Weakest MC character in Persona games?

#1GaboadoPosted 12/7/2012 6:49:17 AM
My friend have patience to beat Persona 1PSP and Eternal Punishment in PS1( as well Innocent Sin PSP, P3FES PS2 and P4Golden ) and said Yu Narukami even looking cool is the weakest MC in Persona games. Donīt know if itīs true.
#2mongopikisPosted 12/7/2012 6:51:40 AM
Probably just him using some arbitrary standard to decide. There really isn't much to judge after all.
#3SparNar607Posted 12/7/2012 6:57:42 AM
There is nothing truly concrete to suggest which of the protagonist is stronger than the other. You could try to use gameplay mechanics to suggest otherwise but the arguments would get stupid very quicky.
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#4GSSAGE7Posted 12/7/2012 7:14:23 AM
Since Yu is compatable with every Arcana and doesn't lose levels with any like the first guy, Tatsuya, or Maya, I'd say he's second only to the MC from Persona 3, who can cast fusion spells on his own.
Yeah, I said it. Persona 3's MC is the strongest.
#5SpacePirateSealPosted 12/7/2012 7:26:10 AM
GSSAGE7 posted...
Since Yu is compatable with every Arcana and doesn't lose levels with any like the first guy, Tatsuya, or Maya, I'd say he's second only to the MC from Persona 3, who can cast fusion spells on his own.

Sorry bro but Tatsuya is the strongest, then Maya, followed by Yamada (lol) then P1 MC and finally Mr. Yu Narukami. Of course Demi-Fiend beats all of them, but he isn't a Persona character so I'll let that be.
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410
#6mongopikisPosted 12/7/2012 7:27:35 AM
GSSAGE7 posted...

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOOOONE!?
#7GSSAGE7Posted 12/7/2012 7:27:39 AM
SpacePirateSeal posted...
GSSAGE7 posted...

Sorry bro but Tatsuya is the strongest, then Maya, followed by Yamada (lol) then P1 MC and finally Mr. Yu Narukami. Of course Demi-Fiend beats all of them, but he isn't a Persona character so I'll let that be.

Why is the guy who can cast Armageddon the 2nd weakest?
#8Minatokun13Posted 12/7/2012 7:36:04 AM
GSSAGE7 posted...
GSSAGE7 posted...

In that quote, he's not the second weakest, since there's two people listed after him...But I'd guess because Nyarlathotep is probably stronger than Nyx and Izanami. I mean, Apathy Syndrome was essentially the same as the people who had their dream energy taken from them in P2, except in P2 the people disappeared and (IIRC) everyone's memories of them disappeared, as opposed to Apathy syndrome which created a lot of obvious vegetables. And Nyarlathotep did kind of rewrite the rules of the whole world and had most of it destroyed, so...
#9GSSAGE7Posted 12/7/2012 7:56:10 AM
Minatokun13 posted...
GSSAGE7 posted...
GSSAGE7 posted...

In that quote, he's not the second weakest, since there's two people listed after him...But I'd guess because Nyarlathotep is probably stronger than Nyx and Izanami. I mean, Apathy Syndrome was essentially the same as the people who had their dream energy taken from them in P2, except in P2 the people disappeared and (IIRC) everyone's memories of them disappeared, as opposed to Apathy syndrome which created a lot of obvious vegetables. And Nyarlathotep did kind of rewrite the rules of the whole world and had most of it destroyed, so...

The thing you have to remember is that for Yu and the P3 MC, in the end, they finished off their boss alone. Plus, as I recall, Nyarlathotep was also partly beaten by Philemon and his bet, something the other two can't say.
#10Zero6798Posted 12/7/2012 8:50:50 AM
MC3 and MC4 are both cooler and stronger (IMO) than any of the other protagonists.

compared to each other they are probably about even. for anyone who starts to say "well mc3 had the universe and mc4 only had the world!" check the facts. those two are the same card, just different decks.

but there is one irrefutable fact...

Narukami is still alive.
---
The Ruler's Heartbeats Now File Through Here... Witness The Creation Shaking Power.... Synchro Summon, My Very Soul! Red Demon's Dragon!