Battle of the Babes P4G Finals(for realz): Rise vs. Naoto

#51HarvestrOfSoulsPosted 12/21/2012 3:06:34 PM(edited)
ArmedDragoon posted...
All the development that comes from the social links are optional and might as well have not happened in the canon, I thought everyone had come to terms with that.

People are actually still saying this?

How do you justify Elizabeth's actions in the later installments if you choose to ignore any interaction she had with the MC via social link on the basis of it being optional? Or do you take some sort of bizarre Schrodinger's choice stance where you will just refute any and all social links until Atlus themselves say otherwise on a case by case basis?

Just as there is no significant way the social links impact the main story (generally), there is no significant way in which they contradict it either. To just say "lalala~ didn't happen because they were optional" makes utterly no sense to me.
---
PSN ID: Berselius
XBOX LIVE ID: HarvestrOfSouls
#52TakashiX8Posted 12/21/2012 2:58:18 PM
heyitsthatguy11 posted...
*Sigh* This is just boring now... Would've been so much more exciting if Marie won... But this... it's been done too many times... Hell, there are active topics on this board that pretty much come to Rise vs Naoto.

You're right I woke up today expecting to see Marie vs Rise and then I see this... Whatever Marie will always be the #1 girl for me I really don't give a crap about this anymore -_-

and obligatory vote for Rise not because I hate Naoto but I just like Rise more
---
PSN:CrowX8
P4A: Labrys
#53GodMWOLFPosted 12/21/2012 3:04:18 PM(edited)
We're stuck in the infinity loop,the cµntinuum shift,the wrong world line.
The result is always the same and will never change.
---
Official Hardcore Risette Fan
TUTURUU Oh Okarin. Psn:mwolfizcool
#54RinkuTanukiPosted 12/21/2012 3:16:02 PM
ArmedDragoon posted...
All the development that comes from the social links are optional and might as well have not happened in the canon, I thought everyone had come to terms with that.

People are actually still saying this?

How do you justify Elizabeth's actions in the later installments if you choose to ignore any interaction she had with the MC via social link on the basis of it being optional? Or do you take some sort of bizarre Schrodinger's choice stance where you will just refute any and all social links until Atlus themselves say otherwise on a case by case basis?

Just as there is no significant way the social links impact the main story (generally), there is no significant way in which they contradict it either. To just say "lalala~ didn't happen because they were optional" makes utterly no sense to me.

Elizabeth didn't have a Social Link. Just to nitpick.

We're stuck in the infinity loop,the cµntinuum shift,the wrong world line.
The result is always the same and will never change.

Hilarious typo is hilarious.
---
I'm not 100% sure, so don't quote me on this. But I don't think the purpose of the censorship was to ruin time-traveling Hitler's fun. - Curse
#55HarvestrOfSoulsPosted 12/21/2012 3:30:44 PM(edited)
RinkuTanuki posted...
Elizabeth didn't have a Social Link. Just to nitpick.

Gah. I am apparently further away from Persona 3 than I had thought. I still find it to be a ridiculous position even without that evidence, but I will admit that I goofed.

Actually now that I think about it, the point still stands as the Elizabeth invites themselves were optional.
---
PSN ID: Berselius
XBOX LIVE ID: HarvestrOfSouls
#56WiiFan77Posted 12/21/2012 3:47:23 PM(edited)
Rise is the worst character in P3/P4. Even worse than Ken and Fuuka.

Naoto FTW.
---
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#57GodMWOLFPosted 12/21/2012 3:48:45 PM
WiiFan77 posted...
Rise is the worst character in P3/P4. Even worse than Ken

*fishslap*

Don't ever say that again.No one's worse then him.
---
Official Hardcore Risette Fan
TUTURUU Oh Okarin. Psn:mwolfizcool
#58WiiFan77Posted 12/21/2012 4:21:15 PM
^
Oh, trust me. I hate him too.
---
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#59Birth_By_SorrowPosted 12/21/2012 4:24:47 PM
Naoto WON!! Woohoo!!! How did that happen???

Naoto. Sorry Rise, you're a Slice of Life cast of girls battling over one guy cliche who comes off too strong while trying to be cute. And beyond your dungeon + S.Link, you act as nothing more then a pretty face for fanservice.
#60synthetiksinPosted 12/21/2012 4:28:37 PM
Birth_By_Sorrow posted...
Naoto WON!! Woohoo!!! How did that happen???

Naoto. Sorry Rise, you're a Slice of Life cast of girls battling over one guy cliche who comes off too strong while trying to be cute. And beyond your dungeon + S.Link, you act as nothing more then a pretty face for fanservice.

Naoto is just a cliched trap that spouts OBVIOUS information with big boobs and a twelve year old boy's backside. This is like voting for a US president for almost ten years now.