No jap. voices=no buy for me
It is quite ridiculous to rely on dubs considering that it is no longer the 90s, but people from countries with poor education level got used to them as kids and are nostalgic about it. Old habits die hard.
I know plenty of japanese people, not japs, that prefers the english dub thank you very much. ^_-
Playing: Vindictus, Super Mario 3D Land, Uncharted 3, Tales of the Abyss, Darksiders 2
That' funny. I don't recall the quality of the English voice acting to be the same as this.
Nao-chan....*sniff* I'm against girls binding their breasts like this... Teddie (Persona 4 Arena)
Honestly most japanese voices, in acting anyway, sound the same to me.
They should put Japanese voices as DLC. Why not profit from the weeaboos?
Sounds nice in theory, but it's a good way to pay licensing costs and then realize that there aren't quite as many people who would pay for that as the internet might imply.
What can change the nature of a man?
why would I listen to them speak japanese over english, I dont speak japanese. All the japanese voices sound the same anyway, its like japan only has 1 guy and 1 girl doing every anime and video game
From: SandOnMyBoot | #048
Oh man, that brings back days of going to my Japanese friend's house. His mum would always slip back into Japanese. We were like the only two Asian kids in the area at the time, so she'd always think I'm Japanese before remembering I'm Chinese.
1. Jap is a derogatory term, so if you're using that, you have no respect for Japanese culture anyway.
2. Persona 4 has some of the best English voice acting in Japanese games. Nothing to complain about.
3. There are a good number of voices that are actually worse in the Japanese dub, such as Rise.
4. If you don't speak Japanese, there is no point. And even if you do, what they're saying doesn't match up to the English subs.
5. If you don't speak Japanese, you have no clue what you're saying when you compare the voice acting. How do you know if they're acting well if you have no clue what they're saying? I've learned quite a bit of Japanese and my native language is English, so I know for a fact that the voice acting is pretty equal.
6. No one cares if you won't buy it. True fans of SMT games don't want a bigot like you involved anyway.
The Official Gabriel of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
As someone who prefers watching anime subtitled I have to say I don't mind the voice acting in P4 to be in English. I think the voices fit each character, it's pretty well done imo.