Why do you like Rise?

#11kratoscar2008Posted 12/7/2012 8:27:50 PM
PhantasyStar23 posted...
I'm liking Naoto less and less as well, yet I loved her in Arena for some reason.

kratoscar2008 posted...
PhantasyStar23 posted...
I'm not trying to be offensive, I just find it hard to like her. I usually like characters who act like hos (like that one girl in Tales of the Abyss) because it's funny, but with Rise....ehh. Laura Bailey doesn't help either. She's not a bad voice actor, she's just everywhere is all

Well most people like her (Myself ncludided) because she is willing to do ANYTHING for you, you can make a lot of bad things but she will always love you and just for that she is the best female in the cast (As polls have showed).

Now that you mention it, she doesn't get bummed out when I deny her requests to hang out. Or this one time when I had the option to hang with her alone, or tell her to call everyone else, she didn't seem to mind at all when I told her to call everyone else.

I still don't really like her though, doesn't seem too different from Misa from Deathnote, who was also unlikeable

For example most people dont Like Yukari since she isnt that kind of character that is so one dimensional like Rise, so making her your "Stalker with a Crush" makes you feel important because how deeply she cares for you.
#12HighUlitmaPosted 12/7/2012 8:28:41 PM
I prefer kanji.
#13PhantasyStar23(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 8:31:57 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...

For example most people dont Like Yukari since she isnt that kind of character that is so one dimensional like Rise, so making her your "Stalker with a Crush" makes you feel important because how deeply she cares for you.

I guess this is my ego talking, but I'd rather have no one care for me than have someone attached to my hip. It makes me feel more pathetic than anything really.
---
GT: PhantazyStar | PSN: PhantasyStar23
Japanese Dubs: Raw passion | English Dubs: Actual personality
#142ylytPosted 12/7/2012 8:36:27 PM
I personally like Rise and her character development in her S. Link. She's an idol that has experienced much more than the group, being exposed to different places and all. She has experienced the good and the bad, and she uses her experiences to aid the group when needed.
---
If you're willing to make an effort, anything can happen (I hope...)
#15Chaosxmk777Posted 12/7/2012 8:36:50 PM
PhantasyStar23 posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...

I guess this is my ego talking, but I'd rather have no one care for me than have someone attached to my hip. It makes me feel more pathetic than anything really.

Not just that, but she acts vicious towards all females when she finds you hanging out with them...
---
"This is me... All of me." ~ Hanako
#16kewldude475Posted 12/7/2012 8:38:30 PM
I like how she types out her text messages. It's adorable (^3^)
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
Now playing: Persona 4 Golden, Assassin's Creed 2, Resident Evil 6
#17Taboo_NekuPosted 12/7/2012 8:46:05 PM
Guys, Rise is smart. I recall a bunch of moments where she helps the group with social situations.
---
PSN: NoobKnight
#18thompsontalker7Posted 12/7/2012 8:53:14 PM
Because dating her is the closest you can get to dating Laura Bailey.

Still didn't stop me from romancing Naoto first, though
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
Owning white sneakers are like raising a kid, they all end up corrupted if you're not careful.
#19Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/7/2012 8:56:21 PM
kratoscar2008 posted...
PhantasyStar23 posted...
I'm not trying to be offensive, I just find it hard to like her. I usually like characters who act like hos (like that one girl in Tales of the Abyss) because it's funny, but with Rise....ehh. Laura Bailey doesn't help either. She's not a bad voice actor, she's just everywhere is all

Well most people like her (Myself ncludided) because she is willing to do ANYTHING for you, you can make a lot of bad things but she will always love you and just for that she is the best female in the cast (As polls have showed).

Wow that sounds very Patriarchal. If that's the case, then most people see women as if they should be loyal dogs. They are human beings as well you know.

I don't like her either. She is too easy, and therefore not a reliable person to have a meaningful relationship with. I've known girls like her in real life... doesn't end well.
#20thompsontalker7Posted 12/7/2012 8:57:10 PM
Taboo_Neku posted...
Guys, Rise is smart. I recall a bunch of moments where she helps the group with social situations.

Let's not forget in Persona 4 Arena, where she snaps most of the Investigation Team back to reality when they are confronted by their "Shadow" again.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
Owning white sneakers are like raising a kid, they all end up corrupted if you're not careful.