Why do you like Rise?

#41Vanquish04Posted 12/7/2012 9:53:49 PM
Because Laura Bailey.

Hence why I hate her Japanese voice, I hate Japanese Rise, Rie Kugimiya is one of the good VA's that I don't appreciate, same with Japanese Teddie,
#42heyitsthatguy11Posted 12/7/2012 9:53:58 PM
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
PataHikari posted...
For one thing, she's not a "ho" and I'm pretty shocked you think she is.

I don't take comments that don't attempt to back up their claims seriously. So how about you explain to me why you'd be shocked someone would think that way, when I and others have given you reasons to the contrary (at least in our opinions, not fact) and maybe I'll take you seriously.

Or just randomly post with nothing to contribute other then an implied insult towards those with that opinion, like a troll. Whichever you prefer.

Well she's not a ho. I didn't read your post because I don't feel like scrolling up and skimming through the everything that's already been said but, I don't see her as a ho. I mean she's not all over every guy, just the MC, because she just... likes him. And if you listen to what she says, she's really an assertive person... basically flirting with Yu all the time to make sure she has him all to herself...
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjf48W3Dg98
#43PataHikariPosted 12/7/2012 9:54:15 PM
Anyone who falls for someone as quickly as she did is capable of doing the same twice. That is not hard to figure out.

And no, you're wrong. She also flirted with Yosuke at the Tofu shop first, then moved on to the MC and has occasional "iffy" moments with Kanji as well. She has that perky love muffin attitude with EVERYONE, which is a big red flag when it comes to choosing the right girl for a serious relationship.

How you don't see it, is beyond me. But let's just leave it at that. I'm tired of these "which is your favorite" or "why do you like this" topics and getting into arguments with people over what's only opinion.

I should stop posting my opinion to begin with, because people seem to target me simply because I'm blunt about what is not actual fact, just a belief. I can't give my reasons without someone jumping down my throat.

Holy crap I just made a post based on the OP.

Then I see THIS piece of work. This is amazing. Some amazing fundamental failure of comprehension here.

In the first place, at no point does she flirt with Youske OR Kanji. You seem to think that "friendly interaction = flirting" which says some pretty terrible things about your thoughts on women.

Heck, I'm going to state it outright. Your "opinions" are rooted in some terrible sexism and misogyny. A friendly, outgoing, and confident girl is a whore (Yes, a whore. Shortening it to two letters does not change it) because she dares pursue a man she likes rather then stand there passively.
---
Equation to tell if a game is overrated: L - P > 4
If people(P) subtracted from people who like the game(L) is greater then 4, then the game is overrated.
#44Trailblazer34Posted 12/7/2012 10:03:29 PM
Azure_Flame posted...
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like her. Her sudden "Thanks for saving me, I love you guys!" was entertaining, but her clinginess towards the protag just got old after a while.

Now, if we're talking about Naoto on the other hand...

awwww yeah.

punctuated for emphasis
#45Sephiroth ClonePosted 12/7/2012 10:05:00 PM
Because stripper, and Laura Bailey
---
Current Playing: With myself.
PSN: ThePorl.
#46ImASadPandaPosted 12/7/2012 10:15:01 PM
She's the only "almost decent" girl in this game from the main party. She doesn't put her hands on anyone like Yukiko/Chie for stupid reasons, she's fun and up for anything unlike Naoto. Sure she's not a plot mover like the other girls but she's extremely useful in battle to me. Honestly if it wasn't for her when I was playing on "very hard" would have shot myself.
#47PhantasyStar23(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 10:19:37 PM
PataHikari posted...
Anyone who falls for someone as quickly as she did is capable of doing the same twice. That is not hard to figure out.

And no, you're wrong. She also flirted with Yosuke at the Tofu shop first, then moved on to the MC and has occasional "iffy" moments with Kanji as well. She has that perky love muffin attitude with EVERYONE, which is a big red flag when it comes to choosing the right girl for a serious relationship.

How you don't see it, is beyond me. But let's just leave it at that. I'm tired of these "which is your favorite" or "why do you like this" topics and getting into arguments with people over what's only opinion.

I should stop posting my opinion to begin with, because people seem to target me simply because I'm blunt about what is not actual fact, just a belief. I can't give my reasons without someone jumping down my throat.

Then I see THIS piece of work. This is amazing. Some amazing fundamental failure of comprehension here.

In the first place, at no point does she flirt with Youske OR Kanji. You seem to think that "friendly interaction = flirting" which says some pretty terrible things about your thoughts on women.

Heck, I'm going to state it outright. Your "opinions" are rooted in some terrible sexism and misogyny. A friendly, outgoing, and confident girl is a whore (Yes, a whore. Shortening it to two letters does not change it) because she dares pursue a man she likes rather then stand there passively.

lolol calm down dude

and sorry, I actually use the word ho interchangeably with overly flirty and/or money-hungry. Whore is more like you're going around having sex with different guys, which Rise obviously doesn't.

If someone thinks she's a ho, then so be it. If not, then alright then.
---
GT: PhantazyStar | PSN: PhantasyStar23
Japanese Dubs: Raw passion | English Dubs: Actual personality
#48Trigger_WalnutPosted 12/7/2012 10:22:12 PM
47 posts about this.

"Why do you like Rise"

"Because I have different tastes than you. Just let it be. I'm not gonna like your favorite characters because we go back and forth."

and we should be done.
---
There is no help for some people. They have no balance of emotion and logic. Only emotion.~HornySalaryman
#49heyitsthatguy11Posted 12/7/2012 10:25:18 PM
Trigger_Walnut posted...
47 posts about this.

"Why do you like Rise"

"Because I have different tastes than you. Just let it be. I'm not gonna like your favorite characters because we go back and forth."

and we should be done.

/Topic
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjf48W3Dg98
#50Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/7/2012 10:35:57 PM
PataHikari posted...

Rise: (blushing, to Yosuke) "It's okay, it was actually pretty cute that you cared enough to warn me."

Lol, you really are dense, huh? Her inner Shadow was a "ho" that means in some form, exaggeration or not, a "ho" is a part of her personality.

Your logic has been defunct by a fundamental theme of this game: that your "inner self" is a part of you. So there, she's in some way, form, fashion, etc. a "ho."

Now stop attempting to insult my logic when the game itself backs me up.