The voice acting is so mixed. Also a question about length?

#1sarevokmbPosted 12/7/2012 8:24:54 AM
Wow. The voice acting is really a mixed bag in this game. Some actors, like the ones for Yosuke and Kanji are excellent. They can pull off lines that would make any other actor sound like an idiot, and they make them legitimately funny.

Chie's, on the other hand, is horrendous. Not only does she have some odd Wisconsin Mormon woman accent, but she just delivers her lines so unconvincingly that I sometimes cringe.

Yukiko's is alright, with some good acting during neutral parts, but any time she has to show emotion, she can't pull it off.

I just don't get how there can be this much disparity between the actors.

Also, how long is this game? I'm near the end of June, and have played a little over 20 hours, but I am worried that I don't have much of the game left. How much longer do I have to go?

I'm enjoying myself so much with this game, that I never want it to end. I don't remember being this addicted to a game since I was a kid.
---
"The law is only a protection when everyone agrees to be bound by it. We don't." -Thane, Mass Effect 2
#2BLACK_HUNTEXPosted 12/7/2012 8:26:18 AM
Don't see why people cry over voices, i doubt you could do a better job.
---
"The deadliest weapon in this game isn't a gun, or an explosive device, or any kind of hi-tech gadget.
It's a steady 4-bar connection".
#3defunct32Posted 12/7/2012 8:29:05 AM
I cringe at Chie's too, oh c'mon, TC never said he could do better but these people are voice actors and they get paid? Yah?
#4SparNar607Posted 12/7/2012 8:30:16 AM
*Crosses fingers and hopes this topic dies before yet ANOTHER VA fecal storm hits*
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#5GSSAGE7Posted 12/7/2012 8:30:17 AM
sarevokmb posted...
Also, how long is this game? I'm near the end of June, and have played a little over 20 hours, but I am worried that I don't have much of the game left. How much longer do I have to go?

I'm enjoying myself so much with this game, that I never want it to end. I don't remember being this addicted to a game since I was a kid.

It's not unusual to have playthroughs that go up to 60 hours.
#6defunct32Posted 12/7/2012 8:31:23 AM
SparNar607 posted...
*Crosses fingers and hopes this topic dies before yet ANOTHER VA fecal storm hits*

Lol, k, *walking away now*
#7Alucard188(Moderator)Posted 12/7/2012 8:33:23 AM
GSSAGE7 posted...
sarevokmb posted...

It's not unusual to have playthroughs that go up to 60 hours.

I'm on 1/17 of my playthru, and I'm at 72 hours.
---
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx