Is this how?

#1AdventSakriphysPosted 12/5/2012 7:20:04 AM
I'm fairly new to the Persona series with P3P being my first experience with the games. I've only went a little further than the first full moon event before starting P4G. With P3P, I had no clue on how to fuse or spend the majority of time to ensure a proper build in terms of stats and what not... and now with P4G I find myself in the same predicament. But now... I don't care!! I'm having a lot of fun with all the S.link events and the different fusing options that become available.

I've read countless posts that insist on just enjoying the overall experience when playing for the first time, but should I at least be a little worried about how I should develop my stats and how to fuse (skill distribution) in particular? I just don't want to feel that I've made the wrong choices when faced with a harder boss in the future that I can't beat because of my lack of important skills or stats.
---
3DS FC: 2363-5720-7526 || PSN: Sakriphyst || GT: Sakriphys
#2blitz_0623Posted 12/5/2012 7:54:18 AM
Yes definitely. I say you shouldn't worry a lot but you should definitely get into learning how to fuse personas eventually. I'm assuming you've fused some personas already, unless you're still early in the game and are still using Izanagi. If so, then you should definitely experiment with fusing and skill passing.

And you won't get stuck at a boss, as long as you have a good collection of personas in your compendium that you can buy and fuse if you need to for a certain boss.
#3AdventSakriphys(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 8:25:39 AM
I've been fusing quite a bit already. I don't know why, but with P3P I was literally afraid to fuse. I think it had to do with the thought of messing up horribly, especially when I haven't really been focusing much time with S.links. But this time around, it's become a lot fun.
---
#4blitz_0623Posted 12/5/2012 8:31:14 AM(edited)
You can't really mess up in fusing since you can just buy the personas again. Just remember to always register personas after you level them up, change some skills or whatever, and never "overwrite" if you get their raw cards.
#5touyamizrahiPosted 12/5/2012 8:33:12 AM
honestly, IMO, first play through don't worry about making it perfect, nor anywhere close. just focus on your social stats mainly (knowledge, courage, understanding, etc). because those are important! if you want to worry about fusing a LOT of different personas for your compendium you can, personally i don't as you've seen by now, you get a fair chunk from the extra cards thing at the end of some battles. so each one you get there automatically registers as a default. on my first play-through (which i'm not done yet actually for P4G but have beat the original ps2 version) i've only used like 5 different personas for the entire game pretty much. this version i do find a lot easier, but i won't explain how here unless you want some grinding spoilers. just find what works for you, and enjoy the storyline the first time through, you can worry about mastering it on sub-sequent playthroughs as this game does have a newgame+ feature.
---
oh look!!! CUPCAKES!
PSN: KatouKimiko
#6yankee6903Posted 12/5/2012 8:57:58 AM
I also have concerns. I dont want the "perfect" playthrough and just want to experience the game. BUT I just beat the bathhouse and found out that the persona I have been playing (valkyrie) can no longer level up skills. Those stopped at like level 17. I looked at the fuseable personas and dont like the skills and such. I know they will get better in the future but I dont want to waste 15 levels or whatever to find out they wont keep growing.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#7AdventSakriphys(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 9:02:51 AM
yankee6903 posted...
I also have concerns. I dont want the "perfect" playthrough and just want to experience the game. BUT I just beat the bathhouse and found out that the persona I have been playing (valkyrie) can no longer level up skills. Those stopped at like level 17. I looked at the fuseable personas and dont like the skills and such. I know they will get better in the future but I dont want to waste 15 levels or whatever to find out they wont keep growing.

I was halted shortly because of this as well. I just had no choice but to adopt a new persona, whether I liked the skill set or not. I figured if I kept going, I'd eventually be able to find skills that I preferred among the personas.
---
#8yankee6903Posted 12/5/2012 10:08:02 AM
bump
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#9blitz_0623Posted 12/5/2012 12:39:51 PM
yankee6903 posted...

All personas are like that. They learn all their skills within 5-7 levels or something. That's why you have to fuse every 5-10 levels, at least that's what I do.

Regarding fusing Valkyrie - you probably only checked out what fuseable personas you have based on what personas you are currently carrying. Here's what I think you should do:

You can just fuse your other personas, then whatever you get, fuse them with Valkyrie and get a high level persona - use triangle fusion if you want - they give higher level personas, just make sure your character level is high enough.

You can also choose to release your low level personas, and buy higher level personas from the Compendium. If you're carrying the max amount, just release a pesona.
#10LordVhaerunPosted 12/5/2012 12:47:44 PM
This game gives you the persona compendium pretty early. As in as soon as you enter the game. In p3p you had to wait a couple months before it was available so it was less forgiving. Fuse to your hearts content here cause you don't lose anything.

Regarding your issue with Valkyrie, with the way shuffle time works now you could choose a single persona and level it to max and it will still be comparable to end game fusions. There are plenty of cards to level your persona's attributes and auto level cards. Not to mention the skill level cards which will level a random skill to a more powerful version. With skill cards now in game, you're only really limited by your imagination.