'm pretty sure the TC knew what he/she was getting beforehand, and if he/she didn't bother to check the VA beforehand then he/she is doubly at fault. You only have yourself to blame. Of course, this is where anonymity has it's pluses..right TC?

Another troll topic is what this really is...
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#89DragonSamuraiPosted 12/2/2012 4:22:46 PM
warcueid posted...
Do like me and import the game,

do agree how the dub kills the characters feeling in it
so your only choice is importing it.

Again this an rpg for mature audience who can read text prety well in that big oled screen,
dont see the point in dubing these rpgs.

Oh god, not you again.
---
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)
#90SkaldskaparmalPosted 12/2/2012 4:33:11 PM
Chicken453 posted...
A topic where someone expresses their opinion? Is that not allowed?

Pointless flamebait topics shouldn't be allowed, yeah.