Why do you like Rise?

#61xsniper90xPosted 12/8/2012 1:10:19 AM
because rise.
---
TO ALL MODS ON GAMEFAQS!! QUIT THIS STUPID CRAP ABOUT ME FLAMING OR CENSOR BYPASSING. ITS GETTING OLD AND YOU ALL NEED TO GROW UP.
#62PataHikariPosted 12/8/2012 1:15:56 AM
OK guys Birth_By_Sorrow has confirmed that there's absolutely no deeper meaning the characters and their Shadows.

Yukiko is all about getting the hot studs, Chie is a dominatrix, Kanji runs around in a bath towel ALL THE TIME and is camp, Naoto is a mad scientist and I don't know what Youske is, some kind of Ninja Frog? Maybe he should spend time with Splinter.
---
Equation to tell if a game is overrated: L - P > 4
If people(P) subtracted from people who like the game(L) is greater then 4, then the game is overrated.
#63PataHikariPosted 12/8/2012 1:16:30 AM
And Rise's a filthy whore for flirting with guys, how dare she.

The slut.
---
Equation to tell if a game is overrated: L - P > 4
If people(P) subtracted from people who like the game(L) is greater then 4, then the game is overrated.
#64pronouncemynamePosted 12/8/2012 1:59:43 AM
Just did the new year's event with Rise.

Dat kimono.
#65MidgardDragon99Posted 12/8/2012 3:09:52 AM
'cause she is open about digging MC, refuses to be all "proper" about it like the other girls. She's got her own emotional issues and wasn't always the outgoing girl she is now, and doesn't always want to be the girl she is now but she works through it in a non-whiny manner. Also Rise is the most OP support character ever and is ultra-awesome in dungeon gameplay for that. Finally, she looks the best in a bikini.

The last part is a joke. Clearly Kanji looks the best in a (seaweed) bikini.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#66MidgardDragon99Posted 12/8/2012 3:15:25 AM
Savage_mudcrap posted...
She is Young and very easily tricked. She is the type of girl you can decided into doing anal on the first date, because it's not really losing her virginity.

People who talk about tricking a girl who has never done anal into doing anal clearly have never actually done anal and don't realize what a bad experience it can be for the guy AND gal when one is not properly prepared for it.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#67LinkofHyrule991Posted 12/8/2012 3:42:05 AM
falugalob posted...
Have you guys seen the stuff she'll do for you in this game in battle? She'll literally save your ass if you die.

I think Rise was my MVP during the True End Boss on hard this time around
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner
#68WhiteRabbitKiziPosted 12/8/2012 3:57:18 AM
This is actually a funny topic to me. When I originally played p4 I didn't like Rise. i figured she was too flirty for my tastes. Actually ended up going with Yukiko.

Now I just finished a run where I went just for Rise and my opinions of her have changed quite a lot. I see her personality as as energetic, outgoing, and happy. Her flirtatious nature seems two fold: half based on her own insecurities and need for others to like her, and the other half a defense mechanism making it difficult for anyone to get close to the other her.

After reading some of the other opinions here (a long winded adult discussion and a childish attacker) I figured it could be worth mentioning my opinion.

As a precaution: PLEASE NOTE: My opinion is just that, an opinion. -_-

I don't believe that the way the game portrays Rise is as a "whore". In fact, I believe her shadow and dungeon signify the exact opposite. Her shadow is very...erm... sexually open. This is representing her hidden self in the fact that she sees herself as the populace sees her: a sex figure and an idol. Her fear that she may become such a thing was projected onto her psyche and created her shadow. So while she, in fact, would never strip or become like that, her fear that she was that or was being perceived as that made her believe she was, thus creating her shadow.

To reiterate my point is simple: Rise at heart is not the sex figure the public was seeing her as, but is instead a girl who desires attention as a means for proving her own worth. As this is her nature, it is true that she would want people to recognize her and would continue being an idol, but her inner nature and feelings about loyalty are just as strong as any of the other girls.

My original opinion of her was the same as a few others, that she was too easy. Having experienced her path now and seen just how determined she is to stay with MC, my opinion as changed. If this was the case of her hopping on the bandwagon for the next most interesting thing then there is no way she would be willing to put herself at such emotional risk for the MC.

Well...I feel like there was more I wanted to say but I pretty well went off on a rant and forgot it all. XD

Anyway... that's just my opinion of her. I think she has just as much depth as the other love path girls; you only need to look a little harder to see it.
---
GT: WhiteRabbitKizi
#69thompsontalker7Posted 12/8/2012 7:39:07 PM
MidgardDragon99 posted...
Also Rise is the most OP support character ever and is ultra-awesome in dungeon gameplay for that.

As much as I like Rise, nope. Fuuka can use her Persona in Arena without being in the TV World.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
Owning white sneakers are like raising a kid, they all end up corrupted if you're not careful.
#70Raven236Posted 12/8/2012 7:39:50 PM
I much prefer Chie...
---
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura