Actually, with Kanji, it's more like "how come you're not attracted to me?"

lol to each their own i guess
---
GT - Vanuber
PSN - Stylish_Lynx
#33Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/7/2012 9:55:23 PM
clyde_ghost posted...
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...

Anyone who falls for someone as quickly as she did is capable of doing the same twice. That is not hard to figure out.

And no, you're wrong. She also flirted with Yosuke at the Tofu shop first, then moved on to the MC and has occasional "iffy" moments with Kanji as well. She has that perky love muffin attitude with EVERYONE, which is a big red flag when it comes to choosing the right girl for a serious relationship.

How you don't see it, is beyond me. But let's just leave it at that. I'm tired of these "which is your favorite" or "why do you like this" topics and getting into arguments with people over what's only opinion.

I should stop posting my opinion to begin with, because people seem to target me simply because I'm blunt about what is not actual fact, just a belief. I can't give my reasons without someone jumping down my throat.

See that's where you're mistaken. I'm not "jumping down your throat". I calmly posted stating that I didn't know what gave you that impression, hoping you'd clarify. It's really your own fault and issue if you sensed any hostility. I made clear note that we had different opinions and I was interested in hearing your reasoning. Just take a step back and stop being so defensive, I'm not like most kids on here who moan and whine just cause some one doesn't agree with me.

The way I see it her upbeat-get-along-with-everyone attitude is a plus. I didn't look at her interaction with Yosuke to be flirting. In fact, flirting may be just a debatable topic to begin with. Now with Kanji, most of what I took from that is she wonders why he's so unfriendly to her when she just wants to be friends.

And about what you said, "Anyone who falls for someone as quickly as she did is capable of doing the same twice. That is not hard to figure out." I agree and disagree. Sure it can happen again, but in all honesty, anyone can fall in love quickly given the proper reasons. Though I don't deny people can live a full life without it actually happening. I personally don't like to generalize just because of my personal experiences or what I witness. I believe in second chances and that people can change, which is part of Persona's story if you think about it.

I apologize, I wasn't necessarily aiming that at you. I realize you've been civilized about this "debate" we are having. If you are upsetting me, believe me, you'll know. When someone goes so far as truly "argue," that's when I pull no punches.

And I see your points. It's just a case of experience I guess. I've known girls like that who flip on you without notice, and maybe you've known the same types to not be that way. Biases are going to be present in mine and all opinions with a topic as personal as romantic preference. It's unavoidable.
#34clyde_ghostPosted 12/7/2012 9:59:02 PM
clyde_ghost posted...

Anyone who falls for someone as quickly as she did is capable of doing the same twice. That is not hard to figure out.

And no, you're wrong. She also flirted with Yosuke at the Tofu shop first, then moved on to the MC and has occasional "iffy" moments with Kanji as well. She has that perky love muffin attitude with EVERYONE, which is a big red flag when it comes to choosing the right girl for a serious relationship.

How you don't see it, is beyond me. But let's just leave it at that. I'm tired of these "which is your favorite" or "why do you like this" topics and getting into arguments with people over what's only opinion.

I should stop posting my opinion to begin with, because people seem to target me simply because I'm blunt about what is not actual fact, just a belief. I can't give my reasons without someone jumping down my throat.

See that's where you're mistaken. I'm not "jumping down your throat". I calmly posted stating that I didn't know what gave you that impression, hoping you'd clarify. It's really your own fault and issue if you sensed any hostility. I made clear note that we had different opinions and I was interested in hearing your reasoning. Just take a step back and stop being so defensive, I'm not like most kids on here who moan and whine just cause some one doesn't agree with me.

The way I see it her upbeat-get-along-with-everyone attitude is a plus. I didn't look at her interaction with Yosuke to be flirting. In fact, flirting may be just a debatable topic to begin with. Now with Kanji, most of what I took from that is she wonders why he's so unfriendly to her when she just wants to be friends.

And about what you said, "Anyone who falls for someone as quickly as she did is capable of doing the same twice. That is not hard to figure out." I agree and disagree. Sure it can happen again, but in all honesty, anyone can fall in love quickly given the proper reasons. Though I don't deny people can live a full life without it actually happening. I personally don't like to generalize just because of my personal experiences or what I witness. I believe in second chances and that people can change, which is part of Persona's story if you think about it.

I apologize, I wasn't necessarily aiming that at you. I realize you've been civilized about this "debate" we are having. If you are upsetting me, believe me, you'll know. When someone goes so far as truly "argue," that's when I pull no punches.

And I see your points. It's just a case of experience I guess. I've known girls like that who flip on you without notice, and maybe you've known the same types to not be that way. Biases are going to be present in mine and all opinions with a topic as personal as romantic preference. It's unavoidable.

Now there's a tune I can dance to. I suppose thats what it comes down to, personal experiences. Especially with the Persona cast it can get personal at times due to attachment.
---
GT - Vanuber
PSN - Stylish_Lynx
#35RikkettikPosted 12/7/2012 10:06:59 PM
Because, and I copy what I wrote in another topic about them girls:

"I have always felt attracted to extroverted girls and Rise fits that bill nicely as she's outgoing, energetic and bubbly, while, refreshingly, quite down-to-earth at the same time. I love how she isn't such a prude as Chie and Yukiko--who even act offended when you do so much as compliment them in the presence of others--shows confidence in her body and her appearance, and isn't afraid to take the initiative when she wants something or someone."

And I don't find her all that clingy actually. Yeah, she likes to get your attention and hear you say nice words about her when you're together, but she isn't calling you everyday or something like that. In fact, I am somewhere in August now and I believe I haven't seen her in a week or even longer. So that's quite cool; she likes, eh, 'intimacy' but she also lets you live your own life.

That said, I still think Chie is the all around best girl. She's just not the type I feel attracted to. Rise is.
#36Probit_ReturnPosted 12/7/2012 10:30:14 PM
It's not that I don't like Rise. I think she's a decent, kind girl. It's just that I feel her character isn't nearly as well developed as others in the series. Her clinginess can be annoying at times, but unless I'm playing a harem playthrough (it which case I say bring it on), I can easily ignore her flirting by imaging the MC thinking things like "Um, yeah, back it up Shirley. These doors don't open for you" or other things that sound more humorous in my head than they actually are.

But what really kind of makes me not care is her social link. In my opinion, it feels very weak and shallow, and comes across more as her being jealous of the girl who is getting a big break thanks to her decision to quit, and less of her coming to terms with her true self because in her own words "there is no 'real' me" and she appears to be fine with that (which I think was a pretty bad direction to take personally. It feels like a cop out). I understand that she desires for people to see her as more than Risette, but they really could have done something more with it, especially when she "Risettes out" so often.

But Arena does give her a bit of a boost in character development.

Again, this is all just my own personal opinion, not meant to reflect what anyone thinks but me.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#37PataHikariPosted 12/7/2012 10:37:21 PM
For one thing, she's not a "ho" and I'm pretty shocked you think she is.
---
Equation to tell if a game is overrated: L - P > 4
If people(P) subtracted from people who like the game(L) is greater then 4, then the game is overrated.
#38PhantasyStar23(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 10:42:49 PM
PataHikari posted...

I use that term very loosely I guess. Rise's bubbly, perky, happy, and friendly, which is great. If anything, Japanese developers need to make more female characters like this. Girls that are confident in their looks and can actually take a damn compliment without blushing. That's how girls these days act anyway (at least, the ones I hang with).

Yet Rise bothers me for some reason. I don't dislike her in any way. blegh, it's weird.
---
GT: PhantazyStar | PSN: PhantasyStar23
Japanese Dubs: Raw passion | English Dubs: Actual personality
#39Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/7/2012 10:47:58 PM
PataHikari posted...

I don't take comments that don't attempt to back up their claims seriously. So how about you explain to me why you'd be shocked someone would think that way, when I and others have given you reasons to the contrary (at least in our opinions, not fact) and maybe I'll take you seriously.

Or just randomly post with nothing to contribute other then an implied insult towards those with that opinion, like a troll. Whichever you prefer.
#40heyitsthatguy11Posted 12/7/2012 10:48:33 PM
Because she's adorable when she's not being too flirty. When she's ALL OVER the MC thats when she's annoying. She wasn't my favorite girl till the anime though, but before that, she was my second fave (to Chie). And she cares about her friends (Though that's the thing I love about the cast as a whole).

But since anime Rise =/= P4 Rise, it goes like this: Anime Rise > Chie > Game Rise > Marie > Naoto > Yukiko.
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjf48W3Dg98