No jap. voices=no buy for me

#818BombermanPosted 12/22/2012 6:27:55 PM
Sure, I'm a man who prefers the japanese voices, but English dub voices like Troy Baker, Liam O' Brian, Vic Mignogna, and some others are amazing. I think I'll always prefer the original Japanese voices, but With such talent as those guys, I wouldn't even think of complaining about dub
#82Kite91Posted 12/22/2012 6:28:58 PM
You're saying it like it's fact. How is that just your opinion?

Listen closely. There are anime and whatnot where the creator has stated that the English voices were better. Or did you miss that fact?

I also somewhat prefer the English because it's something I can understand. I do prefer the original in some cases though.

You should also put it into your head that Japanese voice acting can be bad as well.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Haseo8
PSN: Zichiker(made it years ago, which is why the name is terrible)
#83Ultima_LordPosted 12/22/2012 6:39:00 PM
There's no point trying to show facts to him sadly. He's just about as bad as that VeghEsther guy / bot / thing; keeps saying the same thing no matter what anyone else says and ignores the facts, especially if they would prove him wrong lol.

http://namcotales.wikia.com/wiki/VeghEsther
---
"LEMME TELL YA A LIL' SHOMETHN' ABOUT WORK. EVERYONE'S THE KILLER,
AND I'MA SUUPER MARIO, WHOO-HOO" - Dojima, P4 Comic Dub
#84Kazuhira07Posted 12/22/2012 6:45:11 PM
I love how he doesn't even reply to any of the posts. I like watching subbed Anime, and like it when JRPGs have a dual audio option, but how are we lesser fans for buying it. And how in the world does that mean we don't appreciate Japanese culture?? Makes absolutely no sense. The the voice acting is very decent at the very least (I think they're good)

30Storm posted...
I really wondeer why anime companies in America just don't release their products in into original format and stop hiring these voice actors from the streets that can't act to save their lives and ruining the original vision for the characters thanks to the superior japanese voice acting.

wtf? Anime is produced in Japan, and the producers have or hire localizing companies. Which are owned by Japaneses 90% of the time.
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
Currently playing: Persona 4 The Golden
#85RealDrakeulaPosted 12/22/2012 6:54:29 PM
Wow... Just wow. Never have I seen someone in the anime community so stupid. Please 30storm, do tell...
1) Please explain to me how we are not supporting the community despite enjoying, discussing, and buying the products no matter the language while you limit yourself based on language alone.
2) Yes sir, you are trolling. In no form is an opinion to be expressed as a fact. "All dubs are bad" is not to be expressed as fact. That topic is subjective. I hate the Clannad dub with an undying passion, but love The World God Only Knows dub; both by Sentai Filmworks.
3) Subtitles are a translation. Things have always been, and always will be lost in translation. No matter the language, things must be adapted in order for us to understand it. So guess what, you're not actually acknowledging ACTUAL F*CKING JAPANESE!
#86RebornKusabiPosted 12/22/2012 6:55:07 PM
ChocoXCheese posted...
1. Jap is a derogatory term, so if you're using that, you have no respect for Japanese culture anyway.

2. Persona 4 has some of the best English voice acting in Japanese games. Nothing to complain about.

3. There are a good number of voices that are actually worse in the Japanese dub, such as Rise.

4. If you don't speak Japanese, there is no point. And even if you do, what they're saying doesn't match up to the English subs.

5. If you don't speak Japanese, you have no clue what you're saying when you compare the voice acting. How do you know if they're acting well if you have no clue what they're saying? I've learned quite a bit of Japanese and my native language is English, so I know for a fact that the voice acting is pretty equal.

6. No one cares if you won't buy it. True fans of SMT games don't want a bigot like you involved anyway.

You need to understand that every single thing this person just said is a matter of fact and not opinion, sorry. I myself speak very rudimentary Japanese thanks to being a former Japanophile like you myself and honestly, this games translation is up there in my opinion with Cowboy Bebop and Metal Gear Solid in how much better they flow, sound and feel in English instead of Japanese.

I don't feel you're trolling, you just genuinely have the delusion that having the game spoken in any other language than its own makes it incomplete and you are wrong dude. Furthermore, this game f***ing RULES so much that you will miss out on the best thing out of Japan in recent memory just due to your odd distaste for English translation.

Don't do yourself a disservice- play this game and get over your Japanophilia dood!
---
"The whole ending to MGS2 is a clusterf***. The game was good and then *POW* La Li Lu Le Lo and S.O.P.A. for about 45 minutes." -hankyhank3416
#87LindyXMJHPosted 12/22/2012 6:59:00 PM
Kazuhira07 posted...

wtf? Anime is produced in Japan, and the producers have or hire localizing companies. Which are owned by Japaneses 90% of the time.

Exactly this.^^^

Plus in addition, do you realize that Japanese producers are usually involved in selecting dub voice actors nowadays, so these voices were chosen by the people responsible for the game in the first place? Well they are.

And anyway this topic is silly. Atlus has gone on record hundreds of times and said that it costs too much to license Japanese voice tracks for the English games, considering that most of their games are small releases and they really aren't that big of a company, they would have to triple their sales on every title at least before it would be cost effective (and that's never going to happen, stuff like SMT is too niche).
#88codemeisterx70Posted 12/22/2012 7:08:13 PM
Ultima_Lord posted...
There's no point trying to show facts to him sadly. He's just about as bad as that VeghEsther guy / bot / thing; keeps saying the same thing no matter what anyone else says and ignores the facts, especially if they would prove him wrong lol.

That was a hilarious link you posted good sir, i thank you.
---
Tell it to the cleaning lady on monday. - Todd ingram
Persona 4 - "Rated M for Mara."
#89Kite91Posted 12/22/2012 7:16:43 PM
Ultima_Lord posted...

lol, wow. I've actually seen Vegh's posts on the Trails in the Sky board. He hates story.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Haseo8
PSN: Zichiker(made it years ago, which is why the name is terrible)
#90iRawrHardcorePosted 12/22/2012 7:32:48 PM
Hey man, I prefer the original Japanese voice acting as much as the next guy, in fact if there's the option to switch, I'll usually go back and forth between the two once the one I picked first gets stale but.. you're kinda making yourself look like a jerk. Never have I let lack of Japanese voice acting stop me from buying a game. That's just stupid and would cause me to miss out on great games. Don't be so closed-minded, bro.