Your reaction if Square Enix buys Atlus?

#41FScellPosted 12/24/2012 6:52:46 PM
I think the modern FFs are all still pretty good in their own ways, so I draw no such line.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#42Strain42Posted 12/24/2012 6:55:31 PM
I'm hardly an FF expert, but from what I've seen MOST people seem to put that line between Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2.

Which I believe, oddly enough, is also where the line was when they went from Squaresoft to SquareEnix.

Though I'm not sure because I wanna say most people did seem to like 12, right?

Of course my favorites are Final Fantasy 9 and Final Fantasy Tactics so most FF fans I talk to don't care about my opinion on things.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)
#43CrimsonmistPosted 12/24/2012 7:00:47 PM
Strain42 posted...
I'm hardly an FF expert, but from what I've seen MOST people seem to put that line between Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2.

First SE game out of Japan, but this was developed and published under Square Soft itself and stated as such in the japanese version, so technically this is not the case but is considered a divide of sorts by many.

Which I believe, oddly enough, is also where the line was when they went from Squaresoft to SquareEnix.

Though I'm not sure because I wanna say most people did seem to like 12, right?

Fan reaction of 12 is fairly mixed, much like 13, this is however the first complete mainline FF SE title. Much like 13 there was a backlash on release but that seems to have waned with time.

Of course my favorites are Final Fantasy 9 and Final Fantasy Tactics so most FF fans I talk to don't care about my opinion on things.

Some state those are their favorites as well, up on the list for me as some of the better ones.
---
I might make this my sig...
#44ValedictorianXDPosted 12/24/2012 7:04:48 PM
If it were Square: Sure.

Square Enix: Nah.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#45IAmMC2Posted 12/24/2012 7:08:35 PM
I would cry.
---
Rage kicked by DarkfflareEX in P4A for beating his ass. Like a bawse.
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#46chestershadowPosted 12/24/2012 7:27:58 PM
Nightmare637 posted...
RAGE.

but in all seriousness, RAGE.

No joke, what this guy said ^^^

F*** what Square has become (enix is okay though, theyre the only half of the company that doesnt totally suck).
#47Bleach313Posted 12/24/2012 7:31:44 PM
instead of building your characters we'll have more emo and overly-powerful characters with TOO many belts. Dear God if SE ever bought Atlus I will forever only rely on Namco Bandai for my JRPG goodness. We already seen how SE deals with their fanbase and their games, I don't want to see how they would try to change the Shin Megami Tensei series.

Can you imagine playing Persona and instead of it being in a natural rural area it's in some fantasy world. Instead of building social links you catch monsters, and instead of spending day by day your own way your in a linear straight path to the goal.

Man, I think I'm putting SE down a little to much lol. I'll go easy and say I'll be disappointed that's all.
---
Currently Playing: Persona 4 The Golden and Call of Duty Black Ops 2
PSN ID: yooobooyj
#48FScellPosted 12/24/2012 7:35:30 PM
I will forever only rely on Namco Bandai for my JRPG goodness. We already seen how SE deals with their fanbase and their games

There is, after all, no better treated franchise than Tales.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#49SnackbaitPosted 12/24/2012 7:41:37 PM
I think the funny thing is that persona and megami tensei games will sell more if publish by square enix
#50Strain42Posted 12/24/2012 7:42:53 PM
It's true they might sell more, but they also might be a lot worse. I think that's more the issue here.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona Won M-F)