Why do you like Rise?

#21ChibiDeidaraPosted 12/7/2012 7:59:39 PM
One Reason..Laura bailey <3 =)
---
Maybe you should worry less about the tides, who've already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over -Azula-
#22clyde_ghostPosted 12/7/2012 8:01:46 PM
I like Rise mainly because of her spunk. She's also honest and her clinginess isn't really a big deal to me. Actually I think her clinginess is to the point of cute. It isn't creepy and obsessive like most people think the term clingy means in a relationship. It's to the point where she shows her honest affection by expressing that she wants the MC to herself but she doesn't go around saying you can't hang around other girls and stuff like that. She gets jealous sometimes as you see when you hang out with Ai or Marie but she doesn't hold it against you.

Ontop of all that her S. Link story in general is great.
---
GT - Vanuber
PSN - Stylish_Lynx
#23Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/7/2012 8:04:55 PM
clyde_ghost posted...
I like Rise mainly because of her spunk. She's also honest and her clinginess isn't really a big deal to me. Actually I think her clinginess is to the point of cute. It isn't creepy and obsessive like most people think the term clingy means in a relationship. It's to the point where she shows her honest affection by expressing that she wants the MC to herself but she doesn't go around saying you can't hang around other girls and stuff like that. She gets jealous sometimes as you see when you hang out with Ai or Marie but she doesn't hold it against you.

She's not clingy, she's very flirtacious. She gives me the sense she'll drop you on a dime the second she finds someone more interesting. But if that floats your boat, more power to ya.
#24clyde_ghostPosted 12/7/2012 8:09:54 PM
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
clyde_ghost posted...

She's not clingy, she's very flirtacious. She gives me the sense she'll drop you on a dime the second she finds someone more interesting. But if that floats your boat, more power to ya.

Those are two different things and it doesn't mean she can't be both. Just the same, both things don't have to be a bad thing. She even admits to her own habit of being clingy. But hey, if thats how you see it then, as you say, "more power to ya."
---
GT - Vanuber
PSN - Stylish_Lynx
#25TheJabberw0ckyPosted 12/7/2012 8:11:29 PM
Oh Rise....Rise for me was confusing because at first i really didnt like her i hated that she was the navigator instead of teddy, but at the same time i did like her because she added a different character to the games already awesome line up of personalities. At the end of the day though i would say shes my least favorite. Im a big Chie fan though so im the minority anyway haha XD
#26Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/7/2012 8:13:15 PM
clyde_ghost posted...
clyde_ghost posted...

Those are two different things and it doesn't mean she can't be both. Just the same, both things don't have to be a bad thing. She even admits to her own habit of being clingy. But hey, if thats how you see it then, as you say, "more power to ya."

You neglect to see the part where I say "she's a HO" in much nicer words. Typical female player attitude, and I've seen/known many. Doesn't mean she IS a player, just seems like it to me.
#27clyde_ghostPosted 12/7/2012 8:19:49 PM
clyde_ghost posted...
clyde_ghost posted...

You neglect to see the part where I say "she's a HO" in much nicer words. Typical female player attitude, and I've seen/known many. Doesn't mean she IS a player, just seems like it to me.

It's pretty funny how the term "ho" gets thrown around a lot in a strange way. Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just fail to see your point. How is she a "ho" exactly? She doesn't flirt or get attached to anyone else. She didn't enjoy her idol life because they were "selling" her as a product. You've seen and known many, so have I and judging by our opposite opinions our experiences are obviously different. I mean if it just "seems" like it to you then it's kinda pointless to discuss it based off your assumption.
---
GT - Vanuber
PSN - Stylish_Lynx
#28DidYouMWISMePosted 12/7/2012 8:21:20 PM
I like Rise as a character despite opposing shipping her with the Protagonist. I usually choose the "just friends" route with her. To me, her personality and demeanor made her a better match for someone like Yosuke. Her and the Protag always felt forced, as Rise tends to just look arrogant and selfish every time she throws a fit over the Protag possibly liking someone who isn't her.

In fact, one of my few regrets with P4G is that they didn't revise the dating mechanics so you could set your SL friends up with each other. Playing as a gigolo has its charms, but it'd be more emotionally fulfilling if you could arrange other pairings each playthrough. That way you'd also have an incentive to remain monogamous while still unlocking additional content through your matchmaking.
---
The Legend of Snake: http://tinyurl.com/3cal86z
The LoS Instruction Manual: http://tinyurl.com/3jlax8h
#29Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/7/2012 8:26:52 PM
clyde_ghost posted...
clyde_ghost posted...
clyde_ghost posted...

It's pretty funny how the term "ho" gets thrown around a lot in a strange way. Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just fail to see your point. How is she a "ho" exactly? She doesn't flirt or get attached to anyone else. She didn't enjoy her idol life because they were "selling" her as a product. You've seen and known many, so have I and judging by our opposite opinions our experiences are obviously different. I mean if it just "seems" like it to you then it's kinda pointless to discuss it based off your assumption.

Anyone who falls for someone as quickly as she did is capable of doing the same twice. That is not hard to figure out.

And no, you're wrong. She also flirted with Yosuke at the Tofu shop first, then moved on to the MC and has occasional "iffy" moments with Kanji as well. She has that perky love muffin attitude with EVERYONE, which is a big red flag when it comes to choosing the right girl for a serious relationship.

How you don't see it, is beyond me. But let's just leave it at that. I'm tired of these "which is your favorite" or "why do you like this" topics and getting into arguments with people over what's only opinion.

I should stop posting my opinion to begin with, because people seem to target me simply because I'm blunt about what is not actual fact, just a belief. I can't give my reasons without someone jumping down my throat.
#30clyde_ghostPosted 12/7/2012 8:42:43 PM

Anyone who falls for someone as quickly as she did is capable of doing the same twice. That is not hard to figure out.

And no, you're wrong. She also flirted with Yosuke at the Tofu shop first, then moved on to the MC and has occasional "iffy" moments with Kanji as well. She has that perky love muffin attitude with EVERYONE, which is a big red flag when it comes to choosing the right girl for a serious relationship.

How you don't see it, is beyond me. But let's just leave it at that. I'm tired of these "which is your favorite" or "why do you like this" topics and getting into arguments with people over what's only opinion.

I should stop posting my opinion to begin with, because people seem to target me simply because I'm blunt about what is not actual fact, just a belief. I can't give my reasons without someone jumping down my throat.

See that's where you're mistaken. I'm not "jumping down your throat". I calmly posted stating that I didn't know what gave you that impression, hoping you'd clarify. It's really your own fault and issue if you sensed any hostility. I made clear note that we had different opinions and I was interested in hearing your reasoning. Just take a step back and stop being so defensive, I'm not like most kids on here who moan and whine just cause some one doesn't agree with me.

The way I see it her upbeat-get-along-with-everyone attitude is a plus. I didn't look at her interaction with Yosuke to be flirting. In fact, flirting may be just a debatable topic to begin with. Now with Kanji, most of what I took from that is she wonders why he's so unfriendly to her when she just wants to be friends.

And about what you said, "Anyone who falls for someone as quickly as she did is capable of doing the same twice. That is not hard to figure out." I agree and disagree. Sure it can happen again, but in all honesty, anyone can fall in love quickly given the proper reasons. Though I don't deny people can live a full life without it actually happening. I personally don't like to generalize just because of my personal experiences or what I witness. I believe in second chances and that people can change, which is part of Persona's story if you think about it.
---
GT - Vanuber
PSN - Stylish_Lynx