KADFC's Main Guide Topic (FAQ, Updates, Errors, Etc...)

#1KADFCPosted 12/7/2012 12:02:53 AM
Hello, I'm KADFC and this is my main topic; which is geared towards my current P4G Walkthrough/Guide. From now til the end of December, I'll be playing this game and typing out the guide. I like to think of this as my Winter Break Project. When this topic dies out is also the mark of when I'll stop dealing with the guide; maybe this game as well.

Scope:
Base of Work
Common Questions/Concerns
Purpose Of This Topic

Base of Work

Before I go into details, I want to give a broad overview of how I'm doing this. First off, I'm translating a JPNs website's Max Slink Schedule. The schedule itself already has a few things that I want, which includes: Maxing All Slinks, Getting All Books, and Max All Traits/Qualities.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww34.atwiki.jp%2Fpersona4_g%2Fpages%2F141.html

There are a lot of differences. The biggest one is that this guide goes through Soccer and Band because of their stat boosters. My guide will be doing Basketball and Drama, which seems to have a lot of restrictions and limited stat boosters (I didn't know this beforehand). However, so far, everything is following accordingly with no major upsets. Basketball: Rank 3 must be maintained for first book; Rank 4 must be maintained for the second and third book. Weird, I know, but this is based on my testing.

What the JPN schedule doesn't include, I'll be making up for it, which includes: All Quests, All Costumes, All Mini-Games, Mini-Quests, Tips, Enemy Data, Trophy, etc... This "guide" for now, only serves as a journal, which may or may not be efficient. Yet, I don't care, as long as it can provide something that no one has yet produced. In the future, I want it to be the perfect guide, but I can only take one step at a time. The perfect guide phase won't be in process until my 3rd playthrough.

Common Questions/Concerns
There's a few things I want to address. People tend to skip these and later, find the guide to be hard. This is something a P3 and/or P4 player should know, but I guess the newbies still lack, for now. I'll list some, but it may include things only a P4 player should now. These are the most ask questions/concerns by email

1) Matching Personas: Generally speaking, whenever you do a S-link event, you need to have a matching persona with you. For example, Yosuke is Magician and thus, when you do their S-link part, you should have a Magician persona with you. They don't have to be equipped, but it does be in your inventory/possession. To go depth, you don't really need a matching persona with Rank 1, but all others you really should because it gives a better bonus.

You are expected to start collecting personas when you enter the first dungeon; which is marked as 4/17 in the guide. For the beginning, you need at least a Magician and Strength persona. Fuse or find from shuffle. Save your game before fusing if you're not sure what you're doing. Use the Fusion's "Search" feature to reduce some effort.

2) Randomness. This applies for Studying, Aiya, Fortune Drawing, Books, etc... For all of them, early on, I didn't restart for the best outcome. I only became strict on Aiya after learning about what I should've done, but it doesn't really matter. You do have to restart for Fortune Drawings though, since they are needed to have rank up instead of a ST.

3) "I didn't rank up like it said it would in the guide." The most frequent asked question/concern. Just keep following the guide. If a Magician Slink part did not rank up, just use your time on the next Magician meeting and keep going; while using the answers before. Yes, you have a lot of free time later on to make it up. Unless of course, it's Aeon or Jester. These 2 take priority over all others.
#2KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:04:12 AM
4) SP. At the beginning of the game you'll be lacking SP, and this is normal. For now, just try to save up and don't use it like a madmen. At the shopping district, south, you can find Vending Machines that sell TaP Soda. Even though it only 10 SP per, this is better than any of your other methods, for now. Later on, there's Mage Mark and Sarasvati's Invigorate 2, The Fox (Hermit), and VC, etc...

5) Persona Compendium & Izanagi: It is OKAY to fuse your Izanagi with other personas. You can always buy them back from the compendium later on, for a price. Compendium will be avaliable very early on. During Shuffle Time, personas should always be your first priority. At least get 5 personas per dungeon. You get to hold more personas as you level up.

6) Shadow Weakness/Elements: Sorry to say this, but all Dungeons at and after Mitsuo will not, at this current time, be updated to P4G. I could do it since there's a wiki for it and all, but I rather have a certain time to fully test it, than to fill it up without full acknowledgment.

Purpose Of This Topic
The purpose of this topic is to do 2 things. Questions and New Addition

Questions: For users/players to post questions and for someone, or me, to answer. This can be based on some confusion that doesn't make sense to you, any problems you're having with the guide, or improvements that I can include/revise/edit in the guide. This is to limit the number of emails I get asking the same question over and over again. Since my lastest update, I haven't seen any too much problems, so I'm guessing all ends well.

New Addition: Someone suggested that since GF updates the FAQ as a slow pace, I should post something new for people to use. Think of this as an early preview. Yeah, GF doesn't update over the weekends. For right now, I'll try it, but it won't be formatted to be reading friendly. That takes way too much of my time. I rather spend more time including new content than re-editting. The following section, which should be up tomorrow or so and if I think it's worthy.

There may be a lot of typos, but meh. I'm tired. Currently doing 11/20 and correcting 11/10 things, etc...
#3KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:07:46 AM
* For the remaining months, I'll slowly not indicate Bug Catch parts.
However, Bug Catch still serves a purpose besides fishing. This will be
covered in October and later on.

* Doll collecting, as well as any other mini-quest, will be included as well

/-----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
| October [5G]
| 10/1 (Sa) Rainy |
| - Quest 46: Desk Refurbishing, Part 3 |
| * Practice Building, 2F -> Homely student -> Get what? -> Leave it to me|
| |
| - Hermit Rank 10 (Requires Max Expression, Entralling) |
| + Obtained Gratitude Ema |
| + You can now fuse Ongyo-ki, the Shadow Dweller |
| |
| - Hidden Secrets Part 6 |
| * Shopping District, South -> Velvet Room |
| |
| - Tower Rank 1: A, 3 (PE) |
| * Shopping District, South -> Bus Stop -> Tutoring -> Yes |
| + Diligence + Expression + Knowledge + 10,000 yen |
| |
| 10/2 (Su) Cloudy |
| - I'll pass |
| |
| - TV Shop: Peach Battlesuit + Wasabi Jelly x2 29800 yen |
| Red Goldfish x10 + Bread Crumbs x10 9800 yen |
| -> Red Goldfish combo for safety; Peach if you have over 20 fishes |
| NOTE: Needed for feeding the cat quest |
| * Peach: 211 Def, 4 Eva, Female Only, + Eva Phys (low) |
| |
| * Tower Persona: If you still haven't got a Tower Persona, here's a few |
| recipes that you may or may not be able to use. Also, use your Search |
| feature to find a suitable Tower Persona formula. |
| - Cu Sith + Dis + Nozuchi/Omoikane |
| - Thor + Succubus + Omoikane |
| - Thor + Dis + Ome-no-Uzume |
| - Siegfried + Succubus + Ame-no-Uzume/Dis |
| - Siegfried + Thor + Udine |
| |
| - Death Rank 5: Any options |
| |
#4KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:08:51 AM
| - Catch Bugs |
| + IJB + Genji |
| |
| - Hiero Rank 10 MAXED: Any (1/3, A) |
| * FULLY VOICED |
| + Obtained Coffee Mug |
| + You can now fuse Kohyru, the Almighty Guardian |
| |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 10/3 (Mo) Sunny |
| - Lecture |
| + Knowledge |
| |
| - Magician Rank 9: 1, 1 |
| * FULLY VOICED |
| + Mortal Blow |
| |
| - Harvest -> Melon Seedling |
| + Harvested 1 Bead Melon |
| |
| - Catch Bugs |
| + HSB + Daimyo |
| |
| - Lady in White -> Give it to her (Genji Ayu) |
| + Obtained Gyosen Stone |
| * This is optional. Just keep an eye out for what she wants later on |
| |
| - Kanji: Dachiko Story |
| |
| - Read: Poly-land |
| |
| 10/4 (Tu) Rainy |
| - "Which of these sports also uses an anchor?" |
| Answer: "Tug-of-War" (1st) |
| + Knowledge |
| |
| - Sun: ST |
| + Expression |
| |
| - Tower Rank 2: 1, 1, P2/1 |
| + Expression; + 10000 yen |
| |
#5KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:10:02 AM
| 10/5 (We) Rainy |
| - "Do you know the answer, Kaddy?" |
| Answer: "The right edge" (2nd) |
| + Yosuke; + Expression |
| |
| - Save your game in the Shopping District, South before doing next part. |
| |
| - Aiya (3,000 yen) (NEED: Knowledge + Diligence) |
| + Understanding + Knowledge + Diligence |
| |
| - Storyline |
| |
| - Delivery Arrives: Goldfish x10 + Bread Crumbs x10 |
| |
| - Watch TV in your room |
| |
| 10/6 (Th) Cloudy |
| - Storyline: Any options |
| + Fool Rank 8 |
| |
| - Catch Bugs |
| + Daimyo + Yaso |
| |
| - Tower: ST (Maybe ranked up. Didn't have Tower persona last meeting) |
| + Expression; + 10,000 yen If so: 3,2 |
| |
| 10/7 (Fr) Cloudy |
| - Storyline: Any options |
| + Star Rank 6 (+Marakunda) |
| |
| - Read: Poly-land |
| + Diligence + Knowledge |
| |

This is horrible right? If so, I'll stop
#6HoIlywoodPosted 12/7/2012 12:11:16 AM
I noticed you have a guide for P3P, is that guide fully complete?
---
PSN: Ahkiva
#7KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 12:14:11 AM
HoIlywood posted...
I noticed you have a guide for P3P, is that guide fully complete?

Yep, it's fully complete. The only thing that I didn't do was probably type a better strategy for Elizabeth and my plan to create the ultimate Telos, but besides that, I can't really think what else I wanted to include. Be warned though, it's only for FemMC
#8ZoelPosted 12/7/2012 12:35:29 AM
Maybe I start a similar topic like this for my guide. I rarely get any feedback unlike yours, cause I don't mind people pointing out errors, I can correct them faster. Especially now, that I very busy and also I am trying to write another guide for a 3ds game. But P4G takes priority.

Maybe cause I never bother putting a step to step instructions on playing through P4, cause I believe the game should been played as free as possible, without following strict instructions. I think thats the main reason I hardly used a guide to begin with on P4, even creating Personas I was just choosing random ones and which ever is the highest level one I can make.
---
PSN: Celis777 | Currently working on Rune Factory 4 Faq.
P4A main: Aegis | BB Main: Carl
#9HoIlywoodPosted 12/7/2012 12:40:01 AM
Zoel posted...
Maybe I start a similar topic like this for my guide. I rarely get any feedback unlike yours, cause I don't mind people pointing out errors, I can correct them faster. Especially now, that I very busy and also I am trying to write another guide for a 3ds game. But P4G takes priority.

Maybe cause I never bother putting a step to step instructions on playing through P4, cause I believe the game should been played as free as possible, without following strict instructions. I think thats the main reason I hardly used a guide to begin with on P4, even creating Personas I was just choosing random ones and which ever is the highest level one I can make.

Haven't used your walk through since im using KADFC's but I just wanted to say I have used your Persona guide(to make combinations to get specific personas) and your S Link event guide(all possible questions/answers) and its very solid so thank you
---
PSN: Ahkiva
#10mongopikisPosted 12/7/2012 12:49:10 AM
Zoel posted...

I used only your guide and Arthellinus' guide back in P4 and I still think it's amazing, mind you. Not a big fan of day to day guides so I was much more appreciative of your format with the S. Link answers.