Your reaction if Square Enix buys Atlus?

#31FScellPosted 12/24/2012 5:34:16 PM(edited)
Strain42 posted...
Lightning

I guessed, but what actually happened?

Was there some sort of kerfuffle regarding Lightning's armpits?

I mean her new outfits for the new games are all.. well, Final Fantasy outfits. But i didn't hear anything specific about that..
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#32CrimsonmistPosted 12/24/2012 5:36:48 PM
Strain42 posted...
Lightning

I guessed, but what actually happened?

Was there some sort of kerfuffle regarding Lightning's armpits?

Nothing in particular, just something many fans have a fetish for, that and many I've met make comparisons between some P3 character designs and story elements (largely Lightning - Mitsuru, Snow - Shinjiro, Hope - Ken for design and the latter two for the "YOU KILLED MY MOM AND NOW I WILL KILL YOU CAUSE I AM A KID AND MAD" plot point. That in conjunction with all her outfits having easy access to showing those and her thighs at all times, so more or less making High Cut Armor canon for Mitsuru.
---
I might make this my sig...
#33Doru_DinnPosted 12/24/2012 5:49:54 PM
I feel like jrpg game quality would skyrocket for SE because they'd bring in some brilliant people. I'd worry a little bit about megaten becoming a more graphically brilliant, but mediocre game with stylings more reminescent of FF13-2 or ToS2. Honestly I wouldn't feel worried about P5 at all. :l
---
You've got to admit that there's a certain inherent epicness in the Hero running around looking like Hobo Link.
- Guruda on Dragon Quest VII
#34Strain42Posted 12/24/2012 5:52:05 PM
Well supposedly they've been working on P5 for about a year and a half now.

So I think even if Square announced they bought Atlus like tomorrow, I don't think they'd change too much since it's already been done.

I'd worry more about future games than I would about P5.

I'd worry more about Devil Survivor 3 and Dissidia: Megami Ten-...actually, I wouldn't mind seeing that.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#35ArgonisgemaPosted 12/24/2012 5:57:26 PM
Strain42 posted...
Well supposedly they've been working on P5 for about a year and a half now.

So I think even if Square announced they bought Atlus like tomorrow, I don't think they'd change too much since it's already been done.

I'd worry more about future games than I would about P5.

I'd worry more about Devil Survivor 3 and Dissidia: Megami Ten-...actually, I wouldn't mind seeing that.

mhmm shin megami tensei Dissidia that does sound really awesome
---
The Official Garm of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Shin Megami Tensei a game Where you can give GOD the finger .
#36Gandalf the IstariPosted 12/24/2012 6:23:01 PM
"Square Enix is the new EA"
#37Strain42Posted 12/24/2012 6:23:36 PM
What if EA and SquareEnix bought each other?
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#38FScellPosted 12/24/2012 6:24:50 PM
Strain42 posted...
What if EA and SquareEnix bought each other?

Then I get a bowl of popcorn, load up some message boards and have fun.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#39FlareKnightsPosted 12/24/2012 6:25:32 PM
I'd say good bye to the Persona series as we know it.

SE can't even figure out how to make good Final Fantasy games anymore. We'd be stuck with "Persona the failure MMO."
---
"Many think that courage is power. Real courage is when you surpass your own desires to protect something dear.." Dan, Wild Arms
PSN:FlareKnights
#40ElSilverWindPosted 12/24/2012 6:32:21 PM
FlareKnights posted...
I'd say good bye to the Persona series as we know it.

SE can't even figure out how to make good Final Fantasy games anymore. We'd be stuck with "Persona the failure MMO."

Good<
Final Fanstasy<
Pick one

I joke, I joke. Besides wasn't there already a failure SMT MMO?

And I'm always confused about where we draw the line between "glorious nostalgia awesomeness FF games" and the "modern day failures".