Igor's replacement for P5...

#41Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/5/2012 11:42:02 AM
Igor won't be replaced, and why would you want him to be?

He is the most consistent tie in to every game in the series, so seeing him vanish would just make every game feel that much more detached.
#42kratoscar2008Posted 12/5/2012 11:44:58 AM
thompsontalker7 ...
Let's not forget the (optional) revives of Chidori and Shinjiro.

Way I see it, Liz is gonna try to save the MC by becoming the Great Seal herself instead of him.

Seeing Liz popularity i hardly think that would be the case. people say that the message of P3 would be lost if Mc is revived but i think the message of reviving him would be stronger: "Even if few people wish it they have the strength to change humanity negative feelings", or something like that.
#43Al KusanagiPosted 12/5/2012 12:13:17 PM
I'm pretty sure Igor will be gone as well, but I figured Marge would replace him.

As for the Igor VA thing, they went out of their way to use his voice samples straight from the game in the anime, severely limiting his lines, but as a tribute and out of respect for the original VA. Had they intended to replace the voice actor, they probably would have done it there.
---
Gamertag- AruKusanagi
PSN- Aurin13
#44synthetiksinPosted 12/5/2012 12:43:48 PM
Lelouch WOULD make a pretty good Igor, especially with the black ranger voicing him.

But seriously, Igor is much flatter than Margaret, personality wise. Although, it would feel kinda awkward/angry to walk into a limo with two hot chicks with smiles of shame and a dude that looks like he just got his basketballs polished.
#45RunikoPosted 12/5/2012 1:10:14 PM
There was a fan picture of Persona 5 with a grown up Nanako and Igors servants were the Male and Female MC of P3
---
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
#46princeoftimePosted 12/5/2012 1:17:43 PM
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
Igor won't be replaced, and why would you want him to be?

He is the most consistent tie in to every game in the series, so seeing him vanish would just make every game feel that much more detached.

They seemed pretty resistant to even giving him a new voice actor in Japan since his old one died.
#47BLACK_HUNTEXPosted 12/5/2012 1:34:53 PM
Swag
---
"The deadliest weapon in this game isn't a gun, or an explosive device, or any kind of hi-tech gadget.
It's a steady 4-bar connection".
#48Jesus_IsraPosted 12/5/2012 2:02:48 PM
I think Old Heihachi's VA passed away earlier this year too and Namco decided to make him young and gave him another VA.
---
PSN: israaaxd
#49NakratosPosted 12/5/2012 2:26:45 PM(edited)
D.

I'm currently replaying the very first Persona game and I gotta say: Igor is amazing. He can't be gone.

By the way, about Guilty Gear, they dropped the character Zato-1 in terms only. In terms of storyline, he died and Eddie took over so they could use another VA, but for all effects, the characters are exactly the same. So much so that someone who plays Guilty Gear without knowing the storyline would have no idea that Eddie isn't exactly Zato.
Basically, they just found a creative way to circunvent the problem, but if that wasn't an option, you can be absolutely sure that they wouldn't simply drop the character because its VA died. [Edit: got this last but wrong, but this is still my opinion.]