I feel disgusted when a "Souji" comes to my SOS call

#41weirdjake52Posted 12/12/2012 9:03:37 PM
LinkofHyrule991 posted...
weirdjake52 posted...
Gamemaster64 posted...
weirdjake52 posted...
it's way better than the dozens of Yu Narukami.

i know not everybody is creative when coming up with names or too lazy to use anything other than the Animation's name, but it still a little tiresome to see

besides people are free to name the Protagonist with whatever crazy name they can fit in 8 spaces

Never played arena? It not just his animation name, it his canon name.

well that's your opinion. i didn't play Arena because i don't have the cash nor the time for it but to me that name is only so the announcer doesn't have to say "Protagonist" all the time

You do realize that Arena has an actual canon story to it right?

yup. watched my buddy play the story.

but what i'm saying is that is how "YOU" want to see it, if you wanna stick to Animation's/Arena's name go for it. because that's not the way "I" want to see it, to me P4 Protagonist is whatever "I" want to name him
---
PSN: WhiteStorm910
If they localize Innocence R and Hearts R, my PSVita library will skyrocket to 3. (P4G is the other)
#42Kite91Posted 12/12/2012 9:29:06 PM
Dude, chill, it's a game. A game where they let you name him whatever you want. There are no rules for it. They can name him whatever they want. How are they in denial? I named him that once because I felt like it. It's not about them being "uncreative" or "in denial". Most of them do it because they feel like it.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Haseo8
PSN: Zichiker(made it years ago, which is why the name is terrible)
#43KGTriggerPosted 12/12/2012 9:51:09 PM
haha, this thread is great.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#44pariah164Posted 12/12/2012 9:56:20 PM
My swagtagonist is named Keiichi Nogizawa. DEAL WITH IT.

And Souji is just as canon as Yu. TC, shut up.
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#45KevinCCPosted 12/12/2012 10:30:30 PM(edited)
I like evocative names, and I know a little bit of Japanese to make some crude ones.

For example, P3's protagonist for me is named Mori. It's a good, male Japanese name, yet also brings up "Memento Mori". Last name varies by playthrough... I haven't really thought of a good one for him. Amusingly, I saw the "Memento Mori" flash by in P3P's opening, and not having played the game before, I named him Mori... yeah. A surname of "Ekoda" is just inviting laughs, though.

His female counterpart, though, is Sakura Morinaka. Sure, it's a common first name, but cherry blossoms have the subtext of death. Her last name, again bringing up "Mori", with specific kanji can mean "in the woods", which for me can also mean "lost"... she has to find her way through Tartarus and has a limited time to do so. Snickers could be had by calling her "Maya Toriumi", though...

P4, though... I'd want a last name roughly meaning "seeker of truth". His first name needs connotations of "perseverance". Having a light kanji (not Kanji) pun is always nice as well. Until I can come up with something really cool, I'll just call him Yu Narukami because then people know who I mean.

Still, nothing stops them from being named with words I can only print here as lines of ********...
---
...as opposed to an average game.
#46Azure_FlamePosted 12/12/2012 10:33:02 PM
pariah164 posted...
And Souji is just as canon as Yu. TC, shut up.

Technically it's not, but that doesn't change the fact that people are free to name him whatever they want -- otherwise, why would the naming feature even exist?
---
"[Gravity Rush] is like losing your virginity; sometimes you won't know what you're doing, it's over way too quick and it's totally amazing!" -CBrate
#47dragonkyn20Posted 12/12/2012 11:00:44 PM
People can name their MC whatever the hell they want. I named mine Kairo Fujima and I ignore the fact that Yu is the canon name. To hell with what the game considers canon for the MC. It's up to the player when it comes to your own character. Establish your own canon. That's why Atlus made the main protagonists silent in the first place.
---
PSN and gamertag: dragonkyn20
I love it so much, it's now my universal alias.
#48yabPosted 12/13/2012 12:32:26 AM
I laugh when it's someone named Seta though, cause they got the names backwards due to weeaboos
---
#49natchu96Posted 12/13/2012 1:05:30 AM
@original post

I'm not allowed to give myself a name?
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Boar . . . wait, how did THAT happen?!?
#50Super SlashPosted 12/13/2012 1:21:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]