I feel disgusted when a "Souji" comes to my SOS call

#31Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/12/2012 9:32:53 PM
WRRYYYYers posted...
That's pretty petty.

I used Yu as well, but if they want to use Souji I don't care. Yu is the video game canon name, Soiji is the manga canon name. As long as you don't dispute that, do whatever you like.

And since I don't talk to them, how can they dispute it? So more power to em.

There is nothing canon about the name Souji. Yu is not 2 people. He is just one person. And his name is Yu.

They are two different mediums my friend. There are multiple canons: a game canon (considered THE canon), a manga canon, and an anime canon. All "canon" means is what counts as far as plot for that particular medium. And the plot for the manga medium has his name as "Soiji." Just because it's not "THE" canon doesn't mean it isn't canon within it's own medium.

But all that aside, get over it dude. They can name him whatever they like.
#32weirdjake52Posted 12/12/2012 9:33:13 PM
Gamemaster64 posted...
weirdjake52 posted...
it's way better than the dozens of Yu Narukami.

i know not everybody is creative when coming up with names or too lazy to use anything other than the Animation's name, but it still a little tiresome to see

besides people are free to name the Protagonist with whatever crazy name they can fit in 8 spaces

Never played arena? It not just his animation name, it his canon name.

well that's your opinion. i didn't play Arena because i don't have the cash nor the time for it but to me that name is only so the announcer doesn't have to say "Protagonist" all the time
---
PSN: WhiteStorm910
If they localize Innocence R and Hearts R, my PSVita library will skyrocket to 3. (P4G is the other)
#33WRRYYYYers(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 9:34:12 PM
Thanks a lot, guys. I got my main dude killed by a Hamaon because I was too distracted with this thread. You guys are ridiculous.
---
120% Scientific Magno-Swag [King of Tager]
http://i.imgur.com/2145H.jpg
#34Nightmare637Posted 12/12/2012 9:35:04 PM
I know this is going to come back and bite me but...

You started it.
#35Azure_FlamePosted 12/12/2012 9:35:55 PM
WRRYYYYers posted...
Thanks a lot, guys. I got my main dude killed by a Hamaon because I was too distracted with this thread. You guys are ridiculous.

Serves you ****ing right.
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#36thompsontalker7Posted 12/12/2012 9:36:06 PM
Jimmies= rustled

Also, not a single eggplant/Homoluclus? lol
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
Owning white sneakers are like raising a kid, they all end up corrupted if you're not careful.
#37bladedaxePosted 12/12/2012 9:36:45 PM
weirdjake52 posted...
Gamemaster64 posted...
weirdjake52 posted...

i know not everybody is creative when coming up with names or too lazy to use anything other than the Animation's name, but it still a little tiresome to see

besides people are free to name the Protagonist with whatever crazy name they can fit in 8 spaces

well that's your opinion. i didn't play Arena because i don't have the cash nor the time for it but to me that name is only so the announcer doesn't have to say "Protagonist" all the time

That wasn't an opinion. That was a statement. He actually is named Yu Narukami in both the Anime and P4A. It is his canon name.
---
You get the option to skip the tutorial stuff, so you'll start right at the balls. - Jabodie
#38WRRYYYYers(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2012 9:39:03 PM
Jimmies= rustled

Also, not a single eggplant/Homoluclus? lol

Actually I did have one but I wish that I didn't have to waste it just now. That's fine. I'll grow more.
---
Emperor Kanji Approved Smashtastic Swag Style
http://i.imgur.com/5E48Z.png
#39weirdjake52Posted 12/12/2012 9:41:38 PM
besides i only use SOS so i can send help to other people. if i could send help without requesting for aid first then i would have just used it once or twice

and you being shanked by Hamaon? party members not jumping in or going through a solo-run? i can only assume you're at least mid-end game
---
PSN: WhiteStorm910
If they localize Innocence R and Hearts R, my PSVita library will skyrocket to 3. (P4G is the other)
#40LinkofHyrule991Posted 12/12/2012 9:55:47 PM
weirdjake52 posted...
Gamemaster64 posted...
weirdjake52 posted...

You do realize that Arena has an actual canon story to it right?
---
It's over, you've lost the game. -Near
I don't remember Redd White changing his name to Bandit Keith. Not even in America.-Aceburner