Ways to Get Bad Endings (SPOILERS)

#11SparNar607Posted 12/7/2012 10:09:20 PM
KADFC posted...
wilfreda posted...
For the Accomplice end, you do have to make certain choices in that meeting on 3/20. I went in pretty much blind, but I just chose all the dialogue options that made me feel really bad about myself, like (I'm paraphrasing) "I'm on your side" or "I'm not here to make you turn yourself in." If you successfully convince him that you're genuinely his ally, he'll go get the letter and challenge you to burn it.

Actually I kept a save from before the turning point on 12/5 so if you want I can load it up and try to remember what the "right" options are to get the Accomplice ending.

If you can, that would be awesome. I'm on it right now, but still testing it.

SparNar607 posted...
Shouldn't you sticky this thread so it shows up as one of the first topics?

Is it even sticky worthy? I mean, it's just a question

I'd say it's sticky worth. Obtaining the Bad ends is being discussed here right? Someone is sure to ask this question again so why not have it at the forefront?
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#12wilfredaPosted 12/7/2012 10:15:56 PM(edited)
KADFC posted...
wilfreda posted...
For the Accomplice end, you do have to make certain choices in that meeting on 3/20. I went in pretty much blind, but I just chose all the dialogue options that made me feel really bad about myself, like (I'm paraphrasing) "I'm on your side" or "I'm not here to make you turn yourself in." If you successfully convince him that you're genuinely his ally, he'll go get the letter and challenge you to burn it.

Actually I kept a save from before the turning point on 12/5 so if you want I can load it up and try to remember what the "right" options are to get the Accomplice ending.

If you can, that would be awesome. I'm on it right now, but still testing it.

Okay, here it is. Pretty simple.

Did you do it?
No.
No.
I'm on your side.
Yes.

And then you have to choose to burn the letter, of course.
#13KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 11:39:47 PM(edited)
SparNar607 posted...
I'd say it's sticky worth. Obtaining the Bad ends is being discussed here right? Someone is sure to ask this question again so why not have it at the forefront?

In 20 words, or 1 sentence, what would your reason to the board moderator be? I attempted to give a reason for it being a sticky, but I'm scared. It's outside my comfort zone.

wilfreda posted...
Okay, here it is. Pretty simple.

Did you do it?
No.
No.
I'm on your side.
Yes.

And then you have to choose to burn the letter, of course.

Yeah, that worked, thanks!

I spent the last half an hour just typing the whole script. If anyone wants to read it, I guess I can upload it, but it will be included in the next update to my guide. It won't be in the main walkthrough because that's just plain spoilers. It will be at the end.

Now, I'm curious though. For perfectionist sakes, just because of this Jester Slink, doesn't it require at least 3 playthroughs then?
1) Get True End to Face Marg
2) Defeat Marg
3) Get Accomplice in order to Magatsu-Izanagi

And for it to actually make sense, you should do the Accomplice ending first because you won't be able to fuse Magatsu right away, you need to replay the game again. So make more senses to, in this order:
1) Get Accomplice in order to Magatsu-Izanagi
2) Get True End to Face Marg (Fuse Magatsu)
3) Face/Defeat Marg (Fuse InO, thus 100% Compendium)

This assumption is correct right? Or since InO isn't in Compendium, we can get it on our 2nd time through and just defeat Marg on the 3rd?
#14SparNar607Posted 12/7/2012 11:39:03 PM
You don't need to do the Accomplice End to get Magatsu-Izanagi. If you confront Adachi alone after you out him as the killer and continue on the path toward the True End, you can still get Magatsu Izanagi.
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#15KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 11:40:11 PM
SparNar607 posted...
You don't need to do the Accomplice End to get Magatsu-Izanagi. If you confront Adachi alone after you out him as the killer and continue on the path toward the True End, you can still get Magatsu Izanagi.

OMG! Thank you!
#16SparNar607Posted 12/7/2012 11:40:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]