Igor's replacement for P5...

#21SkaldskaparmalPosted 12/5/2012 8:56:40 AM
KefkaesqueXIII posted...
In Japan, that equation is essentially true.

Voice acting is a much more respected profession over there.

Yeah, because the Japanese never, ever change a character's VA when the old one gets too old, dies, etc. They just cut the characters out of the equation entirely. Such a super respected profession, that's what they do.
#22takethathuskerPosted 12/5/2012 8:56:50 AM
I'm still waiting for the twist that, for the last 2 games, Igor has really been Nyarlathotep taking on Igor's form, and you've just been doing away with his competition for his triumphant return...
#23ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/5/2012 8:59:01 AM
takethathusker posted...
I'm still waiting for the twist that, for the last 2 games, Igor has really been Nyarlathotep taking on Igor's form, and you've just been doing away with his competition for his triumphant return...

That would be pretty neat.
#24RikkettikPosted 12/5/2012 9:04:35 AM
Gamemaster64 posted...
Rikkettik posted...
I'd rather see Igor return and have Minato and FeMC both as assistants from which you can choose, much like Elizabeth and Theodor.

Like this: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=900375

what are they saying/thinking?

Minato: It's finally over...
FeMC: Thank you very much.

And the text on the books says "Grimoire".

But I did not translate it myself, so I can't guarantee it's the correct translation.
#25RorshacmaPosted 12/5/2012 9:25:38 AM
KefkaesqueXIII posted...
Le_Derpstick posted...
Modest_Modsoul posted...
There wont be any Igor anymore for P5.

His Japanese voice actor already passed away.

I assume the new Velvet owner would be Margaret, Elizabeth, and Theodore's parents.

The father would in Igor's place & the MIL- I mean the mother would be as the secretary.

In my theory...

VA = character.

I'm not sorry to say, sir, your equation is wrong.

In Japan, that equation is essentially true.

Voice acting is a much more respected profession over there.

Its not like this was even such a long lasting role that the two are inseparable. Out of the five mainline Persona games, Igor only had voice acting in the latest two. Its not like this was his VA from the beginning and it would be blasphemy to replace him.
---
"I was born out of the greediness of mankind. While men exist, so will I!" - Bacterion
#26kratoscar2008Posted 12/5/2012 9:48:13 AM(edited)
Le_Derpstick posted...
Modest_Modsoul posted...

I assume the new Velvet owner would be Margaret, Elizabeth, and Theodore's parents.

The father would in Igor's place & the MIL- I mean the mother would be as the secretary.

In my theory...

VA = character.

In the Guilty Gear series Zato-1 VA died and what they did? They killed the character history wise and replaced it with his shadow host Eddie to use a new voice.

Igor wont be able to comeback unless they make him a zombie or anything story related, of course they could make like in the animation and arena and recycle his lines.

Rorshacma posted...
Its not like this was even such a long lasting role that the two are inseparable. Out of the five mainline Persona games, Igor only had voice acting in the latest two. Its not like this was his VA from the beginning and it would be blasphemy to replace him.

Then boy you donty know how japanese people idolize VA.
#27SkaldskaparmalPosted 12/5/2012 9:55:20 AM
kratoscar2008 posted...
japanese people idolize VA.

They really don't. Maybe seiyuu otaku do, but saying "Japanese people" in general is so wrong, it isn't even funny.
#28scaleofjudgmentPosted 12/5/2012 9:59:19 AM
My condolescenes for the death of the VA. That being said.
Persona 3 protagonist did die physically but his soul is now trapped as a seal. It cannot go to heaven and it cannot go to reincarnation if those realms did exist. It wasn't turned into a shadow but became immortal but frozen as a barrier for mankind's need of destruction to fully realize.
Now for the new velvet room headmaster would probably be
- Margaret, since she's been a servant for both 3 and 4.
- Theodore/Elizabeth to surprise people as also main characters indicating the velvet room is out to fix stuff
- No one since the compendium is now in Elizabeth's hand and she now wields a wildcard. She doesn't need to.
---
" Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn"
- C.S. Lewis
#29kratoscar2008Posted 12/5/2012 10:01:51 AM(edited)
Skaldskaparmal posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
japanese people idolize VA.

They really don't. Maybe seiyuu otaku do, but saying "Japanese people" in general is so wrong, it isn't even funny.

Just see my Zato-1 post, VA in japan is another deal at least compared state side where you can swith VA whenever you want.

I think replacing Igor with Nameless would be cool.
#30RorshacmaPosted 12/5/2012 10:06:05 AM
kratoscar2008 posted...
Le_Derpstick posted...
Modest_Modsoul posted...

In my theory...

VA = character.

In the Guilty Gear series Zato-1 VA died and what they did? They killed the character history wise and replaced it with his shadow host Eddie to use a new voice.

Igor wont be able to comeback unless they make him a zombie or anything story related, of course they could make like in the animation and arena and recycle his lines.

Yes, and I can think of several examples of times when they did replace VAs of characters that had a much longer history of playing a character than the prior VA did of Igor. The Super Robot Wars series, for example, has replaced the VAs for characters who have been around for years after their original VA died. Or, how about with the Pokemon anime, when Giovanni/Sakaki's original VA died, and people were immediately declaring that they were going to drop the character, only to have them start using a new VA to replace him? Sure, there are times when franchises have dropped/killed off a character due to the death of a VA, but there are plenty of counterexamples where the exact opposite happened. So its rather silly and premature to decide that there is no way they're ever going to bring Igor back. Especially, as I said, when its a role that hasn't even been tied to the character for all that long.
---
"I was born out of the greediness of mankind. While men exist, so will I!" - Bacterion