This game cusses a lot

#31Minatokun13Posted 12/7/2012 7:43:01 AM
MoonlightJust posted...
GodMWOLF posted...
=.= and the big deal is?

Now you're just doing it on purpose. Its the imagery of teenagers commiting suicide willingly. Yeah, we're aware that they are using evokers that AREN'T going to kill them, but it's still a bunch of kids holding a gun up to their heads and pulling the trigger. While people who play the games understand that it's not them actually offing themselves, people who know nothing about it are going to see it as extremely disturbing. And really, even us as players should be a bit disturbed by it at first. Until twenty hours in when we are fighting a rough boss. Then we don't really give a crud anymore.

To be fair, only idiots who haven't played the games would be THAT upset. Because when you watch a clip, you can clearly see the kids don't die, and a magical being erupts from their head, so anyone with basic reasoning skills could infer that it's a magic gun...

I think the big deal is the fear that children might try to emulate the P3 characters with a real gun...

That was one of the flaws for me of P3. Supposedly the point of the evoker was the clear their mind and make them think about death or whatever, and that's why it's gun shaped...but they know way ahead of time it won't actually kill them, so...I never got how it was different than holding a toy gun to your head. I mean like I don't get why Yukari was making such a big deal about it at first when she knew and had seen first hand (from Mitsuru and Akihiko) that the evoker would have no negative effects on her.
#32SparNar607Posted 12/7/2012 8:09:45 AM
The evoker had more to do with breaking a psychological barrier that was necessary to summon a persona.Whether or not you logically know its safe or not, mot people do not point guns/gunshaped objects at themselves. Also, if you watch the character models, you'll notice they recoil from the "shot" so even its not firing real bullets, it's not a toy either.
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#33SpacePirateSealPosted 12/7/2012 8:37:43 AM
Firion09 posted...
Dranahanv2 posted...
Atlus tends not to censor their game scripts too much.

Though censorship does go beyond cussing, I point out that I haven't seen cussing in any Atlus game I've played other than the SMT series.

Could it actually be that you played Atlus published games and not Atlus made games?
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410
#34Minatokun13Posted 12/7/2012 6:15:36 PM
SparNar607 posted...
The evoker had more to do with breaking a psychological barrier that was necessary to summon a persona.Whether or not you logically know its safe or not, mot people do not point guns/gunshaped objects at themselves. Also, if you watch the character models, you'll notice they recoil from the "shot" so even its not firing real bullets, it's not a toy either.

Doesn't matter. I can hold a nerf gun to my head and pull the trigger because I know it's fake. Actors can hold unloaded pistols to their heads and pull the trigger because they know it won't hurt them, and they don't need to whine and cry and gasp about it like Yukari.

They recoil from the shot because they're forcing their Persona out of their head, not because of any physical or emotional pain, given that they never ever, not even once mention any such pain.
#35PhantasyStar23Posted 12/7/2012 8:03:26 PM
GodMWOLF posted...
wow kids shooting themselves SOOOO HARDCORE/sarcasm

seriously?I at the very least didn't care since it's just a game plus i don't see what's wrong with it,but everyone else brings that up like it's so awesome.

Guess i'm desensitized or i just accepted that they're Evokers and not pistols,but whatever

It's the reason why Persona 3 got so much attention in the first place. The Evokers alone put Persona on the map.
---
GT: PhantazyStar | PSN: PhantasyStar23
Japanese Dubs: Raw passion | English Dubs: Actual personality