How to get ultimate Personas?

#1Liv3urwayPosted 12/8/2012 10:10:54 AM
So i just maxed Yosuke's s link and got "Buddy's Bandage" and i heard that i can receive the ultimate magician persona, but how do i get it?
#2thehikikomoriPosted 12/8/2012 10:11:51 AM
You can unlock the third tier personas in January. It works much like regular s-link in that they'll approach you at lunch to let you know.
#3ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/8/2012 10:13:04 AM
You fuse them.
#4Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/8/2012 10:21:07 AM
Liv3urway posted...
So i just maxed Yosuke's s link and got "Buddy's Bandage" and i heard that i can receive the ultimate magician persona, but how do i get it?

You fuse her using normal or triple spread, but you need to be a certain level (forgot what her level is) and have higher level Persona to get her to come up on the Search function in the Velvet Room. You'll get her eventually, don't worry. ^_^
#5CantidoPosted 12/8/2012 10:21:47 AM
He's talking about the Ultimate Arcana Personas, Loki, Surt, Scathath, etc.

Come to think of it, how DO you get these personas? I fused Loki by using the Search function, but I'd like the others as well. What is the formula for each one?
---
Two Pyramid Heads walk into a bar.
There were no survivors.
#6Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/8/2012 10:26:04 AM
Cantido posted...

Come to think of it, how DO you get these personas? I fused Loki by using the Search function, but I'd like the others as well. What is the formula for each one?

Surt is not an Ultimate Persona. He is available regardless of a Maxed S.Link or not.

They have no formula. They go by the normal fusion principles. Certain Aracana when fused with another will almost always yield one and only one type of Arcana. The exact combinations to create a Magician I don't remember off the top of my head, but the levels of the fusion materials also matter, so you'll need higher level Personas of those Arcana for Scathatch to show up.
#7mongopikisPosted 12/8/2012 10:30:36 AM
You can just rank up fusion.

Mada = Rangda + Dis + Surt. POW!

Scathach = Kikuri-hime + Parvati + Nobody uses Scathach seriously anyway
#8CantidoPosted 12/8/2012 10:33:59 AM
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
Cantido posted...

Surt is not an Ultimate Persona. He is available regardless of a Maxed S.Link or not.

They have no formula. They go by the normal fusion principles. Certain Aracana when fused with another will almost always yield one and only one type of Arcana. The exact combinations to create a Magician I don't remember off the top of my head, but the levels of the fusion materials also matter, so you'll need higher level Personas of those Arcana for Scathatch to show up.

Bah! Surt is ultimate in P3, whoops!
---
Two Pyramid Heads walk into a bar.
There were no survivors.
#9Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/8/2012 10:35:05 AM
mongopikis posted...
You can just rank up fusion.

Mada = Rangda + Dis + Surt. POW!

Scathach = Kikuri-hime + Parvati + Nobody uses Scathach seriously anyway

You can use ANY Persona seriously in Golden. Skill Cards and stat increases during Shuffle Time make it very simple.

Triple fusions work that way, yes. But a fusion of two of the same Arcana will yield a lower level Persona of that Arcana. So Kikuri-Hime + Parvati would not work.
#10xsniper90xPosted 12/8/2012 11:33:53 AM
some max social link personas will fuse from a 5 spread or 6 spread. others you might possibly get from just the search function. it will either be 2 or 3 spread, but i would rather just use search for that.

if you mean the ultimate personas for your friends, wait till later in the game after maxing the social links.
---
TO ALL MODS ON GAMEFAQS!! QUIT THIS STUPID CRAP ABOUT ME FLAMING OR CENSOR BYPASSING. ITS GETTING OLD AND YOU ALL NEED TO GROW UP.