No jap. voices=no buy for me

#130StormPosted 12/22/2012 11:31:49 AM
Seriously, what is atlus thinking of releasing these games in the US without the original voice actors that sound tons better then the trashy dubs I have to listen to. Persona 4 has some of the worst english voice acting I ever heard, the anime is even worse but at least there is an option to switch to the japanese voices. I'm sorry but I can't support them under these conditions. I really wondeer why anime companies in America just don't release their products in into original format and stop hiring these voice actors from the streets that can't act to save their lives and ruining the original vision for the characters thanks to the superior japanese voice acting.
#2KhentaiPosted 12/22/2012 11:33:47 AM
I'm sorry voices like JYB, Yuri Lowenthal and Troy Baker, among other VA's who are considered legends in the Eng. Dub Industry, don't satisfy your Japanese Dub needs.

Seriously, no one wants to hear this. Go Away.
---
US PSN[PS3 Primary] :RPGKenneth
JAPAN PSN[PSP/PS Vita Primary] KennethRPG
#3rascal45Posted 12/22/2012 11:34:09 AM
Superior JPN voice acting?

I like to hear Rise sound like a teenage girl and not instantly think of her being one sentence away from shouting "BAKA INU!!!"
---
Nao-chan....*sniff* I'm against girls binding their breasts like this... Teddie (Persona 4 Arena)
#4halfelven23Posted 12/22/2012 11:34:20 AM
import
apparently, the most important thing for you is the voice.....
#5zex_armyPosted 12/22/2012 11:34:24 AM
Do you like pie? I like pie.
#6AlekxanderPosted 12/22/2012 11:34:36 AM
Uh-huh. Whatever helps you sleep at night, sunshine.
#7returnalPosted 12/22/2012 11:34:51 AM
Import.
#8HiroshidaPosted 12/22/2012 11:34:55 AM
Maybe you can pay the licensing fees for them then.

I'm all for dual audio, but if you cannot live without listening to Yui Horie or Kappei Yamaguchi, you can always import the Japanese version.

If I have to make do with the English dub, I'll make do. It's a bonus if it's included in future Persona titles though.

This topic has already been discussed to death even before the game was released...you are kind of beating the dead horse here.
#9RpgpunkPosted 12/22/2012 11:35:18 AM
30Storm posted...
Seriously, what is atlus thinking of releasing these games in the US without the original voice actors that sound tons better then the trashy dubs I have to listen to. Persona 4 has some of the worst english voice acting I ever heard, the anime is even worse but at least there is an option to switch to the japanese voices. I'm sorry but I can't support them under these conditions. I really wondeer why anime companies in America just don't release their products in into original format and stop hiring these voice actors from the streets that can't act to save their lives and ruining the original vision for the characters thanks to the superior japanese voice acting.

Get out of here with your "No Japanese audio" crap and purest mentality.
#10TheRedLightningPosted 12/22/2012 11:35:40 AM
For someone that prefers Japanese voice's I find it ironic that you use such a derogatory word as "Jap".

With that said, if you love the language so much learn it.~
---
Get Bent!