Your reaction if Square Enix buys Atlus?

#61dragonkyn20Posted 12/24/2012 8:06:15 PM
Personally, I'd rather see a collaboration between the two. Nobuo Uematsu and Shoji Meguro composing the music would be the best thing ever.

But if SE actually buys Atlus... there will be little to no hope for truly 'good' JRPGs in the west. Ever.
---
PSN and gamertag: dragonkyn20
I love it so much, it's now my universal alias.
#62Lord_ProsperPosted 12/24/2012 8:09:05 PM
I would pray to YHVH that there would never be another 'FES' type game like this one, because Square likes to be racist and never release them overseas.
#63FScellPosted 12/24/2012 8:10:00 PM
Lord_Prosper posted...
I would pray to YHVH that there would never be another 'FES' type game like this one, because Square likes to be racist and never release them overseas.

That's not what...
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#64Zechs23Posted 12/24/2012 8:12:24 PM
My reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

Don't get me wrong, I love both companies and the games they make. But I like them seperate. Maybe a crossover game would be good though.
#65blade113355Posted 12/24/2012 8:16:02 PM
Why are people saying if Square bought Atlus they would make a MMO or fighter?

Atlus already did that

They had a MMOish game for the Xbox, and imagine for PC
They had a fighter called Arena.

I wouldn't mind it unless they changed the art design of the series. I love the art design of SMT and Square games but I don't want them merging.
---
99.9% of posters here are slack jawed monkeys
#66UmuruPosted 12/24/2012 8:16:17 PM
Good-bye, Atlus! I knew you well!
#67blade113355Posted 12/24/2012 8:19:29 PM
Yuji Kaido posted...
Once they became streamlined and merged Enix the soul of that company was gone. The creation of the racist uncle tom abomination Sazh only cements that fact.

They do make the occasional good game like Radiata Stories so I wouldn't mind if they continued that series.

...How is Sazh a uncle tom, because he doesn't act like any other black person in western games or berrat (Who as a black guy makes my skin crawl), or as much?

I liked Sazh, he was the one character who wasn't a moron besides Fang. And was likeable, I kinda felt bad for him with his son.
---
99.9% of posters here are slack jawed monkeys
#68FScellPosted 12/24/2012 8:24:02 PM
Sazh is perhaps one of the best characters in that franchise, and it was a terrible shame when his arc ended and he had to fade into the background.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#69Pro_TacticianPosted 12/24/2012 8:29:13 PM
I was all for it then I re-read it. If it turned around to "Your reaction if Atlus buys Square Enix," then I'd fangasm all over the place.
#70thompsontalker7Posted 12/24/2012 8:32:00 PM
That s*** better turn into Square-Enix-Atlus and the Persona series better be untouched, otherwise I think I'd be done with JRPGs period.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!