Why do you like Rise?

#51Savage_mudcrapPosted 12/7/2012 10:40:01 PM
She is Young and very easily tricked. She is the type of girl you can decided into doing anal on the first date, because it's not really losing her virginity.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QU84C.jpg
#52Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/7/2012 10:40:59 PM
PataHikari posted...
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
Anyone who falls for someone as quickly as she did is capable of doing the same twice. That is not hard to figure out.

And no, you're wrong. She also flirted with Yosuke at the Tofu shop first, then moved on to the MC and has occasional "iffy" moments with Kanji as well. She has that perky love muffin attitude with EVERYONE, which is a big red flag when it comes to choosing the right girl for a serious relationship.

How you don't see it, is beyond me. But let's just leave it at that. I'm tired of these "which is your favorite" or "why do you like this" topics and getting into arguments with people over what's only opinion.

I should stop posting my opinion to begin with, because people seem to target me simply because I'm blunt about what is not actual fact, just a belief. I can't give my reasons without someone jumping down my throat.

Holy crap I just made a post based on the OP.

Then I see THIS piece of work. This is amazing. Some amazing fundamental failure of comprehension here.

In the first place, at no point does she flirt with Youske OR Kanji. You seem to think that "friendly interaction = flirting" which says some pretty terrible things about your thoughts on women.

Heck, I'm going to state it outright. Your "opinions" are rooted in some terrible sexism and misogyny. A friendly, outgoing, and confident girl is a whore (Yes, a whore. Shortening it to two letters does not change it) because she dares pursue a man she likes rather then stand there passively.

And lol, I've already admitted to someone who isn't a d*** about his opposing opinion that I have biases. We all have biases. Get over it. It's not "sexist" it's my personal experience. Read ALL my posts before strapping me to a general group of intolerant people, especially since you're intolerant of my opinion (hypocritical, don't you think?).
#53Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/7/2012 10:46:07 PM
I'm tired of this crap.

I speak from experience, use facts from the game itself to explain my logic, admit it is opinion and OPINION ALONE, but you still find a reason to belittle me.

I am not the intolerant one here, THE ONES BLATANTLY INSULTING ME ARE. You are hypocrites, talking about sexism and intolerance then choosing to be intolerant towards me at the same time.

It's astounding that we can call ourselves "superior" to anything in this existence. Find an excuse to argue with someone else and reveal your hypocrisies, because I'm done with this thread.
#54Trigger_WalnutPosted 12/7/2012 10:54:37 PM
Find an excuse to argue with someone else and reveal your hypocrisies, because I'm done with this thread.

The only posts I read were the ones after mine, but thank you. idk why you're mad, but the sooner this dies, the better.
---
There is no help for some people. They have no balance of emotion and logic. Only emotion.~HornySalaryman
#55RinkuTanukiPosted 12/7/2012 10:55:52 PM
Well, this thread escalated quickly.
#56PhantasyStar23(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 10:58:37 PM
whoa Birth By Sorrow, did you just double post? C'mon man, you gotta relax. I think we're all done here, and I've pretty much got my answer from a handful of people here.

I asked why people like Rise, and they gave me some fine answers. I'm still not that into her, but I do know why people are.
---
GT: PhantazyStar | PSN: PhantasyStar23
Japanese Dubs: Raw passion | English Dubs: Actual personality
#57IAmMC2Posted 12/7/2012 11:16:09 PM
Because she's a positive source of morale which is pretty much exactly what you need when you're gambling with your lives in a supernatural serial murder case where people die for seemingly no reason.

Also she's sexy.
---
Rage kicked by DarkfflareEX in P4A for beating his ass. Like a bawse.
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#58IAmMC2Posted 12/7/2012 11:18:08 PM
Oh yeah, she's also the only character to use her persona precisely after awakening to it, everyone else had to rest up.
---
Rage kicked by DarkfflareEX in P4A for beating his ass. Like a bawse.
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#59SparNar607Posted 12/7/2012 11:20:04 PM
IAmMC2 posted...
Because she's a positive source of morale which is pretty much exactly what you need when you're gambling with your lives in a supernatural serial murder case where people die for seemingly no reason.

Also she's sexy.

The morale comment would be much more fitting if she was in P2/P3.
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#60PataHikariPosted 12/8/2012 12:09:26 AM
Your logic has been defunct by a fundamental theme of this game: that your "inner self" is a part of you. So there, she's in some way, form, fashion, etc. a "ho.".

You're an idiot as well as a sexist jackass (surprise!)

Rise's Shadow is a mix of her fear of being seen as nothing but a sex object (Huh, almost the exact opposite of being a whore) and a desire for people to see the "real her." What the Shadows are are absolutely not to be taken literally and the fact that you don't grasp this shows your complete inability to understand symbolism and context.
---
Equation to tell if a game is overrated: L - P > 4
If people(P) subtracted from people who like the game(L) is greater then 4, then the game is overrated.