What did you name your MC?

#11RikkettikPosted 12/3/2012 9:15:26 PM
Souji Seta. Next playthrough will be Eiji Narukami, with Eiji being a shout out to Devil Survivor's Gin, who I to think is awesome.
#12theedizzyonePosted 12/3/2012 9:16:48 PM
Triff Tishingo.
#13king_zetta(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:17:27 PM
Rikkettik posted...
Souji Seta. Next playthrough will be Eiji Narukami, with Eiji being a shout out to Devil Survivor's Gin, who I to think is awesome.

Then wouldn't be gin?
#14Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/3/2012 9:18:33 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
I used my user name, i bet most people here werent creative and used Yu Narukami.

Or we just felt like using his "real" name so that when the text refers to it, it doesn't seem awkward.

And the whole "manga name is his TRUE name" argument is moot. They are two different universes, two different canons. P4A used "Yu Narukami" so that is his official canon name for the video game universe.

BUT he is nameless here, if it were default then okay but here is just invalid. And i bet most people use it is because of the anime.

He is not nameless, it is a game mechanic not meant to be taken as "canon" and just used for customization and fan service. I suppose some people think that in the P4 game universe they actually agree to take turns in battle with shadows. Smh.

The same goes for the bike follow up attacks everyone seems to have a problem with. It is there for amusement purposes, not necessarily to actually be a part of the canon plot, so there is no need to explain "how they could possibly get the bikes in the T.V." when it was never meant to be taken seriously as far as plot in the first place.
#15Strain42Posted 12/3/2012 9:21:53 PM
And i bet most people use it is because of the anime.

Just for clarity, I have never watched the anime.

I used it because that's his name in Arena, which P4G even references.

And yes, I know your whole thing with the amala network and that I could name him AssPunch McKick and now suddenly there is a version of Arena where that's his name, but forgive me if I want the two Persona 4 games I play to share a continuity.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#16RikkettikPosted 12/3/2012 9:27:20 PM
king_zetta posted...
Rikkettik posted...

Then wouldn't be gin?

I considered it, but "Gin-kun" sounds a bit weird and I'm just not a fan of naming a character literally after another character. So Eiji it is.

Oh and for the love of god, can't there be one thread about MC's name that doesn't end up in a discussion about the canonnity (is that a word?) of Yu Narukami?
#17kratoscar2008Posted 12/3/2012 9:28:12 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
I used my user name, i bet most people here werent creative and used Yu Narukami.

Or we just felt like using his "real" name so that when the text refers to it, it doesn't seem awkward.

And the whole "manga name is his TRUE name" argument is moot. They are two different universes, two different canons. P4A used "Yu Narukami" so that is his official canon name for the video game universe.

BUT he is nameless here, if it were default then okay but here is just invalid. And i bet most people use it is because of the anime.

He is not nameless, it is a game mechanic not meant to be taken as "canon" and just used for customization and fan service. I suppose some people think that in the P4 game universe they actually agree to take turns in battle with shadows. Smh.

The same goes for the bike follow up attacks everyone seems to have a problem with. It is there for amusement purposes, not necessarily to actually be a part of the canon plot, so there is no need to explain "how they could possibly get the bikes in the T.V." when it was never meant to be taken seriously as far as plot in the first place.

Yeah so they spend all of their freaking time making this awesome game and decide to not use a default name. There hasnt been literally no Yu Narukami version of P4, even if you put that name there, do you really play as Yu Narukami? Do you choose everything according to how he would act? Did you let all SL in friend route like P4Arena imply it? Nope, there is basically no reason to use the Yu Narukami name appart from lack of creativity. I bet a lot of your playtroughts during Golden where you used Yu Narukami contradict Arena, so dont come with is his canon name people like to use it if you too DONT play as canon dictates.

Funnily enough people use his canon name but they dont make canon playtrought.
#18KartaiPosted 12/3/2012 11:29:27 PM
Wasn't there a topic like this?

anyhow I didn't name him Yu or Souji and I'm already on newgame+ wow this game is fun
#19xsniper90xPosted 12/3/2012 11:32:44 PM
ar2cool posted...
Yu Amagi. Incest is WINCEST!!!

f___ing win!!
---
TO ALL MODS ON GAMEFAQS!! QUIT THIS STUPID CRAP ABOUT ME FLAMING OR CENSOR BYPASSING. ITS GETTING OLD AND YOU ALL NEED TO GROW UP.
#20chaosticsoulPosted 12/3/2012 11:59:43 PM
I named him Kazuki Fantom.
I put way too much thought into naming him, but I can't remember why I decided on that name now. I know Fantom came from my current love of Black Butler, but as for the first name ^^; It's completely slipped my mind.
---
And Much of Madness::And More of Sin
And Horror the Soul of the Plot