Kanji's sexual preferences.(spoilz)

#41RagnawindPosted 12/7/2012 11:57:07 AM
He is clearly straight. The only person he actually had feelings for was Naoto. He was unsure about his feelings though, until after it was revealed that Naoto was female.
#42heyitsthatguy11Posted 12/7/2012 12:46:03 PM
EmiHinata posted...
Hitoshura_ posted...
thompsontalker7 posted...
Definitely bi. He got a nosebleed upon seeing the two girls in swimsuits at the school trip, but showed feelings for Naoto before he knew she was a girl.

Too bad I got to her first >:P

Yeah, but the reason he had feelings for Naoto isn't sexual. He liked her because she was genuinely interested in him, and didn't judge him like everybody else. He just wants to be accepted by somebody regardless of their gender. You're comparing sexual attraction to a mental state.

Homosexuality isn't solely about sex. He liked Naoto regardless of gender, and presumably found her attractive both when he thought she was a guy and when he found out she wasn't. Regardless of if he's gay, bi, or whatever, he had feelings for Naoto as a man--that's not debatable.

I personally think he's pansexual--he's more concerned about acceptance than what's between someone's legs.

THAT is where you're wrong. He did NOT find her attractive when he thought she was a guy. At no point does he say anything like "Oh I like that guy". In fact the closest he gets to saying that is "But wait... I'm a guy and he's a guy... and he wants to talk to me?"
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjf48W3Dg98
#43EmiHinataPosted 12/7/2012 4:11:32 PM
Hitoshura_ posted...
EmiHinata posted...
Hitoshura_ posted...
thompsontalker7 posted...
Definitely bi. He got a nosebleed upon seeing the two girls in swimsuits at the school trip, but showed feelings for Naoto before he knew she was a girl.

Too bad I got to her first >:P

Yeah, but the reason he had feelings for Naoto isn't sexual. He liked her because she was genuinely interested in him, and didn't judge him like everybody else. He just wants to be accepted by somebody regardless of their gender. You're comparing sexual attraction to a mental state.

Homosexuality isn't solely about sex. He liked Naoto regardless of gender, and presumably found her attractive both when he thought she was a guy and when he found out she wasn't. Regardless of if he's gay, bi, or whatever, he had feelings for Naoto as a man--that's not debatable.

I personally think he's pansexual--he's more concerned about acceptance than what's between someone's legs.

Oh. So if I like someone who's a guy it makes me a homosexual? If Kanji isn't physically and sexually attracted to men, then he is not gay.

Sheesh people. Give him a break, he's only 15. By the time he matures completely and becomes confident about himself, there's no telling what he'll be like.

If you like someone who's a guy AS MORE THAN A FRIEND, it means you have some form of homosexual urge, yes. Doesn't mean you're automatically gay--sexuality is fluid and isn't as simple as gay/straight/bi.

By the age of 15 I knew I was gay.

heyitsthatguy11 posted...
A

THAT is where you're wrong. He did NOT find her attractive when he thought she was a guy. At no point does he say anything like "Oh I like that guy". In fact the closest he gets to saying that is "But wait... I'm a guy and he's a guy... and he wants to talk to me?"

He never outright says it, but look at his behaviours: blushing, stammering, acting generally the same way around Naoto as after her reveal.
---
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com
#44Lord_ThiefPosted 12/7/2012 8:36:39 PM
Skaldskaparmal posted...
Lord_Thief posted...
If you look at it, Naoto is his number one interest in the game. Both when he thought Naoto was male as well as female. But, on the other hand if you look at his SECOND interest, it definitely seems to be MC. Even if the interest doesn't go both ways Kanji forms a bond and affection, and opens up while having never opened up before to MC.

But pretty much every character in the game "forms a bond and affection" towards the main character, mainly due to his Sue-ness.

If you look at the actual interaction though, there's a difference between Chie and MC training at the park, or Youske and MC eating at Junes and having a heart-to-heart; and Kanji and MC interacting in general. If Kanji were a chick and kept all the same lines, it would be pretty safe to assume that people would be calling out Kanji for having the hots. There's some serious bromatic tension going on between those two. At least from Kanji's side.

Isn't that more of a comedy trope than a romance trope? You have the three guys hanging out with girls, and MC is too chill to have his nose bleed, while Youske is too dumb. Kanji gets to do it because he's the only one left. Plus, isn't it those who try the hardest are those who have the most to hide?

"I LIKE GIRLS, DAMNIT!"

He likes Naoto all right, but he still liked Naoto when he thought she was a he. Just sayin'.
---
Il y a un elephant sur mon balcon. Il avale tout mon bourbon, assis sur mes fleurs il siffle une chanson.
#45Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/7/2012 8:48:57 PM
Lord_Thief posted...
Skaldskaparmal posted...
Lord_Thief posted...
If you look at it, Naoto is his number one interest in the game. Both when he thought Naoto was male as well as female. But, on the other hand if you look at his SECOND interest, it definitely seems to be MC. Even if the interest doesn't go both ways Kanji forms a bond and affection, and opens up while having never opened up before to MC.

But pretty much every character in the game "forms a bond and affection" towards the main character, mainly due to his Sue-ness.

If you look at the actual interaction though, there's a difference between Chie and MC training at the park, or Youske and MC eating at Junes and having a heart-to-heart; and Kanji and MC interacting in general. If Kanji were a chick and kept all the same lines, it would be pretty safe to assume that people would be calling out Kanji for having the hots. There's some serious bromatic tension going on between those two. At least from Kanji's side.

Isn't that more of a comedy trope than a romance trope? You have the three guys hanging out with girls, and MC is too chill to have his nose bleed, while Youske is too dumb. Kanji gets to do it because he's the only one left. Plus, isn't it those who try the hardest are those who have the most to hide?

"I LIKE GIRLS, DAMNIT!"

He likes Naoto all right, but he still liked Naoto when he thought she was a he. Just sayin'.

It is a comedy trope, but the fact of the matter is it occurred during a canon story sequence. The reason for it being displayed is moot, it happened, so it implies that he does have "sexual" urges towards girls. Now his emotional preferences and sexual urges for men are up for debate. Which is why I say he is either Bisexual or Heterosexual with an "emotional" preference for men (not necessarily sexual).

And yes, that "emotional" preference does seem to come out during his alone interactions with the MC. But that doesn't necessarily mean he can "get it up" for him, just maybe... I'm saying maybe... wants to snuggle up with him like a very young boy would with his dad (he does mention his dad actually, which could play a part in all this).
#46Lord_ThiefPosted 12/7/2012 11:30:04 PM
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
Lord_Thief posted...
Skaldskaparmal posted...
Lord_Thief posted...

"I LIKE GIRLS, DAMNIT!"

It is a comedy trope, but the fact of the matter is it occurred during a canon story sequence. The reason for it being displayed is moot, it happened, so it implies that he does have "sexual" urges towards girls. Now his emotional preferences and sexual urges for men are up for debate. Which is why I say he is either Bisexual or Heterosexual with an "emotional" preference for men (not necessarily sexual).

And yes, that "emotional" preference does seem to come out during his alone interactions with the MC. But that doesn't necessarily mean he can "get it up" for him, just maybe... I'm saying maybe... wants to snuggle up with him like a very young boy would with his dad (he does mention his dad actually, which could play a part in all this).

Those are good points, but we're assuming that to be gay you only have sexual urges towards a person. This goes both ways for the examples. Kind of like Kanji.

The Japanese tend to be pretty sexual with their humour. Kanji having a bloody nose because of the girls in bikinis was mostly a timing bit. The joke would have worked with any of the male cast in his place at that moment. It would have had the same impact. It was a throwaway gag honestly.

If we want to bring up jokes that mention his sexuality, we could mention how Kanji really wanted Naoto to enter the Beauty Pageant during the school festival. He wanted to see her on stage so he "could know for sure." He's implying himself that he doesn't know if it's just Naoto that he likes, or if he's into dudes or not. That's why it's funny, he's desperate to know and is being obvious about his sexuality all the while.

I'd say all we can say for certain is that he's into Naoto during the game. I'd make a case for him being gay/bi myself, but I honestly don't see Kanji being straight.

Even if he's not straight, does that make him any less bad-ass?
---
Il y a un elephant sur mon balcon. Il avale tout mon bourbon, assis sur mes fleurs il siffle une chanson.
#47Yuji Kaido(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 2:07:58 AM
<_<

>_>

*dances*
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
"Death's embrace awaits !!!" - Evil Ryu
#48XVenomKissPosted 12/8/2012 6:00:55 PM
The first time I played through there was no question in my mind he was gay... But this time it really seemed like if anything he's certainly NOT confused (after getting take-mikazuchi). It seems to me the effeminate part of his shadow was created by his love of things like sewing and textile work which are traditionally not viewed by Japanese Culture as Masculine, but that he had pride both in his masculinity AND his hobbies causing conflict.
---
~XVenomKiss~
#49Yuji Kaido(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 1:34:33 AM
Hmm.
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
"Death's embrace awaits !!!" - Evil Ryu