Kanji worth taking with?

#51Boomerang78Posted 12/9/2012 5:48:33 AM
Just use whoever you want. The characters are much better in Golden. You can honestly use a so-called "terrible" party and still go through the game blazing like a master.

I personally use the characters I like the most (meaning Yosuke and Kanji never left my party).

The only problem with the game is that the game sort of forces you to switch in a new party member (for example, the dungeon after you get Teddie uses a lot of Ice attacks, which Yukiko is weak against, so the game sorta forces you to switch out Yukiko) at certain times, leaving those characters underleveled. But, stick with the right characters and you'll be fine.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yD9N0.gif
#52Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 12/9/2012 5:49:11 AM
synthetiksin posted...
What I meant is that it takes about 5 sp to recast Dance which is basically a super tease in which you can't redo it again unless you use an acc that you shouldn't be using or wasting a turn to get 5 sp.

Problem with Kanji is he has quite possibly the crappiest Mag growth (.5 as much as Chie, actually). So Ziodyne and Elec amp is good but it's pretty much trying to level with Chie's magic and taking up an extra slot. So they come out about the same in terms of magic but at the price of an extra slot. It really all comes down to less damaging single physical with potential high damaging aoe vs super high damaging single.

Meaning preference.

-dyne base power is higher, kanji ziodyne/maziodyne hit slightly higher than chie bufula (both without boost/amp) despite their 20+ mag differences, if you add amp, kanji will outdamage chie for sure
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#53synthetiksinPosted 12/9/2012 6:19:57 AM(edited)
Silfurbor_Negla posted...
-dyne base power is higher, kanji ziodyne/maziodyne hit slightly higher than chie bufula (both without boost/amp) despite their 20+ mag differences, if you add amp, kanji will outdamage chie for sure

Granted I never took the time to actually test it, but are you using just straight out damage output or the actual game mechanic formula that factors in mag? Because 33 vs 87 Mag difference seems like a huge gap and using that in a calculation on the same enemy with the same levels between characters and mob would definitely would be a big change in damage.

Ok just tested it, Yukiko's castle, against the Calm Pesce and mouth things, no resistances and weakness and weak to both ice and lightning, respectively. Kanji has both lightning boost and amp. Chie has ice boost. Chie and Kanji are both level 99. Difficulty is normal. No acc (default).

Bufula does 485 against fish test 1
Ziodyne does 581 against fish test 1
Bufula does 495 against fish test 2
Ziodyne does 541 against fish test 2
Bufula does 723 against mout test 1
Ziodyne does 730 against mouth test 1
Bufula does 760 against mouth test 2
Ziodyne does 745 against mouth test 2

So while Kanji DOES outdamage her slightly, I do have both boost and amp in his skill tree for some stupid reason. But based on these numbers Kanji IS basically just playing catch up because of his low mag rating, if you take into consideration the extra SP used (neglible but there) and how his elemental skills ARE -dyne level.
#54Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 12/9/2012 6:06:28 AM
synthetiksin posted...
Silfurbor_Negla posted...

Granted I never took the time to actually test it, but are you using just straight out damage output or the actual game mechanic formula that factors in mag? Because 33 vs 87 Mag difference seems like a huge gap and using that in a calculation on the same enemy with the same levels between characters and mob would definitely would be a big change in damage.

33 vs 87? Chie lv99 got 57 mag, kanji lv99 got 34 mag, its 23 mag differrences
I tested straight from battle using MC bufula with 57 mag persona vs kanji maziodyne since I discard chies bufula, both lv99, on same enemy without boost/amp, and kanjis maziodyne hit higher than MC bufula
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#55synthetiksinPosted 12/9/2012 6:26:37 AM(edited)
57* my mistake but I have already stated 57 earlier but whatever.

Also a 23 point difference is still pretty big considering how much damage you can deal from 99 compared to a 76.
#56SilverwyrmPosted 12/9/2012 6:29:16 AM
solidoutlaw posted...
NessCypher posted...
replace chie with kanji

But I like Chie :(
Is she that bad? I was actually considering replacing Yosuke.

In Golden both chie and kanji are much better with their s link skills, you can use them both, but make sure your MC has some kind of back up healer persona to help out yuki/teddy if needed. Although if your taking chie, id say go with yuki for last so no element overlap

Darkside83 posted...
returnal posted...
It's mostly up to you... people usually either take him or Chie.

I usually take Kanji, but that's just because I like his character a lot more. Kanji only gets single target physical attacks (or at least high end ones), but he does get Primal Force... which is ridiculous.

speaking of Primal Force can i get that on MC? if so how?

Yes, it is on Beelzebub, he can also turn it into card at cafe. Thats max Devil s link persona (currently using a beelzebub thats immune to everything but almighty :P )