Why do you like Rise?

#1PhantasyStar23Posted 12/7/2012 7:08:23 PM
I'm not trying to be offensive, I just find it hard to like her. I usually like characters who act like hos (like that one girl in Tales of the Abyss) because it's funny, but with Rise....ehh. Laura Bailey doesn't help either. She's not a bad voice actor, she's just everywhere is all
---
GT: PhantazyStar | PSN: PhantasyStar23
Japanese Dubs: Raw passion | English Dubs: Actual personality
#2Yuji KaidoPosted 12/7/2012 7:11:02 PM
Because opinions.

/topic
---
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree ? Your problem.
"Death's embrace awaits !!!" - Evil Ryu
#3Azure_FlamePosted 12/7/2012 7:12:00 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like her. Her sudden "Thanks for saving me, I love you guys!" was entertaining, but her clinginess towards the protag just got old after a while.

Now, if we're talking about Naoto on the other hand...

awwww yeah.
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#4Chaosxmk777Posted 12/7/2012 7:13:43 PM
Azure_Flame posted...
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like her. Her sudden "Thanks for saving me, I love you guys!" was entertaining, but her clinginess towards the protag just got old after a while.

Now, if we're talking about Naoto on the other hand...

awwww yeah.

You just summed up my entire opinion in much fewer words than I was going to use. Thank you.
---
"This is me... All of me." ~ Hanako
#5kratoscar2008Posted 12/7/2012 7:15:05 PM
PhantasyStar23 posted...
I'm not trying to be offensive, I just find it hard to like her. I usually like characters who act like hos (like that one girl in Tales of the Abyss) because it's funny, but with Rise....ehh. Laura Bailey doesn't help either. She's not a bad voice actor, she's just everywhere is all

Well most people like her (Myself ncludided) because she is willing to do ANYTHING for you, you can make a lot of bad things but she will always love you and just for that she is the best female in the cast (As polls have showed).
#6PhantasyStar23(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 7:19:32 PM
I'm liking Naoto less and less as well, yet I loved her in Arena for some reason.

kratoscar2008 posted...
PhantasyStar23 posted...

Well most people like her (Myself ncludided) because she is willing to do ANYTHING for you, you can make a lot of bad things but she will always love you and just for that she is the best female in the cast (As polls have showed).

Now that you mention it, she doesn't get bummed out when I deny her requests to hang out. Or this one time when I had the option to hang with her alone, or tell her to call everyone else, she didn't seem to mind at all when I told her to call everyone else.

I still don't really like her though, doesn't seem too different from Misa from Deathnote, who was also unlikeable
---
GT: PhantazyStar | PSN: PhantasyStar23
Japanese Dubs: Raw passion | English Dubs: Actual personality
#7GodMWOLFPosted 12/7/2012 7:26:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Strain42Posted 12/7/2012 7:20:19 PM
I just think she's cute and fun. Yeah, she can be annoying, but I feel that way about every character in this game. Rise is just a character that annoyed me a little less than most of the others.

Though to be honest...I think she's the most useless character in the game. And this isn't to bash her...but she kind of is.

From a story perspective, she provides very little. She's not exactly the one who makes brilliant deductions for the group or helps to figure things out. Most of her dialogue is to either be cute or flirty. Not that helpful.

And from a gameplay perspective...again, she isn't really needed. Even though she has a Persona specifically designed to sense and find people, you still have to go through the whole in town scavenger hunt thing for her before you can get any dungeons unlocked. Teddie was just as competent as her WITHOUT having a Persona.

The game could have just had Shadow Teddie be in the Void Quest, Teddie could have gotten his Persona like normal, but they could have just left him on Support character duty the whole game (once he unlocks his Persona he could get all the abilities that Rise learns, so you don't miss out on those)

I love Rise but...she really wasn't needed in the game. She's one of the only characters you could just lose entirely and the game won't be much worse off for it.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#9SamuraiLloydPosted 12/7/2012 7:21:31 PM(edited)
Eh, Rise is a decent character and a nice enough girl but she's far from my favorite character, let alone my favorite female. She has several decent lines and a few cute scenes but her constant flirting can get kinda annoying if you are already in a relationship with one of the other girls.

Really, I'm more of a Chie and Naoto fan myself.
---
"I just beat Mag-Freaking-Neto! Where yo curly mustache at?!" - Deadpool
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
#10falugalobPosted 12/7/2012 7:25:30 PM
Have you guys seen the stuff she'll do for you in this game in battle? She'll literally save your ass if you die.
---
PSN:Falugalob