No jap. voices=no buy for me

#41Cappuccin0Posted 12/22/2012 1:07:02 PM
I usually prefer original dubs (whatever the language) ... but I think the english cast did an awesome job with P4. Besides, there's SO much dialogue in the game I'm not sure if the original voices would even fit on the Vita card.
#42chrishu311Posted 12/22/2012 1:20:08 PM
Seriously, no one cares. If you want to be japanese, go live in japan.
---
"Nothing is perfect. The world turns on a tilted axis just doing the best it can, and that's what makes it so damn beautiful." --Roy Mustang
#43SkaldskaparmalPosted 12/22/2012 1:37:02 PM
I don't remember whose alt 30Storm is. I want to say it was someone from the Tales of Graces f board. Either way, you should stop responding seriously to him.
#44rockman202Posted 12/22/2012 1:48:43 PM
How much you wanna bet he doesn't know a single word of Japanese, besides the weeaboo words damn near everyone knows, baka, etc.? How much you wanna bet he is just an elitist who thinks that, since it is Japanese, it must be superior? If you want to listen to the Japanese, fine, but if you want to say it is better, please learn to speak it first, since you have no way of knowing how good it is otherwise. I am sure in 10 years or so when you graduate high school, you can go on to college and take Japanese classes.
#45coydog_30Posted 12/22/2012 2:00:28 PM
Funny thing is, you say you're not trolling and we're the ones that can't accept other's opinions, yet you said anyone that doesn't follow your's is not a true P4 fan. In my opinion, if you were a true fan you'd support Atlus regardless of this issue, and I prefer watching anime/playing games in their original language myself.
---
"When life gives you lemons, go murder a clown"~Festus Krex
PSN: coydog_30 GT: TyingDarkDragon
#46Shadow2790xPosted 12/22/2012 2:01:33 PM
How much you wanna bet he doesn't know a single word of Japanese, besides the weeaboo words damn near everyone knows, baka, etc.? How much you wanna bet he is just an elitist who thinks that, since it is Japanese, it must be superior? If you want to listen to the Japanese, fine, but if you want to say it is better, please learn to speak it first, since you have no way of knowing how good it is otherwise. I am sure in 10 years or so when you graduate high school, you can go on to college and take Japanese classes.

Amen to that.

Also, TC is a confirmed troll.
---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x --- "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"
#47IAmMC2Posted 12/22/2012 2:01:50 PM
Why are you posting in inferior English? If you truly appreciated Japanese culture you'd be posting in katakana, you baka gaijin.
---
Rage kicked by DarkfflareEX in P4A for beating his ass. Like a bawse.
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#48SandOnMyBootPosted 12/22/2012 2:04:29 PM
If someone doesn't understand the language, how would they possibly know if the voice-acting is superior? What might sound exotic and interesting to an English speaker's ears could very well sound wooden, boring, or overacting to a native Japanese speaker.

Just watch an anime where the Japanese voice actors "attempt" to portray native English speakers, and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykf4D4-aKHg

To them, it sounds fine since they don't know the language. To us, it sounds really awkward and fake. Understand? You have no place to say whether or not the Japanese version is superior if you are not fluent in the language.
#4930Storm(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 2:08:54 PM
I don't like when the dubbers ruin the characters, ALL dubbers do that to anime its appaling and disgusting to the japanese owners of that anime. So I don't care if you call me a weaboo or insult me. The truth is the truth. The anime or video should stay in its original format. I don't care if they change the words into english but don't mess with the original voices who give meaning to the characters. Those english dubbers should fine real jobs and stop ruining anime with their appaling acting, really it saves hardcore anime fans like myself grieve.
#50Nightmare637Posted 12/22/2012 2:11:11 PM
Troll, c'mon dude you suck at this.