So why exactly is a cartoony colorful JRPG like this Rated M for Mature???

#31Vanquish04Posted 12/18/2012 7:39:21 AM
Zeldias posted...
As others have said, it's the giant dick in the chariot flailing it's hands and tentacles. And corpses hanging on telephone poles.

Also the sexual innuendo of some dungeons, maybe.

But even without all that, a giant flailing penis on wheels was probably more than enough. And now that I'm thinking about it, I just realized Mara has a mouth, and that creeps me the hell out. Big green wang? Cool. Riding a chariot? Cool. With hands and tentacles? Whatever. And it has a weirdly human mouth? NOPE.

It also has a nose, which Elizabeth pokes fun in P3, to make it more life like Mara makes a thrusting forward motion when you summon it.
#32Shadowstar108Posted 12/18/2012 7:44:22 AM
Well, after playing Persona 3 Portable, I know it kinda deserves an M rating. I mean, party members have to literally shoot themselves in the head to summon their Personas... Not to mention that in the early floors of Tartarus, there's several floors with blood oozing all over the place.

However, compared to 4, there's a lot less swearing. Or at least a lack of the word "****" and stuff. Maybe it's because Kanji stays through the game, and Shinjiro...
---
~Currently Playing: Persona 4, Devil Survivor 2, and Magic: The Gathering~
#33Hitoshura_Posted 12/18/2012 7:48:10 AM
I'm pretty sure all the Persona games are rated T in Japan.
---
*is officially Hitoshura*
#34FScellPosted 12/18/2012 10:35:42 AM
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=25888
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#35thompsontalker7Posted 12/18/2012 11:19:48 AM
I'd have no problem with someone under 17 playing it, but it does seem to be suitable for a more mature audience.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#36rascal45Posted 12/18/2012 11:27:01 AM
I'm pretty sure all the Persona games are rated T in Japan.

Persona 4 has a "Cero C" rating in Japan. Cero C is 15+ to them. So, it's a high Teen/low Mature rating. Outside of Japan, folks decided to bump the rating up a bit. So, what type of game gets a 17+ rating in Japan. Apparently games like Dead or Alive 5 does.
---
Nao-chan....*sniff* I'm against girls binding their breasts like this... Teddie (Persona 4 Arena)
#37AtnevonPosted 12/18/2012 12:07:39 PM
A funny thing is that Nocturne was E in Japan and M in America. It just goes to show....
#38terran3999999Posted 12/18/2012 12:22:08 PM
Maybe its a bit of both.

I could see the side saying it has to do with the soccer moms that run that horrible thing called the ESRB.

But this game covers some subject that might just fly over younger people's head. Seriously, how many teenagers or even adults nowadays know about Carl Jung, Personae and Shadows? To your average soccer mom, seeing a person accept his/her Shadow(*insert common misconception that Shadows are supposed to be evil monsters) might just have caused the high rating.
---
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.
#39FScellPosted 12/18/2012 12:23:29 PM
I could see the side saying it has to do with the soccer moms that run that horrible thing called the ESRB.

A side best ignored entirely.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#40pwivitabox360icPosted 12/18/2012 12:25:45 PM
It is not a movie. video games get all the critic hate because you are doing and not watching.
Nah just kiddig this game has murder, uses swearing often, has mild nudity, demonic references, intoxication, shoong oneself in the head. etc.

( oh btw i got a bad keyboard so some chars might be missing.)